Quantcast
JL Cleansweep - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: JL Cleansweep

My Ride
    TSX

Default JL Cleansweep

Has anyone had any experience using this product w/ their stock headunit? How much did it improve the sound quality? and any stores in Calgary that sell the unit?

My Ride
    240SX

Visions does, and it does work pretty well

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

Works very well. There are others that are similar quality out there as well, if you are looking to shop around. Audiocontrol makes a bunch of units with high-level inputs.
    Originally posted by FraserB
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Can someone elaborate what it is/does?

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

It hooks into the speaker wires coming out of your factory deck, adjusts or has the ability to tune the output, and provides RCA outputs for aftermarket amplifiers. Basically to put aftermarket gear in a car without changing the factory deck out, since some cars have the deck moulded to the dash.
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.

My Ride
    TSX

anybody try using the Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY yet? I've been reading reviews and seems like it's alot better and you get to keep your OEM fader & volume control.

the 3sixty alows you to control or eq everything from a laptop or computer. you can also transfer your data on a pda and tune it from your palm pilot.

the clean sweep is again just a cleaner signal compared to other highlevels and also has an aux for ipod or mp3 player on the unit

My Ride
    TSX

the 3sixy also has the aux for ipod or mp3. Anyone know how much the JL Cleansweep retails for? I know they RF 3Sixty retails for $399 at Futureshop.

My Ride
    1988 Accord, 1990 4Runner SR5

I haven't had any experience with the JL or rockford pieces, but the Audiocontrol factory integration pieces are awesome.

LC6, LC8, LC8i, and the DQL-8.

http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/pr...duct_id=231512

My Ride
    TSX

Originally posted by Hash_man
    I haven't had any experience with the JL or rockford pieces, but the Audiocontrol factory integration pieces are awesome.

LC6, LC8, LC8i, and the DQL-8.

http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/pr...duct_id=231512
    Yeah the audiocontrol processors looks pretty good but where can I buy them in Calgary?
    What is the retail price for these units?

i've been a fan of JL stuff over the years (EQL, etc), the only potential issue i see, is that factory decks (many/most) are still clipped at a pre-set high & low freq
    so it'll allow you to QL through the available freq range being put out, but you're still going to be stuck if (for example) the factory deck is clipped so does not give signal for below (lets say) 50Hz, then any fancy subs/amp you put in will be limited to that same also
    i could be wrong?
    Last edited by Whiley; 05-29-2008 at 10:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by avow
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    going down the street... sideways... with the wheel cracked and me shitting myself... oh how i miss that car!

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

Originally posted by Speed_69

Yeah the audiocontrol processors looks pretty good but where can I buy them in Calgary?
    I can get all of them, and ship them to Calgary. We are an authorized AC dealer

If you'd like one, PM me the model and I'll look up pricing. They aren't terribly cheap, but they are fantastically reliable and we warranty them as well. Please note that while readily available online, Audiocontrol does not warranty online sales

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

Originally posted by Whiley
    i've been a fan of JL stuff over the years (EQL, etc), the only potential issue i see, is that factory decks (many/most) are still clipped at a pre-set high & low freq
    so it'll allow you to QL through the available freq range being put out, but you're still going to be stuck if (for example) the factory deck is clipped so does not give signal for below (lets say) 50Hz, then any fancy subs/amp you put in will be limited to that same also
    i could be wrong?
    If your deck is equipped with a high or low pass then yes. But few are. It just seems that way because your speakers can't handle those frequencies.

Most of these modules are designed with the limitations of a factory system in mind and do their best to reproduce all frequencies.

My Ride
    1988 Accord, 1990 4Runner SR5

Audio Concepts Mobile carries audiocontrol.

Check out the REQ5 made by Streetwires. It will bring the bass back that your factory headunit fades out, and it is about half the price of those other units.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info