Quantcast
Douchebag Dealership (Not BMW related) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Douchebag Dealership (Not BMW related)

My Ride
    Z

Default Douchebag Dealership (Not BMW related)

So I decided that I needed to get a bigger car. I ended up going to Stampede Pontiac on 9th ave downtown. Everything was great got a good trade in value on my car. Picked a used car that I liked. Everything went smooth. I was in and out withing 2 hrs with a new used car. They said that the car was "Optimized" through GM Canada. Which included a 3 Month 3000 KM Warranty. So I drove arround a bit on Saturday and Sunday. With not a single problem. Took it to work and back. Still no problems.

Took it to the Avacado Grill in Deerfoot Meadows. Parked and went inside. I came out about an hour later. And the car wouldn't start at all. It turns over a couple times and then just starts clicking. So I check the battery through the Information screen in the car and it reads 11.9V which should be more than enough to crank and start the car. So I try again with no luck. This time the display shows a message of "Charge system failure".

So I think whatever the warranty will cover this. I will call the dealership tommorow.

I called the dealership as soon as they opened at 9am. I talked to the salesman who sold me the car. He told me that towing charges were not covered by the warranty. After arguing with him for a good 10 minutes or so. I told him I would figure something out.

I called GM Canada they said that the warranty covers towing charges to the nearest GM dealership. Which is great. They arranged for the towing and now my car is at Shaw GMC on Blackfoot.

I then called the salesman again and told him he needs to read up a bit more on what he is selling. Then I told him that I want them to cover the repair costs whether it is covered by warranty or not. He told me that he couldn't do this for me because they didn't make any money on the car to begin with. ( I did get a good deal but they will make more than enough on my car.)

He said that as soon as a vehicle leaves their lot that it is not there concern anymore and they don't know what was done to make the problem happen.

Does anyone know what I can do to make them cover everything? I think that it's bullshit if they try to make me pay anything on this car. I had it for 3 days.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

My Ride
    Lease

So the GM Optimized plan wouldn't cover the 3 month/3,000km warranty???

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Default Re: Douchebag Dealership (Not BMW related)

Originally posted by BlkMaxima

I then called the salesman again and told him he needs to read up a bit more on what he is selling. Then I told him that I want them to cover the repair costs whether it is covered by warranty or not. He told me that he couldn't do this for me because they didn't make any money on the car to begin with. ( I did get a good deal but they will make more than enough on my car.)

He said that as soon as a vehicle leaves their lot that it is not there concern anymore and they don't know what was done to make the problem happen.
    yes it still is in some cases. I suggest dropping the word "Amvic" and seeing his reaction. Most dealerships value their reputation more then a $400 fix of some sort.

What kind of car is it?
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Z

The 3 month warranty is included in the optimized plan.

But it may not cover the electrical system.

It's just a 04 Pontiac Grand Prix. Nothing special.

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

fuck dealerships
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by dezmarez
    fuck dealerships
    Didn't you just get your deposit BACK from a dealership that pulled strings to fix the issue?

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Meh... first speak with someone higher up, maybe a GM...

and if he gives you the same answer, tell him that you feel this is extremely unfair, since you just bought the car their 3 days ago, finally, tell him that for every dollar you spend on the car, you'll match that in your efforts to warn the public of the way his/her dealership has treated you by going to papers/news/BBB and such.

Does boosting it work? I have a feeling it's the alternator. If you got such a good deal on the car and it's a cheap fix you should just fix it yourself. Better then dealing with all the BS - it's just not worth the time.

My Ride
    BMW 135i

just go to the showroom at the dealership and take a knife to some of the Leather seats in there. You will feel much better.
    "looks kinda like a hair cul-de-sac"

My Ride
    WRX STI

Talk to the service manager or something before you give up. Dont waste your time with the salesman. After that, call the BBB so other poor bastards dont get stuck in a problem like yours

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Originally posted by richardchan2002
    Does boosting it work? I have a feeling it's the alternator. If you got such a good deal on the car and it's a cheap fix you should just fix it yourself. Better then dealing with all the BS - it's just not worth the time.
    I agree...IF you find out it is not covered under warrenty, take it somewhere else, try boosting it so you dont have to tow it. They will lose way more money if you never take it back there for repairs. Post the name of the salesman so people can avoid him.

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

I wouldn't waste anymore time with the sales douche. Half of the time they don't even know the policies of their company. Talk to GM Canada, and explain the problem and ask what they will do for you. If you have that warranty, even the dealership should recognize that

Originally posted by richardchan2002
    It's principal man. This is exactly how these fucking dealerships get it in their head that people are retarded and if they just say "no it was your fault" everyone will go away. Maybe it is "okay" for the minor things, but when someone's engine blows up for no reason and the dealership refuses to fix it...I mean it all stems from the same seed.

Come over to Western Canada Grand Prix club and we can help you with the problem, we have a lot of very Grand Prix smart people.

http://www.wcgpc.org

But, don't waste time with the BBB, they don't do anything, what a waste of time.