Quantcast
Argentina - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Argentina

My Ride
    Giant Reign

Default Argentina`

So I've decided I"m going to argentina for a couple of weeks at the start of july (I usually get out of town during stampede). Going to be doing some snowboarding and a couple other things but thought I'd ask to see if anyone knows of anything I should try to see/do while over there. Advice on the hills over there?

Haven't booked my flight yet either, any advice on where I should look would be appreciated.
    Several studies have investigated the relationship between intelligence and the degree of religious belief (excluding humanism), with most showing an inverse correlation between intelligence averages and the "importance of religion" to the testee.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

If you're looking for snowboarding consider going to Chile, and check out Portillo, and also Valle Nevado/Colorado. Check snow conditions before you go. There have been years on record in the past where there was barely any snow. 2007 was a great season though.

My Ride
    Giant Reign

THought about chile too but I have some contacts I can use in argentina, plus it's cheaper (from what I've been told). I don't really want to go to colorado, I'd like to see south america (or at least a small part of it) even if the boarding isn't as good.

Do you have any links for snow forecasts/ski hills around there?
    Several studies have investigated the relationship between intelligence and the degree of religious belief (excluding humanism), with most showing an inverse correlation between intelligence averages and the "importance of religion" to the testee.

If I understand correctly, Valle Nevado/Colorado are ski resorts. Not referring to the state Colorado.

My Ride
    Jetta

Go see La Bombonera. Even if you aren't a fan of soccer, it's still an impressive stadium, especially in the wester part of the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estadio_Alberto_J._Armando

My Ride
    C3P0

I was just there a couple weeks ago. Didn't go skiing but Bunoes Aires was a great place if you like big cities. The nightlife was incredible. Things you should really see if your not too gung ho on the skiing would be Iguazu falls, the El Califate advancing glacier, and the penguins in ushaya(spelling's probly off). As for it being cheaper than Chile that is definetly true. Sorry but no advice on ski hills.
    d(-_-)b

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Argentina is dirt cheap.. and has the most beautiful ladies in the world (IMO) Im not so sure I would be going down to go skiiing though. Ive spent time in BA and Cordoba... both were great. If you are in BA for while, consider taking a flight or ferry to Punta Del Este in Uruguay.. kinda like the vacation spot for the rich and famous down there.. except is is basically their winter, so no small bathing suits for you!

Originally posted by R-Audi
    Argentina is dirt cheap.. and has the most beautiful ladies in the world (IMO)
    you've got that right!
    Exhibit A:
    http://www.werner.com.ar/blog/pics/emilia%20attias/

If your planning on doing some skiing, Bariloche is supposed to be one of the best hills around. But don't expect too much, we do live in the Rocky Mountains. If you've got time, I'd check out Iguazu and Patagonia too. Both worth the long trip.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Originally posted by forced14
    If I understand correctly, Valle Nevado/Colorado are ski resorts. Not referring to the state Colorado.
    Yes, they are ski resorts in Chile. Not talking about the state.
    I was on the ski team at Valle Nevado for a few years. Great hill IMO.

My Ride
    greenwheels.nl

yeah dont expect too much for snow in july. We got shit on last year at the end of august in chillan, it was sick for me, not the greatest for my athletes..... oh well but deffinately try to check out patagonia, go swimming with the penguins while you're at it