Quantcast
tips for elise - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: tips for elise

My Ride
    Apex Predator

Originally posted by surfertech
    were not raggin just cuz it isnt an alpine man. i dont have an alpine hu but i did have a pansonic hu last year. paid over 400 for it and it was a peice of crap. just a lesson from experience
    Alpine is great, my next deck will probably be an Alpine..

I think the life span of a deck can be attributed to

1) the owner's use
    2) the system hooked up to it
    3) how well it was installed
    4) luck - since everything is engineered to last only so long and then you go buy another. Or pay just as much to have it fixed.

again my recommendation is to go with Panasonic if thats what you want. It's not like they entered the electronics industry yesterday. They've been around a long time. At least it's a brand name. Get a couple years out of it, and get something new again.
    Last edited by NickGT; 08-24-2003 at 08:15 PM.

"She takes premium dude! PREMIUM!!! DUDE!!!!"

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

pioneer never has given me any problems.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by Abom

Maaco does awesome paint jobs for cheaper than that. Just ask 4cylFiero. They changed his color for some $1200 ? I had paint done at Maaco too, and they get from me.
    He did all the prep work himself
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

exactly... wanna see a 'real' macco paint job

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

True, but still, it won't be like $3000 to have Maaco do it, I think he'll get away with $1800

My Ride
    97 si honda civic/2004 chevy silverado

i am still wanting panasonic i have had two decks for each of my cars of that brand never had a problem.......so you guys can tell me about all the goods on clarion or alpine...or sony and from personal experience I would never buy alpine you'd have to pay me to get one......same goes with sony they make shitty decks. So panasonic it is. Like I said the sound i want panasonic gives it to me all the way.
    Ryan as for the paint.......i want to know how much i need to start saving in order to have a new colour.....and you know something I don't want it lowered because that isn't practical for the winters...and as for rims i want white ones.....so that can wait. I want the paint first. See i don't care about speed just yet...its all about the appearance of the car and who is driving the car hehehehe....anyways thanx I will put some thought into it and start saving my extra cash.....
    i am who i am.

Originally posted by surferbaby13
    See i don't care about speed just yet...its all about the appearance of the car and who is driving the car hehehehe....anyways thanx I will put some thought into it and start saving my extra cash.....

Can't have speed AND looks at the same time unless you got a lot of cash. Got to do it one by one

Anyways, save $2000 for the paint, then go get quotes with and without you doing the prep work.

My Ride

thankyou...i appreciate the help from all of you
    i am who i am.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Elise, if youre going to get rims then youll have to lower the car, it will look gay without it being lowered and having rims. You can always get adjustable sleeves, skunk2 makes a decent set so you can raise and lower the car as you please(about $400 a set). dont worry about go especially since its a civic and you use it as a daily driver
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Doesn't matter how good someone is at spraying paint, or how good of quality paint you use. a good paint job comes down to having it prepped extremely well. Prep is everything.
    Travel

Originally posted by Ben
    Doesn't matter how good someone is at spraying paint, or how good of quality paint you use. a good paint job comes down to having it prepped extremely well. Prep is everything.

I agree.

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

Originally posted by Ben
    exactly...

sorry... every paint job i see from macco i find way to many problems in the car, waves, scars, ect... but then again, doing your own prep work usually results in the same thing unless you have done lots of prep work, and its a skill thats allways changing, with many diffrent ways to do stuff....

My Ride

okay that makes sense thankyou
    i am who i am.

Originally posted by ninspeed
    sorry... every paint job i see from macco i find way to many problems in the car, waves, scars, ect... but then again, doing your own prep work usually results in the same thing unless you have done lots of prep work, and its a skill thats allways changing, with many diffrent ways to do stuff....

Depends on the Maaco of course, there's like 4 in Calgary.

My Ride

from the sounds of it I won't go with maaco i'd be reallly ticked off if I worked my ass of to have a cheaper paint job from them and in the end......ist crap....yeah I'd raise a little hell.......no patience on my side
    i am who i am.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by surferbaby13
    from the sounds of it I won't go with maaco i'd be reallly ticked off if I worked my ass of to have a cheaper paint job from them and in the end......ist crap....yeah I'd raise a little hell.......no patience on my side

Work a bit longer and fork over for a good paint job. I've always been a firm believer in the saying "you get what you pay for", and Paint Jobs is DEFINATLY part of that rule.

Trust me on that one, you'll thank me later.
    Travel

My Ride

yeah sandman has been giving me tips and ideas......so i'm going to chat with him and see what he has to offer...because this surfer is getting a raise at work......so I could get this paint job even before winter.......that would be sweet
    i am who i am.

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Fast, cheap, and good quality. Pick any two.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    Really FAST Ones

HEy Elise ask Ryan for Jerry's number. He is my body guy yea he is in Lacombe. This is Cam from Diablo if you didn't know. Jerry will look after you real good just tell him how much you wanna spend. The problem with body work is you get what you pay for. You can save yourself some $$$$ by removing the interior yourself. Complete color change is quite expensive. Stay away from MACCO that place is the same as any other body shop. They make their money by upselling you all the options and you get what you pay for.
    Lookin Good is Goin FAST
    "HOME of the AWD DYNO"

My Ride

how's it going I haven't heard from you in so long......starting to miss you. I sold the topaz aren't you proud of me....and I am starting to get the hang of standard. Yeah I stalled it like 3 times in a row on macload but whatever....i am learning.....hey thanx cam....I will totally look into that.
    Elise
    i am who i am.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast