Quantcast
Tim hortons quickpay tim card - BECAREFUL!!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tim hortons quickpay tim card - BECAREFUL!!!

My Ride
    a tank

Default Tim hortons quickpay tim card - BECAREFUL!!!

Well here is my story.

I've had a tim horton's quick pay card for nearly 3 months. And funny thing is it never occurs to me how important this is but I always ask for a receipt each time I goto drive thru in the morning once or twice a week.

However, this morning something strange happened. After I ordered a breakfast sandwitch with a medium coffee double double. I go about my usual routine and pay using my timy card.

Now the lady at the cash register seem to be in a hurry as she handed me my food and coffee pretty instantly as well as my card as soon as I pull up to the window.

Then I realize, wait a second. she forgot to give me my receipt so how could I be sure she had charged me correctly.

Though occassionally I would check online and make sure I still had the right balance and pretty sure each time I check it was fine. so why would be any different today if I dont do it.

Well good thing I did, because she couldnt find it, and so I had to wait an extra minute as she looks like she is doing something to the register and waiting for a print out.

ok, so I thought, maybe she's just trying to print out another receipt for me. Well somehow she handed me two copies and I had no clue what she was talking about. But seeing that I notice on one receipt it had the right remaining balance on it, I thought to myself, she probablly just didnt know which one was mine. But since one of them looks right, I took them both and went to work.

Well at the end, I was still curious as to what had taken place so I went online to check my balance. Now the good thing is any type of transaction would be shown when I enter my card number as well as the pin on the card.

Funny is, I notice a few things.

1. The 4 dollar that was suppose to be charged on my card never took place.
    2. She had withdrawn 40 dollars on the spot reducing my account
    3. Next I saw a reload amount of 36 cents
    4. Then I saw a reload of 36 dollars to bring my total balance back to where it should be minus my food.

Now if you use common sense, I think I know what just happened. She was trying to take out 40 dollars without me knowing. And as soon as I ask her for my receipt I think she realize it didnt work so she quickly reloaded the card back to where it should be.

Wow, she really is smart, NOT!! even if you suppose she made a mistake, where is it? the 4 dollars that she took my card thru the first time should have captured on the balance, but instead it was 40 dollars. I'm quite sure she took my swipe and ring in 40 dollars. and perhaps at the end of the day she will take the 40 dollars out of the tilt and no one would know unless I complained.

So this goes on to show you, its important to get your receipt. I'm wondering if I should goto Tim horton to complain. And the one thing thats interesting is, at the end I do not know why she reload an extra 36 cents? perhaps to disguise the whole thing as a mistake? but it seems like she could pretty much do anything with your money if you ask me.

On the side note, for those that dosnt know.

Most gift card these days whether, tim horton, futureshop or best by or even others comes with a hidden pin number on it. Now be careful when you purchase gift card from anyone that has this gift card's pin number revealed. because even if you check and the balance is there, who ever knows the card number as well as the pin can instantly report a lost or basically steal your money without you ever knowing.

So general rule of thumb when I buy a gift card off someone I would goto the customer service of that store, after verifying the amount I would put the balance on a completely new card.

Last edited by SilverRex; 06-06-2008 at 07:44 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Wouldn't they have some sort of check system, IE you report that they took $40 out of your account by accident and they check to see who was working the till at the time that it happened and lay the smack down on them? I guess they really couldn't whether or not they stole $40 but I think if someone wants to do anything to your account, they would have to use the till, and therefore it would all get recorded no?
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

Good catch!
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by arian_ma
    Wouldn't they have some sort of check system, IE you report that they took $40 out of your account by accident and they check to see who was working the till at the time that it happened and lay the smack down on them? I guess they really couldn't whether or not they stole $40 but I think if someone wants to do anything to your account, they would have to use the till, and therefore it would all get recorded no?
    yes im sure if I complain, something will be done to either give trouble to who ever was at the register since I have the time stamp or at least they may ensure me this wont happen again. who knows..
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    huffy

Originally posted by arian_ma
    theoretically thats the way it should be but people still get scammed like that everyday so it is obviously not fool proof

My Ride
    Jetta

Maybe in a rush she hit "40" instead of "4" and didn't realize the mistake until you asked...?

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Is a SANDWITCH a lady in a black pointy hat hanging out in light tan dirt?

I believe from what you wrote that she made a few mistakes trying to correct the original one.

Always get a receipt in a drive-thru situation. Twice I had a punk bitch hand me the debit pad and "accidentaly" hit the OK button. Therefore not showing me the total. Both times he had rung my order in for a dollar more than what the order total was. He then would pocket the dollar each time from the till.

He got me once and I busted him twice. Needless to say the copper top retard lost his Mcjob. Hopefully he got beat like a red headed step child not long after!
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by Rocky
    Maybe in a rush she hit "40" instead of "4" and didn't realize the mistake until you asked...?
    it is quite possible but then again if she was smart enough to scam 40 dollars off 4 dollar purchase or 50 dollars on a 5 dollar purchase, that would give her a safe excuse that she punched in the wrong number.

however because it just so happens she did not hand me the recipiet for the first time ever in the last 3 months makes you really wonder.

and if you look at the time stamp, there is enough time in between to proof that she did not correct my mistake right away until I ask for a receipt which means either way I would have been hooped.

It does sound like a smart way to cover her ass as well as make some money if it goes undetected. Come on, how obvious that someone would spent 40 dollars on a sandwitch and 1 coffee
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    CRF 250L

I bought two 50 dollar gift certificate cards from Tims, I think those are the same as the card you are speaking of no?

Anyways, i bought them at the Tims in GP for some contractors that had done some work for me as an Xmas present.

They went in to Tim Hortons and they were told the cards had ZERO value and no money had been put on the account.

Scam artists!
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

I don't think she was scamming you. Perhaps it was getting hectic inside and she charged $40 instead of $4 to your card.

Stressing out, she tries to reload $36 to make up for the difference but forgets to add two more zeros, so you only got $0.36. Finally, $36.00 is added back on to fix everything and the $0.36 is forgotten about.

---

My Ride
    EVO IX MR

Originally posted by Rocky
    I agree, I am not saying that there are people that stupid but if she did have a scam going why not take 2 dollars at a time. It would be unnoticed and add up quick at a place like timmy's, $40 bucks is going to get noticed pretty quick.
    12.43 @ 108mph

I found one in a car an pick n pull ... there was only 19cents on it..

My Ride
    EVO IX MR

We have a car wash here that takes cards to get minutes to wash your car. I find cards people forget all the time with money left on em.
    12.43 @ 108mph

sooo.. u think she is getting rich by doing this??? she gets no benefit what so ever.

luxor Guest

Originally posted by kenny
    I don't think she was scamming you. Perhaps it was getting hectic inside and she charged $40 instead of $4 to your card.

Stressing out, she tries to reload $36 to make up for the difference but forgets to add two more zeros, so you only got $0.36. Finally, $36.00 is added back on to fix everything and the $0.36 is forgotten about.

SilverRex: Yo buddy you talk about using "common sense" and apparently this "common sense" isn't so common to us, at least not your type of common sense. If you looked at those numbers you can obviously see that it was just a mistake. She so happened to forget your receipt that day, which in turn make you believe you got scammed.

Here's a suggestion though, go print out that online statement and go back to that timmies and accuse her of fraud, theft, scam or whatever that $40 is worth. Make sure you do it in front of everyone (morning rush) and be loud so everyone can hear you announce those numbers. I'm sure everyone will agree with you and maybe you can get some awesome compensation for all the hassle you've been put through. Did she really think she could get away. Thats like the ultimate bust right there.

My Ride
    94 5.0 2004 FX4

Cards are a huge scam anyways, nothing ever costs like 10-20-30 bucks its always 10.37 etc, there's always change left over on the cards.

My Ride
    my wife crazy

Is there any financial advantage/discount to these cards?? If not.

Cash is king!!

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

36 to make it loook like an honest mistake if its brought up

accidentally charged u 40

tried to refund u 36..typed in .36 instead tho

prolly to save her ass in the end.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by Pshrynk
    Is there any financial advantage/discount to these cards?? If not.

Cash is king!!
    Nope there is not, it's a huge bonus for TH, they get an immediate cash injection from hundreds of thousands of card users and in return they eventually provide them profitable goods over an extended period of time, meanwhile gaining huge amounts of interest on the cash that they've received. If you own shares in TH then suggest them to friends and use them yourself.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    03' Audi A4 Quattro

Which store was this at?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast