Quantcast
Back To College? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Back To College?

My Ride
    08 BMW 328i, 03 Turbo SVT Focus

Originally posted by Gondi Stylez
    who here is all goin to MRC?! bastards at UofC told me i had to go their cuz they wouldnt wait for my summer school marks?!?! and even then im goin to have to redo it! fuckin 72 isnt good enough!!! o well let the MRC crew represent!!!!???
    I work at Mount Royal. Does that count?

I goto U of L Calgary Campus, which is SAIT

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 09:42 PM.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Back to school? What the fuck? I just finished spring/summer courses two Friday's ago! My summer just started! Hahaha!

But I'm excited... 4th year of comp sci (even though I'll probably be returning for an extra semester afterwards for stupid options...)

Originally posted by kaput
    snip.......Ride the curve... hasn't failed me yet!
    Lol, I hear ya. I know there has been some courses where I got a 21% in the final (worth 60%) and still ended up with a B+. What a brutal course. Boy am I glad school is done for me!!! What a waste of money and time (relatively speaking, crappy profs, expensive tution...could have learned almost 80% of it on my own and the 20% from a mentor), but the piece of paper makes it all worth it.

Good luck to all students returning to school and hope you are all taking a program you enjoy.

My Ride
    Corolla

man I wish I was back in school, 2 months of holiday... man I just started my holiday this week.. well it will only last for one week...

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

Originally posted by Davan

I work at Mount Royal. Does that count?
    hahah maybe, where do you work??

My Ride
    08 BMW 328i, 03 Turbo SVT Focus

ITS department.

My Ride
    GTI

who here is all goin to MRC?! bastards at UofC told me i had to go their cuz they wouldnt wait for my summer school marks?!?! and even then im goin to have to redo it! fuckin 72 isnt good enough!!! o well let the MRC crew represent!!!!???
    MRC here, second year. I was supposed to go to U of C last year but Alberta Learning f'd up my transcripts and left out some 30 level courses, I would have gotten in but now I have to change from applied math 30 the pure this semester because they changed the requirements, so I'm at MRC for at least one more semester. Pisses me off, but MRC is pretty good, seems like I'm wasting my time though.

My Ride
    08 VQ35HR

I'm planning on going back to sait for some bbq cooking course or whatever cooking course they have available! No more academic courses for me! Oh wait, I can't go back since I never went to sait in the first place... what's so good about sait anyways? there's probably more people going to sait than U of C!!! Or maybe that's just the beyond population...

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

Originally posted by Hakkola

MRC here, second year. I was supposed to go to U of C last year but Alberta Learning f'd up my transcripts and left out some 30 level courses, I would have gotten in but now I have to change from applied math 30 the pure this semester because they changed the requirements, so I'm at MRC for at least one more semester. Pisses me off, but MRC is pretty good, seems like I'm wasting my time though.
    are you taking MATH 0130 then???? and if you are what time cuz im gonan be there also!! im on M and W from 630-850

My Ride
    pedals

U of A on the 3rd i think (i should really check on that). segundo anos de mi esudio. Actually im not taking spanish again.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Going back to Kingston on the 5th.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by sml
    I'm planning on going back to sait for some bbq cooking course or whatever cooking course they have available! No more academic courses for me! Oh wait, I can't go back since I never went to sait in the first place... what's so good about sait anyways? there's probably more people going to sait than U of C!!! Or maybe that's just the beyond population...
    While a BComm from U of C is definitely the preferred choice for a business degree, most of us can't get in to the program with the intensive competition! So instead of pissing away two years trying to do that, you already have your business diploma at SAIT

Cheaper tuition, smaller classes, makes a difference to me at least.

The way I look at it, a degree is a degree, doesn't matter where you get it from. Because in the end, you are learning the samething.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by max_boost
    While a BComm from U of C is definitely the preferred choice for a business degree, most of us can't get in to the program with the intensive competition! So instead of pissing away two years trying to do that, you already have your business diploma at SAIT

Cheaper tuition, smaller classes, makes a difference to me at least.

The way I look at it, a degree is a degree, doesn't matter where you get it from. Because in the end, you are learning the samething.
    The shitty thing is that they now have direct entry into the management program, so many people get in regardless of whether they work hard for two years or not...

Max_Boost - my sister just enrolled in the business admin course at Sait - how do the employment opportunities and career prospects look for this program? I know you are taking it, but would you take it again if you were given the opportunity?
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    2010 GLK350 4MATIC, 2006 SLK350

Originally posted by gpomp
    Going back to Kingston on the 5th.
    Going back on the 29th.
    If you want all your shit back from me you're gonna have to find me when you get back cuz on the 5th I'm going to be at the sidewalk sale all day...er....scouting the frosh....for my club....yea, that's it.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Weapon_R

The shitty thing is that they now have direct entry into the management program, so many people get in regardless of whether they work hard for two years or not...

Max_Boost - my sister just enrolled in the business admin course at Sait - how do the employment opportunities and career prospects look for this program? I know you are taking it, but would you take it again if you were given the opportunity?
    I think it's a great program! If the statistics are correct, something like 97% of graduates are employed within in 6 months of completing the program. Now that % is misleading because the hard part isn't finding a job, but finding a good one that pays well!!

If I had the choice, I would of worked harder to try to get into a prestigious University somewhere out East or South of the border. I ran out of options so SAIT was my best bet and I'm happy with my progress so far. I'll be graduating with a Bachelor of Administration with concentration in Industrial Relations and Human Resources from Athabasca University sometime next year and hopefully that will land me a HR job somewhere. If not, I'll be a lifer at my restaurant! haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Integra

Did SAIT, now moving on to the Uni. I'm getting more and more nervous as the fisrt day of classes approachs but I guess that happens to all first time students. *well me anyway, lol*

My Ride
    1988 Accord, 1990 4Runner SR5

Well I am just going back to high school for grade 12 this week, but I am almost 100% sure that I wil be at SAIT the year after.

I think I will take BA Automotive. Is anyone here in that course?

My Ride
    Civic . . .

Yeah for MRC he he actualy I'm not starting until winter semester though, have to work to pay off the new car, but I'll be going into my second year there.
    never argue with idiots, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast