Quantcast
RECOVERED: Black RHD 89 CRX SiR - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: RECOVERED: Black RHD 89 CRX SiR

My Ride
    crx sir

Originally posted by canuckcarguy

Uhhh.... okay. Which time? When you were the owner? Or when you were the friend? Or the friend of a friend?

But whatever. I take it that's a big "no" on the promissory note / certified cheque idea, huh?
    Every time it was me ( the owner) or my friend who is in possesion of the car.

Originally posted by canuckcarguy
    I don't know, it all sounds like bullshit to me. Pulse_crx is apparently innocent of everything, because somebody else used his account, and according to rexsir he never posted anything on this thread. Of course, in a bunch of the pulse_crx postings he represents himself as the owner, and then a bunch of times decides he's the owner's friend, where he states that his friend has pretty much decided not to pay any reward, despite earlier promises to pay one. Meanwhile, rexsir has to use Pulse_crx's account, instead of setting up his own account, because he's out of town. Where he has access to a computer but apparently not the ability to choose a username and password? Huh? The whole thing doesn't make sense except in the context of somebody trying to wriggle out of paying money he clearly owes.

Call me crazy, but would anybody here be surprised if Kona never sees dime #1? I think rexsir delaying this until mid-August is designed to lower the heat on this issue, and hopefully we'll all forget about it.

Rexsir, how about writing a post-dated cheque? Signing a promissory note? an IOU? Anything?
    It should be interesting. Just judging from Konas posts, he seems like a stand up, good guy. For him to post in this thread must mean something. ie, communication has stopped.

Follow through on your word (whoever the owner is ) take out a loan or borrow the money. Kona bent over backwards to ensure a fellow beyonder was looked out for. You did promise a reward. Hell, I bet Kona would accept a nice dinner, or gift certificate if you are honest and tell him in the heat of the moment you threw the 2,000 figure out there, but really fucking appreciated his effort.
    Last edited by rmk; 08-05-2008 at 09:41 PM.

My Ride
    fast and red.

Originally posted by rexsir

wow , it takes 30 days to post in the market place, hence why i used his account!
    Oh. Now I understand. You posted the stolen car in the market place? You see, I read it in "General Car/Bike Talk", where all the other stolen car posts seem to be. Including this one.

But again... promissory note forthcoming?

My Ride
    2 RWD Turbo Cars

OK, this is Kurtis, (pulse_crx) first time Ive actually posted in this thread. There was a reason I havent been on beyond for the past couple months and this is exactly why. This site is to hard for me now, my e-thug game is weak.

But anyway, I let my friend, rexsir, use my account to post the stolen thread, he didnt have an account when the car was stolen. I had nothing to do with any rewards offered in any terms of the vehicle return regardless of how or when.

Do not involve me with Kona trying to get his reward, he has my friends number to get ahold of him and nothing you people on this site are really going to help him out with. I was trying to help a friend out that had his car stolen and did not want it to turn into this beyond BS.

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Whoah Whoah Whoah!!

First off, I REALLY appreciate all of those that have stood up for not only myself, but what is right. Thank you!!!

I spend a good deal of time on Beyond. It is the same group of people and OG's that keep me on here. A form of entertainment in an area of solid interests in my life...Cars! There is an actual SOLID local community thanks to Rage2 and Kenny. Hence why we are in this situation.

There are so many things that have occured between your original word and today.

-The different user accounts, and inability to decipher who was who at key times seemed sketch.
    -The original 2k offer...generous.
    -Decent amount of time given on my part to "give you space" to deal with your situation. Fair. NEVER called and asked for the reward.
    -Phone calls between car recovery through to the lunch date. No mention of inability to obtain funds.
    -Heading out for lunch for the apparent exchange where NOTHING was discussed until I swayed the conversation in the appropriate direction and asked what the reward was for someone finding the wheels. Something else you potentially would have to pay up on if someone were to recover your wheels, may I add.
    -one of you guys sending me texts when you found the wheels after the lunch date. Pretty excited, naturally.
    -one of you guys calling me to ask if I was willing to identify a line up with the CPS. I agreed. NEVER ANY mention about the reward. I never asked about it, in turn giving you the ability to MAN up and say something about what you told me was going to happen. NOTHING. I leave the ball in your court.
    -Here we are.

All in all, it took waaaay too much to get to this point where you are asking for my contact info. I do not recall Mid August as a quote, I recall "....money in August."

I don't condone any acts of violence, theft or "pay back" to any of the parties involved. The point of my rant and thread revival was for awareness and to get the attention of those with a word to supposedly stand by.

PM sent.
    Last edited by Kona9; 08-05-2008 at 09:52 PM.
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    fast and red.

So, rexsir? Even if we all accept that it was you all along, with the "I'm going to pay a reward", all the way to "my friend isn't going to pay the reward", there is really only one appropriate question...

Promissory note? Post-dated cheque? Any sort of firm commitment? I know you'd prefer to deal with this in PM, but you made this thing public to begin with, relied on a public forum, you publicly promised a reward, it seems appropriate to at least tell us what you plan to do... if you're not going to pay, okay. Then say that. If you're going to pay, then borrow the money or sign a promissory note or post-dated cheque, and Kona can let us all know later if the funds ever arrived.

Sound fair?

^ Good for you man

My Ride
    fast and red.

Yep, that's what I figured. Rexsir posts responses every 2 minutes until you ask him for a firm commitment to pay. Then nothing.

Good luck, Kona.

My Ride
    crx sir

Its none of anyones business in the first place, i posted this thread up to get my car back. And we discussed that some money would be rewarded in august.

it is now august and a reward is comming. Believe me i am very appreciative of anyone who called the cops and helped out . As for dealing with this publicly or not i really dont care, its just funny to hear the threats and such from you e-thugs.

None of your useless comments helped anything at all. kona9 was told august , and thats that . If he had acted like the rest of you fools i would have given him a fat finger, and been on my way, but he is a respectlful , decent guy and he does deserve a reward.

By the way the car is now sold. thanks for all the great comments guys it was fun to sit back and have a few laughs.

My Ride
    fast and red.

Its none of anyones business in the first place, i posted this thread up to get my car back. And we discussed that some money would be rewarded in august.

it is now august and a reward is comming. Believe me i am very appreciative of anyone who called the cops and helped out . As for dealing with this publicly or not i really dont care, its just funny to hear the threats and such from you e-thugs.

None of your useless comments helped anything at all. kona9 was told august , and thats that . If he had acted like the rest of you fools i would have given him a fat finger, and been on my way, but he is a respectlful , decent guy and he does deserve a reward.

By the way the car is now sold. thanks for all the great comments guys it was fun to sit back and have a few laughs.
    I suppose you must be referring to me as one of the e-thugs. I guess a direct question, politely posed, now qualifies as e-thuggery.

But let me get this straight... you're too broke to pay Kona9 the reward, you won't specifically commit to it, but... wait for it... you SOLD THE CAR?!??!!! Hey, I have an idea. Why not use the sale proceeds to pay the reward?

My Ride
    fast and red.

actually im the owner of the car and like i told kona when we went lunch is at the latest he would get the money by the middle of august ive tried selling some things to try and pay him faster and ive had no luck
    That was 2 hours ago. hahaha. Too funny.

"I've tried selling things but haven't had any luck, so I can't pay you. Oh, by the way, I sold the car."

There's a word for people like you. Rhymes with redbeet.

My Ride
    crx sir

Because the proceeds are going to the cost of flying my family out to burry my brother , one of the reasons the reward couldnt be issued until august.

My Ride
    crx sir

Kona we will be in touch
    Last edited by rexsir; 08-05-2008 at 10:25 PM.

My Ride
    fast and red.

Hey, if you lost your brother, that sucks, and I'm sorry for your loss.

But for future reference, if you make commitments, honor them. If you aren't going to honor them, at least say that. If you are going to honor them, then don't be afraid to make a firm commitment.

I don't know you or Kona9. But really, if you told him you couldn't pay him right now because you had some urgent family obligations, he doesn't sound like the kind of guy to make a fuss about it. And you've had ample opportunity to make a commitment, and explain that you're going through a difficult time. Instead, you've variously said the promised reward was too high, or that the cops, not Kona9, retrieved the car, or that you don't have any money because you've been unable to sell anything... how can anybody take you seriously if you can't even keep your story straight?

I wish you all the best during a difficult family time. And I hope you'll live up to your promises - you'll do yourself more harm than good by ignoring your conscience.

Good luck.

My Ride
    crx sir

Yes i appolize for not being clear, but iv been dealing with alot of shit . But i stated the reward would be in august , Before the passing of my brother. Now im forced to deal with this and have no two ways around it.I didnt want to seem like i was pulling the guilt card thats why i havent mentioned my loss. Im calling kona to discuss as we speak.

My Ride
    07 R6, 12 Ralliart

what a piece of shit.....i say perma ban for him!

My Ride
    VAG products

Jesus fuck, everyone is taking the interwebs so seriously. It is so pointless, chillax, go rub one out.

My Ride
    crx sir

Originally posted by trikypenguin
    what a piece of shit.....i say perma ban for him!
    Who are you talking about.

Did you already report this to the police officer? They will help you a lot.

My Ride
    Hondas

I'm going to stick around here to see if Kona gets his reward.

So far in this thread pulse_crx has been 3 seperate people, and everything has had this aura of skechiness. Not to mention the bullshit really hasn't stopped flying since about page 8.

Heres hoping what was promised gets delivered.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast