Quantcast
Well, might as well Introduce Myself - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, might as well Introduce Myself

My Ride
    /85' Corolla GTS AE86 - 20V /06' X-Runner

Default Well, might as well Introduce Myself

Hey Beyond,

My names Rayneel (or Ray) and i've been part of Beyond with this account since March. My old account name was "Drifting86".

Anyways, I might as well introduce my build thread, since I have documented it. I own a 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS. I'm the second owner - bought it off a friend who's Dad was the original owner.

Here's the build, from start to finish. I have three phases for my car. Phase 1 is complete, it's a yearly build. Every year something on the car changes.

Here we go, I hope you like it: Project Drifting86

*Copied from Dorikaze.net*

Finally, it's starting. After 8 months or agitating wait for school to finish, I can finally say that I can start my project car. My 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS Hatchback. Just some background information:

I bought the car on Sept 2nd, 2007 from the original owner. It came looking like this:

Not the nicest thing, but it didn't physically run either. The Clutch Master, and Clutch Slave Cylinder were the symptoms. Even as it sat - the second day I owned it - I tore into it cleaning the whole car out - that meant seats out, bucket of water and alot of vaccumming was done. Looked brilliant after - and it's a shame I didn't have photos. It's like a 3 phase project, Beginning, Middle and End, well more or less - seeing that the car will be constantly upgraded even after the major mods I plan.

While the car sat, undriveable - I had successfully hooked up a new deck I bought in Australia for it, and my subwoofer system since I'm into audio. Anyways, I did the common thing to lose the "inner wheel" look and threw on a set of Supra rims, seen below. This was all done within the first week of ownership:

One of the things a friend pointed out at school on the first day I drove it down was how TINY my exhaust was. I had already purchased an exhaust and when I got home - another buddy of mine, my brother and I prepped the car for it, and stuck it on straight piped. However, this didn't go well as the hook for it broke and the thing hung badly. That's where my Dad came in, grabbed my orig. pipe and had it welded on, but still for now it's a temporary fix. We're aiming once I get my new rear bumper - to have it sitting in more underneath the car. Here's the new exhaust:

Following that, I purchased this toy from another member for $5.00:

This car made me alot of money, with regards to parts. Now, it's destined for salvage, gone.
    After that parts car came along - the car got a tiny but of change, and I drove it like this for all year:

Now, as of 3 weeks - the interior has been stripped and this is the current progress of Project 5five:

Before:

After:
    I went to Part Source, and grabbed a few cans of Undercoat in black. Grinded the rust off (thank god, it was only surface) and went away at it, ending at this and it is now drying.

Also slapped a new door on, with a lesser rusted fender for the drivers side. The car's massively multi-colored now. Silver, light brown/with black two tone, Green and black:

Planning sometime this month, for the bodyshop to kick in for a factory fresh Toyota black paintjob. More to come!

*Entry One, End*

My Ride

*Entry Two*

Okay, update - I woke up at 9, got to my garage at 10 and started to go to work. The undercoating dried well - and spent most of the day reassembling the car.

My headliner - rewrapped by myself

This is how the car sits after two days of solid work. Multi colored - but it kinda looks cool... in a way. However, the project is slow as this is my daily driver and all the work is done on my 2 days off.

I love it. The trunk, has to be by far my favorite - because it looked so clean afterwards.

*Entry Two End*

My Ride

June 19th - 2008

Update!
    The car hasn't been driven in 4 weeks since I lost my license (don't ask) and now that I have it back, the car is being lowered by my mechanic so I should have new pictures of it in a few days. Since I had alot of interior parts out, here's the new interior stylings!

Before:

After:

I'm so happy that it came out like this. I saw gloss black, and didn't like it and flat black is more... nice IMO for an interior. The total cost to do this was $20.00, 3 cans of paint, and green painters tape. I love it.

The rears have been done like this as well, so now my interior is full black, minus the seats. After everything goes in permanently I'm going to add some simple yet sweet touches to it.

-Drifting86

My Ride

June 23 - 2008 - New Update!

Before:

After: (many after pictures )

The good side:

It's lowered at least 2". I love it, no body roll at all!
    Used Tokico HP shocks, and Eibach lowering springs.

This is after 4 weeks of not driving my car, and now to this. I took it out, and washed it and everything. Can't wait to drive it far.

Next up:
    Fix the exhaust to sit factory (maybe a resonator too)
    Interior Panels in
    Rims
    Spacers (If rear doesn't sit flush)
    Bodywork + Paint
    Window Tint

Thanks for looking!
    -Drifting86

My Ride

Okay, a goodie came two days ago - and it was revealed in a different thread. But here's goodie no. 1:

Number 2, is on the way!

-5fivespeed

My Ride

Update!
    Special thanks to Cam/Big Shooter for the hook ups.

Before:

After! YEAHH!

and what I got last xmas.
    yeee

My Ride

Just had a fun week/weekend.

Went out to Jackrabbitslim (Bry) and he took my car two weekends ago and worked on my rear pass + drivers side quarter panels, and rockers. He did a brilliant job, turned my car from rusted through to rust free and ready for paint.

[pictures coming soon]

Anyways,

Took off the OEM bumper, my stock fenders and decided to add on my new JDM Kouki front bumper, and new rust free fenders with a minimal flare. Special thanks to Piggity Paul for the fenders and Cannonball-R for the bumper, as well as Jeff Lange/Jason Yang for the bracket hookups.

Went into the garage like this:

Started working on bodywork (minor issues) ended day one like this:

Started day two, and from this:
    (I thought it looked like a transformer - attn: lights)

to finishing off, the body all sanded (parts that needed to be)

So now, the Corolla is out of my hands for a bit. Got the paint, and everything. I'll miss it for about a week and I'll update you guys when he's back!

-Ray

yo i go to school with you. you going back this semester?

My Ride

**UPDATE**

Alright, after TWO weeks of waiting, biting my nails and crazyness. Here's my end of "Phase 1" of my project:

It started out, like this after the bodywork that a friend and I had worked on:

Then, a day later - we picked up paint (Advanced Autobody and Color) and dropped of the car to Desperauto, to my painter Mark. He's divisioning the booth in the back of Deerfoot auto. Anyways, I left him with the car to return a few days later to find this:

Came back, a bit later again - and Mark suprised me at how quick he was working:

Now, just to wrap up the project: I present to you, DK=) my end of Project Drifting86: Phase 1.

Here's my Corolla. Just the way I wanted it to be.

My car. Just the way I've pictured it. I've went from stock Corolla, high ride hieght to the better option Supra rims and lowering it, and then to multi-colored, and now to this. The car is Black, with a Diamond Pearl.

Just having some fun, I think it suits the car now.

I ordered my set of these, about 7 months ago. I put them on the car today, to represent the forum I've been part of for four years now, and take pride in.

Here's a shot of one, of the many security features on the car:

Special Thanks:
    - Leslie Chow: His Dad, the orig. owner knew I wanted the Corolla so he held it for me, for TWO years!
    - Family, Friends: Thanks for the support.
    - Dan (Xuan): Sold me a parts car, for $5.00! Which most of the parts, went into my car. As well as having a valuable person to go to for information. He also provided me with my exhaust.
    - Big Shooter (Cam): Hooked me up, with my rims and tires. Brilliant person to deal with, especially when I had some issues with the payment transfer.
    - Elkrule (Dave): Gave me an awsome deal on lowering springs.
    - Speedtech Racing: Tociko Shocks
    - Country Tire: Mounted my rims on, in 10 minutes since I couldn't get the lugs off.
    - Boost (Paul): Provided me with rust free, already flared fenders which look awsome on the car!
    - Jeff Lange: He didn't really meet me properly - but him along with Jason Yang at Stampede Toyota took care of me for my Bumper brackets, and my Kouki lights.
    - Cannonball-R: For the Kouki Bumper.
    - Jackrabbitslim (Bry): HUGE thanks to Bry, as without his help and confidence in tackling my car's quarter, and rocker panels the car wouldn't really be here in this condition. Brilliant job, built me new quarters, rockers and welded them in. Thank you again Bry, you're one stand up guy.
    - Truenosan: For my Solex locks.
    - Karim @ Advanced Color: Hooked me up with a deal that even my Dad couldn't imagine on paint.
    - Mark @ Desperauto: My painter. Made me choke when I saw the car after the paint. I can't belive what a brilliant job he's done, as well as his assistant.

And lastly!
    Thank you Dori-Kaze, for all the perfect help on my car. I came here four years ago, not owning a Corolla at all. Every thread, post and message were all helpful to myself. You all are, Old School Enthusiasts and I take pride representing DK on my car.

So again, Here's the end on Phase one. I present to you, my baby:

Thanks
    Drifting86 (more updates to come! hehe.)

*Next on the list: Get exhaust welded. Winter tires. Paint Supra's black.

Most of the people listed above, are from our Toyota Forum. Sorry for the really long thread. Hope you guys at Beyond like it!

(PS: How do I get a Beyond Decal?)

Ray

My Ride
    Lease

wow good shit Ray, very nice photos

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

very nice!
    I see this almost everyday driving to my girlfriend's house, I think.
    I recognize the house and the church lot you took pics at.
    And your hanging exhaust is uncanny. hahaha
    very nice job though!

My Ride

Originally posted by Cooked Rice
    yo i go to school with you. you going back this semester?
    Yep. Who are you?

My Ride

Originally posted by riced
    very nice!
    I see this almost everyday driving to my girlfriend's house, I think.
    I recognize the house and the church lot you took pics at.
    And your hanging exhaust is uncanny. hahaha
    very nice job though!
    Yep, I've seen your Civic around. Very nice!

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

I know exactly what it takes to build up a rolla from 0 to hero..... car looks awesome.. well done man.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Originally posted by 5fivespeed

Yep. Who are you?
    My name is Ray as well. In avionics. Was in the same class as shashank, until he dropped out. May of seen my multi-colored 240 a couple times.

My Ride

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    I know exactly what it takes to build up a rolla from 0 to hero..... car looks awesome.. well done man.
    Haha, this is only Stage 1.
    Going to do interior for next summer, and engine after.

Mid phase - add a front lip, and a kouki rear bumper.

Very nice. It's good to see a hobby start from almost nothing and turning into beauty. Shows a lot of determination. The black interior you painted looks pro, how is the interior holding up now? Any problems?
    Mr. Peanut (Niel): George... I win

My Ride

Originally posted by signature7
    Very nice. It's good to see a hobby start from almost nothing and turning into beauty. Shows a lot of determination. The black interior you painted looks pro, how is the interior holding up now? Any problems?
    Lots to be honest, I'll have to redo it with SIL paint. This is non-chippable/contemporary coachworks reccommended from my Uncle who works there.

I used $5 can from Zellers.

It holds up, but it's chipping now.

My Ride

Does anyone know where/how I can get a beyond decal for the car?

My Ride
    CBR600RR

^ PM kenny
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast