Quantcast
&*(*%$ Potholes. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: &*(*%$ Potholes.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Default &*(*%$ Potholes.

So i was driving out in the country this weekend, my brother lives out near drumheller, so i was going to his house, cruzin down the road doing the speed limit, which i assume would be safe to do, it wouldn't be the speed limit if it weren't, and POW, i come up on this damned pothole spanning 1/4 of the road,

i did try to avoid it, but obviously did not do a very good job because shortly after i felt the car pulling to the right, so i pulled over, my tire was flat, no big deal, probably just popped the tire off the bead, so i put on my donut, inspected the wheel and saw this

I thought, no big deal, the rim is bent, it's on the inside so that's a bonus, nobody will see it and it should still reseat the bead on there... so I drive the rest of the way to my brother's place (3 minutes away), pull the wheel out of my trunk, hook the compressor on it, start filling ti with air, and it';s not filling, so i looked around the tire, it seemed fine, i put my hand near the dent in the wheel, thinking it may be leaking, nope, nothing, after about 4 minutes of searching, i stumbled upon THIS

A friggin CRACK in my wheel, 1/6th of the way around the wheel, i couldn't believe that it would crack like that...

So i'm getting a quote from CMS for the wheel, mounting and balancing, as well as a front wheel alignment, and will forward that off to the county in which this happened (I expect the bill to be ~$350), hoping they'll offset the cost as it is there responsibility to have the roads properly maintained....

Anybody with any other suggestions for who i could contact? or any idea if Alberta wheel repair could fix this, and the approximate cost?
    Last edited by Thaco; 06-16-2008 at 07:21 AM.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    Blue boy

Welcome to the club! I hit a pot hole in town the 2 mths ago and didnt get paid shit to fix my rims

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I would not even bother looking at getting the wheel repaired with that crack.

My Ride
    J35Z2

yeah i agree with heavyD... don't bother.. its going to be more headaches down the road man.
    but in the end its your choice.

as far as the county paying for the repair costs... good luck with that... same thing happened to me out there.. and they sent me a a formal letter that stated they were sorry for the unfortunate events and etc. etc..... jist of it.. they didn't give 2 shits...

but hey.. it doesn't hurt to try... who knows maybe you might have better luck with them.
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Sunny Leone

I would love to make her my Butter Chicken

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

That freekin sucks! I believe that no matter where you take your rim, it goes to Alberta Wheel Repair (Correct me if i'm wrong)

They do great work, but if you have that crack, i wouldn't bother. I would just buy another one.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

What kind of wheel is that?

Seems kind of weaksauce if it cracked on that pot hole.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

that blows...

I had 18s on 35 series tires last year... NEVER AGAIN...(at least on in this city)

I hit a section of unmarked construction recently where they were stripping the pavement then bam, bent 3 22s. I called the city and they just dicked me around.

I spoke with a couple of wheel repair guys and the consensus I have drawn is don't bother fixing it if it is cracked.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

If the bill is $350, why dont you just buy a new wheel? Depending on the rim, it shouldnt cost more than it would cost to repair the old one. If the tire is still usable, you'll be laughing. Its unfortunate that happened though.

unless thats what you were thinking to begin with...

My Ride
    Rage2

Originally posted by benyl
    What kind of wheel is that?

Seems kind of weaksauce if it cracked on that pot hole.
    It's a Tenzo-r GT-6, 17" I emailed Tenzo-r to see if they have any sort of "lifetime guarantee" or something like that, i know a few wheel manufacturers have something like that

Originally posted by jdmXSI
    If the bill is $350, why dont you just buy a new wheel? Depending on the rim, it shouldnt cost more than it would cost to repair the old one. If the tire is still usable, you'll be laughing. Its unfortunate that happened though.

unless thats what you were thinking to begin with...
    Yeh, I'm expecting $350, it's $220 for a new wheel, plus mounting&balancing and a front wheel alignment, plus taxes n stuff (and hoping the rear wheel is not bent) it will probably end up between $300-$350. I't just tough for me because i only paid $600 for the whole set of wheels and tires, so to spend another 1/2 that on one wheel it's a bit of a kick in the teeth, but looks like it's my only option.

^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

I cant believe you guys would have such low profile tires in this city...

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Originally posted by revelations
    I cant believe you guys would have such low profile tires in this city...
    I cant believe that the city has such shitty roads we cant have low profile tires! Like comon, what happened!??! We used to have wicked roads, but now it feels like washboard. I just bought a new car 2 weeks ago, now i need to park her becasue the shocks/struts have blown out, along with upper bushings and ball joint. Something is messed up if roads are falling apart like this.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    I like. :)

Just this spring I learned that not all puddles are friendly... some puddles hide HUGE potholes.

Driving behind some cars in stop-and-go-traffic I saw a nice late model car drive into a puddle and plunge & bounce violently as their passenger side wheel disappeared a quarter of the way into a giant pothole hidden in puddle --- weird thing is they kept going straight and did the same to their passenger rear wheel. Traffic was slow so I was able to sneak around it at 9 km/h.

So unless you know the road well, look out for puddles too.

i just replaced a wrecked TenzoR RS-5... CMS hooked me up with a new rim and the install (mount and bal with my old tire)... in total (including tax) it wasnt any more than 250. the biggest pain was waiting for the rim to ship in.

i filed a claim with the city but they basically told me to screw myself and that if i wanted anything id need to take them to court.

my rims are 17 inch with a 40 profile... and this is the second time this has happened in a year and a half... luckily the first time all that needed replacing was a tire so the bill wasnt too bad.

next time i buy a set of rims... im just going to buy a 5th and keep it in my garage.
    Last edited by Destinova403; 06-16-2008 at 12:30 PM.

My Ride
    A Hobo

i'm also near my limit with this city's poor roads . i know you were in the country, and to their defense, that road is most likely less travelled and therefore less inspected .

however, every single road in this city has at least a pot hole or a lipped patch . i can't imagine owning a ferrari or something really expensive here .

my stock wheels are 17x45 and that's what i'm running . i've bent my stock wheels twice . and now i have highway wobble on my aftermarket ones .

i wish the city provided a taxable repair expense for ppl with cars, just like the province does for ppl with trucks .

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

^^^ That, or fix the damn roads already. With all the slow traffic caused by construction, you would think to see some results.

I understand there are some big projects going on right now, but damn! They are going to need to do more projects to fix the roads they have neglected for the past few years.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    2006 Cadillac CTS-V, 97 328IS, 97 M3 2010 135i,

I don't think any of you have been to Saskatchewan lately.
    You will be thankful for the roads here. Think of potholes as kind of a small autocross, steer around them. If you don't see them because of the car in front, then you are following too close. Here in the great frozen North, we will always have potholes because of the freeze/thaw cycle.

Road crews are a lot slower at fixing stuff than they used to be. A lot of roads get ripped up for weeks and nobody shows up to fix them.

I'm starting to rethink having nice wheels and tires in this city now. I'm currently on 225/35's and I've been lucky so far (knock on wood).

My Ride
    Rage2

i know in the city you can call 311 to report pot holes and if they get x amount of complaints they have to take action, but out in the country it's not the same... what gets me is that this was a somewhat major road, speed limit was 100km/h and it wasn't just one hole, they were everywhere, i dodged them for a while before hitting this one, it was hidden pretty good, then down the road more there were probably 3-4 more holes the same size if not larger, and a ton of smaller ones too.

^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Most rural districts avoid roadwork for some reason. Most issues come down to "nobody knows who is in charge". Happens at the parents house. Wheatland puts down dust control, then rockyveiw grates the road making the dust control usless. Then in winter nobody wants to plow.

Either way, hurts out tires.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast