Quantcast
bike under a neon, corvette close by on 52nd & 16th ave overpass - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: bike under a neon, corvette close by on 52nd & 16th ave overpass

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Default bike under a neon, corvette close by on 52nd & 16th ave overpass

lots of people pulled onto the side of the road, it looked like at least 5 vehicles involved, and there was a dodge neon resting on top of a motor bike. anyone know what happened? can't find anything on city beat.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Default Re: bike under a neon, corvette close by on 52nd & 16th ave overpass

Originally posted by finboy
    anyone know what happened? can't find anything on city beat.
    There was an accident.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Default Re: Re: bike under a neon, corvette close by on 52nd & 16th ave overpass

Originally posted by BlackArcher101

There was an accident.
    i gathered as much, i was more wondering about injuries, etc.

I just drove by there. Its clear, so Im assuming no one died.
    News just started, maybe you can catch it?

My Ride
    is Invisible

I saw the whole thing unfold right infront of me as i was standing 200 feet away from the impact.

A guy on a bike was speeding fairly quickly. The bike looked custom on the outside and definitely seemed modified by the sound that it was making. At the time that he flew by my work i paid attention to him very closely.

10 min prior to seeing the bike zoom by, i noticed some back up starting to form right before the bridge going northbound. I saw a White 4 door sedan in the right lane with its hood up. I assumed that the guys car was broken down and that the owners had left to go look for some help. No hazards were turned on. So as ppl kept moving to the left lane to pass the guy, at times it got really backed up and at times it seemed like nothing was wrong.

Back to the bike, as he ripped it up towards the top of the hill(like everyone else does) he had a guy right infront of him and a guy pretty much right beside him. He was doing 100km/h at the time that i heard him and he starts going even faster and cuts the guy off in the lane next to him(biker was travelling in the left lane and cut off guy in the right) This part happened about 20 feet away from me and it looked like the bike barly squeezed through. At the time he is about 150ft from the stopped car, there is no1 else infront of him. He starts gunning it even harder and is at around 140km/h. I notice that he is not moving to the left lane which is free. He is still heading straight for the stopped car, so im waiting for him to switch lanes. The next thing i notice is his brake light goes on. He slams on his brakes hard. He is 15ft from the back of the white car and going approx 140km/h. All of a sudden he starts loosing control and the bike starts to wobble side to side, as seen in other bike videos all over the net.

The bike starts sliding, i did not notice if he jumped off or if he slide right with the bike. But the bike went straight under the car, raised the car about 15-20ft in the air vertically. People got out fo the white car, not knowing hwat just hit them. My customer called 911 immediately. People rushed to his aid. 2 Fire-trucks, 3 cop cars and a ambulance all showed up.

I didnt think id ever witness something like that in my life but i sure did yesterday. I didnt go check out what happened as i had things to do right after work. Im sure the guy lived as the emergency vehicles left fairly quickly. Everyone was redirected to 16ave East. 68st, 52st 16ave were all packed for a bit.

My Ride

hopefully you gave a statement to the police so this fucktard doesnt get a chance to do this again

My Ride
    A Whineeer

Originally posted by adidas
    I saw the whole thing unfold right infront of me as i was standing 200 feet away from the impact.

A guy on a bike was speeding fairly quickly. The bike looked custom on the outside and definitely seemed modified by the sound that it was making. At the time that he flew by my work i paid attention to him very closely.

10 min prior to seeing the bike zoom by, i noticed some back up starting to form right before the bridge going northbound. I saw a White 4 door sedan in the right lane with its hood up. I assumed that the guys car was broken down and that the owners had left to go look for some help. No hazards were turned on. So as ppl kept moving to the left lane to pass the guy, at times it got really backed up and at times it seemed like nothing was wrong.

Back to the bike, as he ripped it up towards the top of the hill(like everyone else does) he had a guy right infront of him and a guy pretty much right beside him. He was doing 100km/h at the time that i heard him and he starts going even faster and cuts the guy off in the lane next to him(biker was travelling in the left lane and cut off guy in the right) This part happened about 20 feet away from me and it looked like the bike barly squeezed through. At the time he is about 150ft from the stopped car, there is no1 else infront of him. He starts gunning it even harder and is at around 140km/h. I notice that he is not moving to the left lane which is free. He is still heading straight for the stopped car, so im waiting for him to switch lanes. The next thing i notice is his brake light goes on. He slams on his brakes hard. He is 15ft from the back of the white car and going approx 140km/h. All of a sudden he starts loosing control and the bike starts to wobble side to side, as seen in other bike videos all over the net.

The bike starts sliding, i did not notice if he jumped off or if he slide right with the bike. But the bike went straight under the car, raised the car about 15-20ft in the air vertically. People got out fo the white car, not knowing hwat just hit them. My customer called 911 immediately. People rushed to his aid. 2 Fire-trucks, 3 cop cars and a ambulance all showed up.

I didnt think id ever witness something like that in my life but i sure did yesterday. I didnt go check out what happened as i had things to do right after work. Im sure the guy lived as the emergency vehicles left fairly quickly. Everyone was redirected to 16ave East. 68st, 52st 16ave were all packed for a bit.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Yah I drove by, People were turning onto 16th Ave, doing a U-turn and going back up to 52nd

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

thanks for the update

My Ride
    GTI

But the bike went straight under the car, raised the car about 15-20ft in the air vertically..
    Really? That high?

My Ride
    toyota MR2

Originally posted by Hakkola

Really? That high?
    Haha thats what i thought too??
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    94 5.0 2004 FX4

Really? That high?

Well I suppose if it's one of those late 90's neons they're pretty tiny, plus the bike didn't lose much velocity braking 20 ft infront, it slides out on it's side, gets under the axle..... I guess it's possible?

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

the bike was sitting under the area around the front doors iirc

My Ride
    Busa

Really? That high?
    If you work out the physics, it's technically possible. For some reason I still have trouble believing it though. Maybe he meant inches?

Anyway, some math:

Weight of bike: Assume 380 lbs, weight of rider, assume 180 lbs. Total 560lbs or 254.01 kg.

Speed: Assume 140 km/h or 38.89 m/s.

Ek = 1/2 (254.01) (38.89)^2 = 192086.44 J

Height of car in air: Assume 20 feet, or 6.1 meters.
    Curb weight of dodge neon: 2581 lbs or 1170.72 kg + 2 passengers at 180 lbs = 2941 lbs total or 1334.02 kg.

Assume Ep when H=6.1m is the same as Ek when H=0m.

Ep = (1334.02) (9.81) (6.1) = 79829.09 J

So it'd only require less than half of the energy of the bike to lift that car 20 feet in the air.
    Last edited by UndrgroundRider; 06-22-2008 at 08:46 PM.

My Ride
    public transit

I saw the bike looks like it's a Busa.

Wouldn't surprise me if the bike went up in the air a few feet. 15 to 20 aint happening. But I'm sure it went up into the air!

I'd say if he was really going that fast, the guy's in pieces.

But the bike went straight under the car, raised the car about 15-20ft in the air vertically.
    haha..umm no,

Originally posted by UndrgroundRider

So it'd only require less than half of the energy of the bike to lift that car 20 feet in the air.
    If the force vector was applied vertically in the same direction of final movement. Factor in vector angles and the required energy will jump dramatically. I also wouldn't assume the weight of the rider would be included since he lived and didn't take part in raising the vehicle.

Lets all remember fast and furious 1, remember when johnny tran shot the car up and the NOS! blew.. ha.. How high did that car go? 5-8ft tops? you're telling me it went 2-4 times that high.. haha

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Not to challenge what was seen.. maybe it was just the back of the car going what looked like 15 ft up? (Car basically standing on its front bumper?) Which should be possible.. seeing how long the car is and how far the bike got under the car...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast