Quantcast
How Intense are your workouts? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: How Intense are your workouts?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Balls to the Wall

21 31.82%
  • Good

24 36.36%
  • Average

15 22.73%
  • Cardio counts as lifting right? Right?!

6 9.09%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How Intense are your workouts?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Default How Intense are your workouts?

Poll.

This is truly something I've wondered. When I first started training, I 'thought' I was intense.

Now It's a whole new level! It's not because of some supplement either. My MIND got into the game.

Before If I did a set of 10 and was breathing heavy I thought it was intense.

2 weeks ago I timed my self on one of my 20rep Leg press sets and it took me 67seconds to do one set!

I got up and as usual lost more than half my hearing and huge ringing sounds came.

Some people puke, some lose hearing. After I regained my composure I felt like destroying somebody. THAT is how you get your natural testosterone going!

Balls to the Wall 9-9.5/10
    Last edited by Darkane; 07-12-2008 at 09:07 PM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

i duno how "intense" my workout schedule compared to others but here's my sched:

mon: chest & triceps
    tues: muay thai
    wed: shoulders & biceps
    thurs: rest
    fri: muay thai
    sat: back & legs, muay thai
    sun: rest
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride

Originally posted by nj2Type-S
    i duno how "intense" my workout schedule compared to others but here's my sched:

mon: chest & triceps
    tues: muay thai
    wed: shoulders & biceps
    thurs: rest
    fri: muay thai
    sat: back & legs, muay thai
    sun: rest
    See that's the thing! It's not the schedule, it's the time DURING the workout.

You could go to the gym x7/wk, and people think you're hardcore. But working out x3/wk and feeling beat, you know the intensity level is up.

The question I'm asking is, Do you guys feel like you've given it everything you got? I leave everything in the gym. Just like Sports. When I played ball, fourth quarter was all or nothing. Play so hard you cannot walk off the field. Take that attitude to the gym. Gains will ultimately follow.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

^ agreed, that's why I love pukie and crossfit
    Autosignature

My Ride
    TL

As I have started approaching 5 wheels on my deadlift I have started to see stars, a bloody nose, snot flying out of my nose, etc. But that is when I work up to a big single.

Recently, my 8-10 repper of deadlifts is killing me since I am dead stopping the weight again. The last couple of reps it takes everything in me to lock out that weight.

But to be honest its the big compound lifts that take the most out of me. Either way, when I leave and my CNS is firing I know that I worked my ass off. It doesn't mean that I have to not be able to walk out of the gym. My motivation comes from progressing, me vs my logbook.

My Ride
    NC1

Been doing a lot of reading recently and I'm going to give the high intensity training a shot. It's all about pushing yourself and constantly trying to reach a 'new peak' in order to make yourself stronger? So balls to the walls right. BTW, I'm following the suggestions in the book "Body for Life"
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by Darkane

See that's the thing! It's not the schedule, it's the time DURING the workout.

You could go to the gym x7/wk, and people think you're hardcore. But working out x3/wk and feeling beat, you know the intensity level is up.

The question I'm asking is, Do you guys feel like you've given it everything you got? I leave everything in the gym. Just like Sports. When I played ball, fourth quarter was all or nothing. Play so hard you cannot walk off the field. Take that attitude to the gym. Gains will ultimately follow.
    ahhh....i try to go all out in the gym but it's kinda hard to push myself without a spotter, lol....i get scared that i'd hurt myself or something.

My Ride
    bmw m3

I do more posing then lifting ahahah.
    I usually go about 45 minutes of moderate intensity get the sweat going but not going to puke or pass out.
    Last edited by civic_rida; 07-13-2008 at 09:10 AM.

My Ride
    WK2

ahhh....i try to go all out in the gym but it's kinda hard to push myself without a spotter, lol....i get scared that i'd hurt myself or something.
    You just have to battle. I find I can get at least 2 - 3 more out of a rep if I don't have a spotter. It's something about not wanting the weights to crush me...

My Ride

You're right. Guess what? Don't do bench alone.

Instead do dumbbells, dips or other chest stuff.

Honestly though, Only after deads, Rack pulls, squats, or high rep leg presses do I loose hearing. All those don't require spotters.

You recruit a lot more motor units using more muscles. that's why doing compound lifts like the the ones above will sometimes have you "Seeing stars"

Also on a side note, the way my current routine is set up I'm not to go to failure. Infact, I stay around 1 rep short of failure. The thing is when I'm doing a heavy squat set of 6 for example, If I think I might be able to hit 7 I will and the fact that I'm not supposed to fail, I will just drive the weight up with everything I got. Kind of like the fear of being crushed lol

Oz,

Maybe it's just me, or the way my routine is set up, but after a leg day walking down the stairs of my gym is a damn chore! haha

-H.P. Lovecraft

I try to keep my intensity so high that after 3 sets of 3 at 70% squats my core is so exhausted that I have trouble walking back to my car. Same goes for cleans.

My Ride
    TL

Darkane,

I think it might also be because I am dragging the sled twice a week and do LISS 3-4 times a week. I have also put some ankle straps on order to drag it from my ankles instead of holding it at belt height, this will have carry over to my pulls and squats.

Only days that I can't walk out of the gym are when I have a 10 x 3 at 70/75/80% free/box squat. But that just means I stretch for an extra 15 minutes after.

BTW I was on a 4 day Westside routine, with a day each for max effort squats and bench, followed by a day each of speed work for squat and bench.

My Ride
    TL

If you go to a gym that is decent then you likely have a power rack to use the pins, don't be scared of it. Use it for bench, squats, pretty much everything except for bicep curls.

My Ride
    E90 335i

Originally posted by civic_rida
    I do more posing then lifting ahahah.
    I usually go about 45 minutes of moderate intensity get the sweat going but not going to puke or pass out.
    pussy.

My Ride
    bmw m3

Its not like im tryin to be a pro bodybuilder.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Fucking intense. I mow lawns for 10 hours a day.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    UA6

One hour workouts of 15-20 sets of 6-8 reps pretty much forces you to have an intense workouts

I've been seeing relatively good gains lately and high intensity is one of the things I've attributed that to

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Whats the point of going to the gym if you don't go balls to the walls?

Does bursting blood vessels in your noise because you are squatting so heavy and deep count as balls to the walls?

My Ride
    MKVII GTI, LibTech HotKnife&TRice

I've thrown up from working out before. Doing wrestling drills and the "MMA" circuit we do sometimes. It gases you hardcore with how much you have to push your cardio.

I've also been at the point of puking from my weight training. Superset heavy with light weights and minimal rest between.

But it could be because I'm a deadbeat like KRyn said before...
    Guess who's back... tell some men.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

This could be true to Kerry, but more likely the cause of your puking was being in the immediate vicinity of deadbeats. I hear they smell pretty haggard.

I also have puked after training legs.

P.S Your pretty.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast