Quantcast
Harry Rosen made-to-measure suit - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Rosen made-to-measure suit

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Originally posted by Kavy

wow taking lessons from 89coupe?
    Haha no I mean that I can't afford to have a closet full of suits...

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Ahhhhhh I misread
    reading > me

E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

I edited my post for clarity anyways...

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Default Re: Harry Rosen made-to-measure suit

Originally posted by holden
    Does anyone what the rough price range is for a Harry Rosen made-to-measure suit is? Also, any idea how long it takes to make one, from first measurement to final suit.
    about 4- 8 weeks

it all depends on material. they start at $1000, and would go to about $5k

The ones coming from italy would take about 8-10 weeks

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

A $500 fitted suit will be way better than a $1000 off the rack one. If it's your one and only suit.. spend a little more, but if it's something you'll regularly wear, or will have 4-5 suits, check your budget. Your wardrobe of suits usually takes time to accumulate. Ties on the other hand....

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

It's not really worth it imo. For comparable material to a good name brand "off the rack" suit like a zegna, you will be spending at least 50-100% more at Harry. You can always take the suit and get it tailor fitted anyways.

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

Any place in town that can do rush orders? 3 weeks?

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride
    08 Civc LX, 03 Durango, 11 Duramax

you should go drive around some wal mart parking lots and see if the fake italian guy in a rental car has any armani's left...

i bought a Hugo Boss one at Harry Rosen for just over 1000 all said and done and they altered it so that it fit me perfectly... im really happy with it. and the sales guys were really helpful.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    I'm not a suit wearing guy, so how does it work? I for example wouldn't wear the same pants to work 2x in a week, so do you need a new suit every day of the week, if not 2 weeks.. And even then since its a complete suit, don't people notice you wear the same thing all the time? Change your shirt colour I guess in some cases, but.. yeah....
    Depends on how often you need to wear a suit, as well. Typically, I think you want 3 in the basic colours; black, navy blue, grey. From there, changing up shirts and ties makes a big difference. A lot of people have told me that when I go away on a trip, I can bring one suit for every 3 or 4 dress shirts and 2 ties, and I should be covered for just about any occasion.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    03' Vitara\VW GTI

I had 3 made to measure\tailored suits made in Hong Kong @ the Punjab house with four shirts for around $1200 CAD

Prices vary based on material & lining you choose
    Alot of material is manufactored in that part of the world... just cause the raw material comes from some exotic country, most of the weaving is made in an asian 3rd world market

But anyways, even at that... the Punjab house is well known taylor hosue used by alot of "suits" in the South Eastern finance industry

My Ride
    BMW E86 M Coupe

When I went to HR in March to get a suit for my interview, they had a deal for Coppely suits that are made in Canada starting at $500. That was a deal though, so they are probably more, so think upwards of $800 for a Made-to-Measure suit for Coppelly's.

MTM suit's do fit spectacular, however imo they cannot be substitutes for off the rack high end italian fits like Z Zegna, Armani or Hugo Boss even. It is not simply just the name you are paying for. These designers have certain cuts that fit a person a particular way, so a balance of MTM and off the rack would probably be ideal.

Going to Thailand just to buy suits is not the way to go.

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    I'm not a suit wearing guy, so how does it work? I for example wouldn't wear the same pants to work 2x in a week, so do you need a new suit every day of the week, if not 2 weeks.. And even then since its a complete suit, don't people notice you wear the same thing all the time? Change your shirt colour I guess in some cases, but.. yeah....
    You don't need to wear a different one for every day of the week. Like someone had said, 2-3 different suits will be more than enough for every day wear. The most important thing is to change the shirt/tie combo. If you're wearing a suit to work everyday, people don't really care/notice that you wore the same suit twice in a week. If you're a , then the rule is that you need a new one every day. With popped collars, hat, and possibly a cane.

My Ride
    1.5JZ Supra

I have 5 suits, 3 of which are black. I wear the black ones probably 99% of the time.

I have probably 10 or 15 different color shirts, and about 30 different ties.

Despite the suit being the same, with different shirts and ties, you can create a lot of completely different looks.

Last edited by Your Mom on 02-30-2010 at 12:30 AM

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by pinoyhero
    Wait for Maxwell to get into town and hit him up. I think he's like 300ish for a tailored suit and does shirts etc. Only downside is that you have to wait for a bit for them to get done and delievered.
    What's the quality of Maxwell?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    E90 335i

I go to Umberto's for my made to measure suits. They're on 6th ave and 3rd street. You can pretty much pick whatever fabric you'd like, inlcuding Zegna, and go from there. I typically get mine in Super 120 wool and all for around $1G. As people have said, you cannot beat the look and feel of a made suit.
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

does anybody have the info for the people that come in from hong kong or something and set up shop in a hotel?

i remember reading a thread on beyond and supposedly they are really good quality?

I've only bought 2 things from HR, a Burberry golf shirt that ripped at the seem after a month ( i love that shirt too!) and a belt... that is worth more than the jeans and shirts i wear most of the time lol.

GG Bluenotes jeans and random nostalgic t-shirts (wearing a transformers one right now that cost me $15 at the comicon lol)
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride

Hey Beyond!

I have to go overseas for meetings at the end of next week, and it's come to my attention that international dealings are alot more formal. Sounds like i won't be able to get a good suit in time, like a nice made to measure one, but what would people recommend for a good suit, that will travel well, and handle freakishly hot climate? Something grey to charcoal.

Originally posted by Crymson
    Hey Beyond!

I have to go overseas for meetings at the end of next week, and it's come to my attention that international dealings are alot more formal. Sounds like i won't be able to get a good suit in time, like a nice made to measure one, but what would people recommend for a good suit, that will travel well, and handle freakishly hot climate? Something grey to charcoal.
    My favorite suit is my solid navy Hugo. I wore it to a friends wedding in Ohio mid summer and the suit looked like new at the end of the day regardless of the extreme heat/humidity. No matter what i have done to the suit, with a good hang and sometimes a bathroom steam the suit comes out looking like it did when i bought it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast