Quantcast
Wakeboard Wakeskate Thread...Find pulls...Gear/Trick Talk etc... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 38 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Wakeboard Wakeskate Thread...Find pulls...Gear/Trick Talk etc...

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

Default Wakeboard Wakeskate Thread...Find pulls...Gear/Trick Talk etc...

After a quick search no wakeboard thread came up, let it begin....

Well I just bought a new ONeil board/bindings and look forward to 3 days of str8 wakeboarding. I've watched enough of the Transgression DVD from this year(Great buy!), look forward to see what I can throw down in 2008.

I am going out tomorrow(Sunday July 6th) with Jeremy Mathews(Ex Team Canada coach) and believe we have seats left in his boat so if you'd like to join PM me. If you are a first timer this may be a good time to go out and get some professional coaching or if you're having a hard time stomping a flip Jeremy can help. There obviously will be a small charge for gas but depends how many folks show up. PM me or post up

My Ride
    Is a GSR EGG

Great idea! haha i still havnt been out this year yet, i cant wait to get on the water!

my set up is a liquid force substance with hyperlite evo bindings.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

im going out to the lake for 18 days in August and i hope my back will be good enough to wakeboard this year, i havent been on a wakeboard for close to 2 years because if it

i also want to buy a new wakeskate this year, mine is getting pretty old, it is a liquid force concave foam top. they have changed a bit since then haha

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

Attached a pic of my setup, nothing super fancy but I've already bought a new snowboard and Lib snowskate this year so had to keep the budget inline. Haven't had the chance to wakeboard since 2001 so I'm curious how it's going to go.... should have my own boat in a few weeks so I'm stoked to really learn this sport!

So what is the best brand of board for wakeboarding lately? Also curious how many times you suggest someone wakeboards before they try out the wakeskate?

ercchry- Good luck with your back, I just broke my collar bone 3 months ago so I'm hoping it holds up for the next 3 days.

My Ride
    Is a GSR EGG

What lake do you go to ercchry??
    i go to pine and mara, LOVE mara its so good.
    and i wouldnt really say there is a best brand, all the top names will give you solid equipment. and fuck it just go wakeskating with no experience haha!!

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

The consequences of enjoying a 4:20 session half an hour early.... forgot about the pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I ride a Double Up Costco special. I ripped the factory bindings so I replaced them with pair of CWB Mobe’s. My board is by all means a “no name” but of the 15-20 different boards I’ve rode, it has by far the best pop. I’ve also got a Liquid Force Omega, and some type Hyperlite girls board in the shed, the LF and the HL are a lot more forgiving on the surface but don’t seem to have the pop or the cut the DU does. If you’re looking for a new board I highly recommend a DU, if you can find one.

On another note, Wakesurfing is fast becoming my sport of choice. If you get a chance, try it for a day or two.

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

Wakesurfing?- Is that along the shore line on those wooden boards? Where can you session a day of wakesurfing around Calgary?

lumss- If anyone brings a wakeskate I may give it a try....

My Ride
    Treg/B7

Where will you guys be tomoro?
    We just bought a supra 21v and we will be at little bow tomoro. I would love to get some tips from more experienced riders !

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

lumss- i ride out in ontario for the most part, the lake is in the muskoka but out here my girlfriend has a place at pigeon lake and i have a buddy on buffalo lake too.

out in ontario i normally ride behind a air nautique and some times a x-9 or x-star
    we have a bunch of sliders set up too and the lake has a lot of smaller bays so it keeps the water pretty calm.

and for wakeskating, learn how to get up on a wakeboard then you are ready.

and i didnt read if anyone cleared up wakesurfing but you basically need a inboard boat and then you load up a corner with people and ballast and drive slow in a bit of a really wide circle and you surf a way. BUT you NEED an inboard boat so if you fall you dont get chewed up by the prop

25 more days till im at the lake! we are planning a slider jam session for that weekend and collecting all the sliders from around the lake and hitting them all together

if anyone is out in the area they should come camp up at the lake for that weekend, its free but you need a boat to get to it. but its a crazy weekend up there. night beach party FTW!

My Ride
    TRD Pro

I used to ride a ton.. (placed 7th in Mens I Nationals quite a few years back in Calgary) but have really toned down since getting a real job. (Used to teach Wakeboarding in Windermere) But always good to here others getting in on the action! Jeremy is a great coach, and I've had the opportunity of riding with him a fair share..

Im on two year old LF Watson 140 and Watson open toe bindings.. decent board as it was my first non-hyperlite in many many years...

Oh, and Wakesurfing is behind the boat.... you load up one side, drive bout 10mph and with the proper board you can surf the wave w/o a rope.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

grew up wakeboarding in the okanagan, haven't been much since I moved to Calgary.

rock an o'brien player 143 / Xenon bindings, which I really like.

can clear the wakes easily, surface tricks, butterslides, some hot dogging, haven't been able to land any inverts yet but would like to change that by the end of the summer.

willing to chip for gas on ghost / chestermere any time!
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

i ride every weekend on koocanusa lake outside fernie, awesome lake almost always smooth. this year im riding a ronix one setup, i wasn't sure about it at first but im pretty satisfied with it now.

I was just down in koocanusa on the july long weekend and the water has gone down a lot. We got there at night and when we woke up i couldnt believe how low the water was. The lake itself was pretty smooth but there was lots of debris out there, way more than usual.
    Whats the riding like in ghost?
    Originally posted by 89coupe

LOL, $95 for two sounds pretty damn cheap to me. Is this not including any drinks or something?

Are you guys all students on a budget or something?

My lunch tab is that much for two people.

i was at ghost a couple weekends ago, it was still a little chilly but fine once you got in. there was also some douche doing power laps around the cover just north of the bridge when there was a buch of boats surfing and wakeboarding, i might end up at ghost on sunday for a session

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

On Sunday there were quite a few boats out at Ghost so it was choppy, but still calmer then your average day at Shuswap lake. Yesterday we literally had the lake to ourselves, water was still cold but after buying a $32 wetsuit at Costco you get use to it after 30 seconds

We followed a wakesurfing boat for a few minutes, looks like a blast but it's boring to watch. I tried wakeskating and really enjoyed it since it's similar to snowskating(Strapless) which I do during the winter. I ended up spending a few more $$$ on that ProModel wakeskate pictured.

Mobious is doing an event tonight at Chestermere, I'm not sure if it's sold out, but if you want to see some Pros and get a few pulls in call them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

ahh i cant wait for the lake! always warm and calm water out there

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

some old pics

andrew atkinson came up for the day, cant remember if it was before or after wakestock

the old ass slider that i made from scraps haha they are much better now

this thing use to just kill your hands

me 4 years ago ... and i still have the same deck

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

i havent even rode ths year and im on a boat pretty much every day.

i ride with my freind lee who just got sponsored by mobius this year, hes sick as fuck! i'm straight garbage though.. im a little bit big for wakeboarding hahaha, i'm going to start riding a ton this year though.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

yeah i have some buddies that i use to ride with and we all started wakeskating at the same time (maybe in 2002?) and those guy rode all day every day all summer long, spent winters in Florida riding and i only see them at a few comps that i no longer compete in but they still do and i was flipping threw sbc wakeboarding and one guy has an article and the other is in a rip curl add, a full page one... haha i feel like such a shitty rider compared to them now and i use to be better! haha, just shows, the more practice you get the better rider you will become

Page 1 of 38 1 2 11 ... LastLast