Quantcast
To the users of the mckenzie towne traffic circle - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: To the users of the mckenzie towne traffic circle

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

Default to the users of mckenzie towne traffic circle

it seems like every time i go into this traffic circle theres some dip shit who doesn't know how to use it but thinks he does, and honks at the few who are driving though it correctly, so for all you dumb fucks read this before making your way
    though again, i hope one of these idiots hits me so i can rip em out!!!

http://www.calgaryarea.com/se/mckenz...le/traffic.htm
    Last edited by civicrider; 07-08-2008 at 12:32 PM.

My Ride
    huffy

was it really necessary to put the the?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Was it really necessary to put the boya?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

i was in a rush, fixed

My Ride
    ////M

Originally posted by teg_boya
    was it really necessary to put the the?
    Speech impediment
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yo bro, are you from that goat Calgary car forum that get salty over lawn care, land rovers and circumcisions? That's straight fire.

My Ride
    huffy

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Was it really necessary to put the boya?
    87s

As far as I know, when I did my drivers test a few years ago, at the traffic circle, you only stay in the right lane if you're taking the first exit... otherwise.. stay on the left lane. A sign was posted to this effect a few years back at the traffic circle... don't know why they took it off.

SOOOO Many people fuck it up and I've seen a lot of close calls. For some reason.. more than half of the people doing it wrong seem to be in big pickups with no care in the world for other drivers on the road.

I live in McKenzie lake btw...so I'm at the circle a lot... SMARTEN UP PEOPLE!

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Call the CPS traffic guys and ask them to sit there.... that way they can fill their 20 ticket/day quota in about 1/2 hour !

Originally posted by revelations
    Call the CPS traffic guys and ask them to sit there.... that way they can fill their 20 ticket/day quota in about 1/2 hour !

My Ride
    Subaru GR

lol....I was wondering when this thread would appear. Everytime I go to church someone always messes it up.....lucky I'm going to church
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

the one time id love the cops is if they say there and actually tagged people misusing the circle, but i think i have seen cops going around on the outside as well.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

That MacTown traffic circle is so full of FAIL that city/community planners have gone ahead and started adding them to every damn community.

Sweet

My Ride
    Beautifully restored '84 318i

After using traffic circles in Africa (notably in ex-brit colonies like Kenya) I've come to appreciate just how placid traffic circles are here.
    Gorgeously restored 1984 BMW 318i (E30 body type).
    - E30 body & M10 Engine
    - 17 x 7 Falcon Racing Wheels
    - 205/40/17 Yokohama A520 rubber
    - Completely redone highquality gloss black paint.
    - Looks better than the day it rolled out of the show room.

My Ride
    is an Experience.

I dunno how people screw up on them, there soo simple, and the one in MT is the most basic you can get plus its never busy, I wish there was more of them cos I think there great, but it would just cause more problems, about every 3rd time I go round it there is someone coming in thats not doing it right and you can predict what there gonna do wrong, if you didn't predict it I'd have been in about 30+ accidents by now including City buses.

4way FTL
    Roundabout FTW

Originally posted by avishal26
    As far as I know, when I did my drivers test a few years ago, at the traffic circle, you only stay in the right lane if you're taking the first exit... otherwise.. stay on the left lane. A sign was posted to this effect a few years back at the traffic circle... don't know why they took it off.

SOOOO Many people fuck it up and I've seen a lot of close calls. For some reason.. more than half of the people doing it wrong seem to be in big pickups with no care in the world for other drivers on the road.

Well, here's the problem. I live in McKenzie Towne so I am at the circle every single day, sometimes several times a day. As you describe above, in the first paragraph, is ideally how it should be used. And it is a great guideline for the dumbfucks who use the circle.

BUT...

The reality is that you can use the right lane, and drive all the way around passing several exits until the one you want - and some [stupid fucking] people do this - the problem is that these [stupid fucking] people doing this seem to lack the understanding that since they are being dumbfucks, they must YIELD to all traffic on the inside lane that wishes to exit - and they don't.

Occasionally during heavy traffic periods, entering the circle in the left lane backs way the fuck up. I will very often then go into the circle entering in the right lane (often without having to even stop!). I like to do this, because then I get to show the MORON at the front they are holding up all the traffic because they are too god damn timid to enter the cirlce and that they are stupid - and that other people can easily get into the circle using the same space, and thusly proving they are in fact stuipd. <smile> BUT, what I really like to do, is then use the RIGHT lane to go past the first exit and exit at the second exit - quite often the dumbfucks who are waiting to enter the circle at the exit I pass honk their horns. These people are known to me as the super fucking stupid morons. Yes, I'm now being aggressive because the traffic circle is littered with dumbfucks, but I am totally in the right [pun intended] to do this providing I yield to someone already in the circle and wishing to exit at the first exit I passed. (I never have to yield, because normally I just wouldn't enter at that time if I knew I was gonna have to nail the brakes right away) For what it is worth, I never drive around the right lane of the cirlce. I only do what I described above when morons fail to enter the cirlce and the lane gets backed way the fuck up. If I were going more than 2 exits, I'd wait in the left lane - or I'd just enter in the right lane and switch lanes in the circle if I am being super duper impatient.

Also, it is perfectly legitimate to enter the circle in the left lane, and exit IMMEDIATELY. It is wiser ofcourse to use the right lane, and exit immediately. But, if you happen to be one of the dumbfucks who likes to drive all around the outside of the circle, and you enter at the same time as someone in the inside lane and they decide to exit IMMEDIATELY, it is the dumber of the dumbfucks in the outside lane that must yield to the person who is exiting from the left lane.

I see people enter from the right lane, and go straight to the left inside the circle like it's only one lane. I see people exit from the left lane to the right lane. I see people who do not yield to those who are in the left lane. It's just an absolute circus of stupidity all day long, every single day. What I'd really like to see is a team of cops sit there and issue unsafe lane change tickets, failure to yield tickets, etc all fucking day long. Cuz with the stupid people using that circle, I'd bet they could issue $100,000 worth of tickets every single day.

In summation, I concur, the people using the circle pretty much have no fucking clue how to use it.

People in the inside lane have absolute right of way over everybody. People in the right lane must YIELD to those who are already in the circle, but have absolute right of way over those who are waiting to enter the circle. End of story.

My favorite type of accident is when someone enters in the RIGHT lane to exit immediately. Someone already in the circle, in the LEFT lane exits at this exit and either cuts this other person off, or hits them and actually believes they aren't at fault. If you are in the inside lane, you don't switch lanes as you exit for this exact reason - you become a dumbfuck - and hit someone who actually knows how to use the circle. If you are in the inside lane, you exit in the left lane, not the right. *MORONS*

Originally posted by avishal26

In the UK and mainland Europe they work a bit differently. If you are in the right lane you can either turn right OR go straight. If you are in the left lane you can go straight or turn left.

The biggest problem I find with roundabouts in Calgary is that nobody uses their signal to let other people know where the fuck they are going.

My Ride
    ////M

Just curious, I hear of lots of "close calls", but for those who live in the area, are fender benders actually quite common?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yo bro, are you from that goat Calgary car forum that get salty over lawn care, land rovers and circumcisions? That's straight fire.

DannyO - there are times (rush hour) when the line up to enter the circle from the main entrance is 50+ cars long. Every single day, it will be like this...quite often backup is half the length of the entrance from from the circle to Deerfoot trail. That's a long ways.

Because of this, people exiting the community often can't get into the circle, because whenever there is a space, it gets filled non-stop by the queue of cars coming from Deerfoot.

Thus, I sometimes bypass the left lane and go in the right when I am exiting the neighbourhood. When I come in, I want the first exit anyhow, so I am always in the right lane and that long ass line in the left doesn't bother me at all.

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

yeah i have no problem if people use the outside lane, but no one does correctly, never have i had someone yield to me when i am on the inside, they usually slam on their brakes and honk at me thinking in the dip shit

Europe is a different story, the people entering generally have the right of way

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

On an extremely minimal scale, you should see the retards that don't understand the tiny ones behind Western Canada high on Royal avenue. YIELD DOES NOT MEAN STOP!! Use the damn zipper effect!!
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast