Quantcast
To the users of the mckenzie towne traffic circle - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: To the users of the mckenzie towne traffic circle

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Originally posted by M.alex
    I was in the traffic circle 2 or 3days ago.

I was in the outside lane. There was somebody in the inside lane. I was going around to the next exit, he was taking the current exit.

I didn't yield and he almost collided with my door.

I yelled at him to get in the fvcking outside lane and stop being such a cocksucking inner-lane rider.

Yea, yea, outer lane yields to inner lane. Fvck that shit - if you're going to turn, get in the outer lane or get the fvck out of my way.
    So what your saying is people shouldn't obey the traffic laws and should do what you think is right? Let me get this straight you were driver "H" in this diagram and you didn't yield to driver "G" because your an idiot? Wait till you cause an accident and then tell the police that it's not your fault because people should be navigating traffic circles the way you like it and not the way the law is written.

http://www.calgaryarea.com/se/mckenz...le/traffic.htm

It's people like you that mess up the flow of traffic.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by 94boosted

So what your saying is people shouldn't obey the traffic laws and should do what you think is right? Let me get this straight you were driver "H" in this diagram and you didn't yield to driver "G" because your an idiot? Wait till you cause an accident and then tell the police that it's not your fault because people should be navigating traffic circles the way you like it and not the way the law is written.

http://www.calgaryarea.com/se/mckenz...le/traffic.htm

It's people like you that mess up the flow of traffic.
    he wont be able to tell his story when a brodozer runs clean over his kit car

My Ride
    RSX Type-S, 335i Coupe

The rule of the outside lane in the traffic circle shouldn't be "you must yield to the inner lane" it should be "if you enter the traffic circle in the outside lane, you MUST take the next exit."

Nobody follows the yielding to the inner lane rule and that's what causes all the raging.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

the traffic circle is all over the fken world and not just in commonwealth countries, if everyone else can get around it properly elsewhere, why can't we?

maybe cause we live too close to origin of simpletons driving, our neighbors down south have rubbed off on us too much.

^

Yah depending what I'm in I fucking cook it into the inner lane and often take the 2nd exit (towards the Kilt), it is quite funny when someone timidly enters the outer lane and you pass them on the inside and they slam their horn as you take the exit making them stop (dumbasses should either take the first exit or learn how to stay in the inner lane). I haven't seen an accident in that intersection for some time though, which is surprising, or maybe I just miss them all.

Originally posted by MilanoRedTeg
    The rule of the outside lane in the traffic circle shouldn't be "you must yield to the inner lane" it should be "if you enter the traffic circle in the outside lane, you MUST take the next exit."

Nobody follows the yielding to the inner lane rule and that's what causes all the raging.
    Catering to stupid people instead of forcing them to do things the right way is part of the reason our roads are as fucked as they are.

Don't make dumber roads, make smarter drivers.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

I'll also admit that I have (had) no idea how a traffic circle works and its because I've never had to use one. I suppose its good to know now but it is a little counter intuitive.

The only way to solve this problem is to build more and make people learn the hard way. There just simply isnt enough in the city for people to care about.

^

Yah it is one of the few times where yielding to your right isn't applied.

When that thing was first built it was a fucking nightmare... accidents quite often, people cutting eachother off non stop, it was quite the area to avoid for a bit.

Even still, I hit that thing at ~6:15am everyday and people are always too timid, guys from inner lane take the exit and cross both lanes, people see 15 cars lined up and take the outside lane at high speeds in their big ass trucks and cut off the person on the inside who needed to make the proper turn etc etc. Pretty embarrassing IMO. They should include a traffic cirlce in everyones licence test, @ $100/test, it would be a quick lesson for those who don't know the rules.
    Last edited by colinxx235; 06-21-2011 at 10:48 AM.

My Ride
    19 GLI

yeah the craziest thing I ever saw in it was when this idiot went left instead of right and nearly collided with a jacked up Ram

My Ride
    RSX Type-S, 335i Coupe

Originally posted by Mibz
    Catering to stupid people instead of forcing them to do things the right way is part of the reason our roads are as fucked as they are.

Don't make dumber roads, make smarter drivers.
    Make smarter drivers? Easier said then done my friend. This thread has been going on 2 years now and we are still talking about the same issues. In a perfect world, yes everyone would learn the proper traffic circles rules and follow them. Trust me I get just as pissed as the next guy driving the circle, but I know there's always going to be people who don't drive it right.

What's another solution? Stick a cop in the middle for a awhile to tickey people not yielding to the inside lane? You know that's not ever going to happen.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by MilanoRedTeg

What's another solution? Stick a cop in the middle for a awhile to tickey people not yielding to the inside lane? You know that's not ever going to happen.
    my solution is that the city gives me absolute power on the road and a tank... then i run every stupid driver over

Whats the traffic flow like at this circle? Does it really need 2 lanes? I'm assuming that with the confusion and timid drivers, the second lane is useless.

If this is the case, would converting it to a single lane traffic circle actually improve the flow?
    ---

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by kenny
    Whats the traffic flow like at this circle? Does it really need 2 lanes? I'm assuming that with the confusion and timid drivers, the second lane is useless.

If this is the case, would converting it to a single lane traffic circle actually improve the flow?
    not during rush hour, it feeds a large area (mac town, new brighton, copperfield. etc)

its really not that bad now, once the areas around stop building it will probably become even better since the influx of new residence will be minimal at that point

Originally posted by M.alex
    I was in the traffic circle 2 or 3days ago.

I was in the outside lane. There was somebody in the inside lane. I was going around to the next exit, he was taking the current exit.

I didn't yield and he almost collided with my door.

I yelled at him to get in the fvcking outside lane and stop being such a cocksucking inner-lane rider.

Yea, yea, outer lane yields to inner lane. Fvck that shit - if you're going to turn, get in the outer lane or get the fvck out of my way.
    Well, aren't you just an idiot. We'll leave it at that. Since I know everyone who reads your post will arrive at the same conclusion assuming they know how to use the circle.

Great BUMP. This thread should be FAMOUS!

FUCK I HATE THE CIRCLE!!!! Actually, I love the circle. Hate the stupid people who don't know how to use it.

If you're in the outside lane, you should be only in it in the first place because you entered in it and because you are going to take the next exit or perhaps 2 exits and IF you go past the first exit, you damn well better yeild. IF you're an experienced user, you can drive around the outside lane all fucking day for all I care. But when I'm exiting the circle with my 5 tonne truck you better fucking yield or I'll crush your car with a smile and without a second thought. I might not even tap the brakes.

People who KNOW how to use the circle will take what ever lane they wish, and understand fully what is required of them. If you are getting in the outside lane, you better well understand that the other "idiot" on the inside lane has the right of way over you, and if he hits you when he exits because you fail to yield, well, as far as the law is concerned, you're the true idiot and that accident is your fault.

At rush hour, the entrance to the INSIDE lane is often backed up nearly 50 cars. Hell I've seen it backed up to the next stop lights and even to the frickin' overpass.

I won't hesitate to take the inside lane, pass all the timid folk, and *OH YEAH BABY* I'm going past 2 exits and taking the third. Smiling at all the fucking idiots on the inside lane as I go by 50 cars on the way to the entrance of the circle. Then yielding to those who wish to exit if they need to *AND* laughing at all the dumb fucks waiting to get in to the INSIDE lane at the exits I'm going by as they give me a dirty look for using the outside lane even though I'm totally allowed to do that. Truth is, as long as you understand you need to yield and you do yield [like myself] well, use the outside lane to your hearts content.

To make the outside lane a "next exit" only scenario caters to the stupid and makes the circle terribly inefficient for those in the know. Those in the know just drive in, drive around, get out, yield if necessary and are on with their day. The dinglefucks who are timid can wait 50+ cars to enter and take the inside lane and they can be forced to yield by the cocksuckers who take the outside lane but are too stupid to know they need to yield.

SO FUCKING GLAD I MOVED FROM THAT PLACE! Still use it every day though, but not nearly as much as when I lived in McKenzie Towne.

Gotta love the traffic circle!

If the circle is nearly empty, I will always take the inside lane to go to my exit. I like to be the boss.

If the circle is busy, I will always take the outside lane to go to my exit. I hate waiting, and know how to comply with the rules.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

The solution is very simple. Place a concrete barrier at each exit which forces the outside lane to exit. Done.

The extra lane does help traffic slightly as it allows people that only need to go one exit over their own lane to use.

Originally posted by 88CRX
    The solution is very simple. Place a concrete barrier at each exit which forces the outside lane to exit. Done.
    You give that some thought OK.

My Ride
    Nothing

Originally posted by Z_Fan

Well, aren't you just an idiot. We'll leave it at that. Since I know everyone who reads your post will arrive at the same conclusion assuming they know how to use the circle.

Great BUMP. This thread should be FAMOUS!

FUCK I HATE THE CIRCLE!!!! Actually, I love the circle. Hate the stupid people who don't know how to use it.

If you're in the outside lane, you should be only in it in the first place because you entered in it and because you are going to take the next exit or perhaps 2 exits and IF you go past the first exit, you damn well better yeild. IF you're an experienced user, you can drive around the outside lane all fucking day for all I care. But when I'm exiting the circle with my 5 tonne truck you better fucking yield or I'll crush your car with a smile and without a second thought. I might not even tap the brakes.

People who KNOW how to use the circle will take what ever lane they wish, and understand fully what is required of them. If you are getting in the outside lane, you better well understand that the other "idiot" on the inside lane has the right of way over you, and if he hits you when he exits because you fail to yield, well, as far as the law is concerned, you're the true idiot and that accident is your fault.

At rush hour, the entrance to the INSIDE lane is often backed up nearly 50 cars. Hell I've seen it backed up to the next stop lights and even to the frickin' overpass.

I won't hesitate to take the inside lane, pass all the timid folk, and *OH YEAH BABY* I'm going past 2 exits and taking the third. Smiling at all the fucking idiots on the inside lane as I go by 50 cars on the way to the entrance of the circle. Then yielding to those who wish to exit if they need to *AND* laughing at all the dumb fucks waiting to get in to the INSIDE lane at the exits I'm going by as they give me a dirty look for using the outside lane even though I'm totally allowed to do that. Truth is, as long as you understand you need to yield and you do yield [like myself] well, use the outside lane to your hearts content.

To make the outside lane a "next exit" only scenario caters to the stupid and makes the circle terribly inefficient for those in the know. Those in the know just drive in, drive around, get out, yield if necessary and are on with their day. The dinglefucks who are timid can wait 50+ cars to enter and take the inside lane and they can be forced to yield by the cocksuckers who take the outside lane but are too stupid to know they need to yield.

SO FUCKING GLAD I MOVED FROM THAT PLACE! Still use it every day though, but not nearly as much as when I lived in McKenzie Towne.

Gotta love the traffic circle!

If the circle is nearly empty, I will always take the inside lane to go to my exit. I like to be the boss.

If the circle is busy, I will always take the outside lane to go to my exit. I hate waiting, and know how to comply with the rules.

Here's the problem - you know how the use the circle, most other people don't.

Besides, inside lane should be for driving around and around if you arn't certain where to exit, outside lane should be the only 1 able to exit. That's the way it should be because that way makes sense.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

<----------------- See my custom user title.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Just moved to an area where I have to take the circle daily...

I'm not going to rave or rant, but ya there are alot of problems.

I like the circle, because I beleive it helps with traffic, especially with how slow people drive it's easy to get in to the circle and not having to wait...

But yes, people do need to observe the rules. I've had a few close calls trying to exit from the inner lane, while some dude just sits on the outside going round round round...
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

My Ride
    Nothing

Originally posted by Z_Fan
    &lt;----------------- See my custom user title.

//Traffic circle user:
    Outta my way bitch
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast