Quantcast
RC Cars - Page 18 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast

Thread: RC Cars

Well, let me put it this way.. if you still cant figure it out tomorrow, try putting the driveshaft back in and just see what happens.
    dv/dt

My Ride
    Hatred

Yeah disconnecting anything is your drivetrain with an open center diff would probably cause problems. If you want to go that route you should consider a locker for the center diff.
    -U

hey guys thanks i fixed it the screw was too loose thanks

so anyone want some tt-01D drift chassis? ill sell both of em for $350 w/ radios but 1 the servo is going nuts other one is basically new i used it for like 2-3hours, comes with a supra body thats chipping cuase the krylon paint failed. if intrested let me know

My Ride
    Hatred

Another one for the collection.... 1/16th scale brushless. It's a monster!
    -U

wow nice pic dude my buggy is down need to wait 2 weeks for a damn button head

Just picked up a T-Rex 450 pro heli and was wondering if there is anyone here on beyond that is familiar with flying/tuning this heli?

I have a JR X9503 radio system, the Align GP780 gyro and I also bought the Futaba GY401 (some people have had issues with the 780 so I wanted to make sure I had a good gyro on hand).

Hoping someone can give me a hand setting this up

Thanks beyond

Thought I would share pics of the hobby section in the garage

Here is my latest toy that is a challenge to learn how to fly

holy im2fst4u u buy a new one every year or something lol
    nice bunch u got there

My Ride
    TSX / R6S

Original REVO with .26 picco MAX engine swap

duratrax raze buggy with an Axial .28 and stampede
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    Smells like its about to start on fire

If anyone is looking for a 1/10th scale losi comp crawler with MOA (two brushless motors; one on front and rear axle)... I know where you can get a deal on one. Just got bored i guess... needs some parts though (insides of front axle got eaten and need to be replaced)... would consider trade for a used/"in-need-of-repair" R/C drift-car chassis of some sort. Everything; stock parts, body, older brushed motor and control module, gears, wires, lipo-battery, charger... no controller though (need that for my heli). $300-$400 would be nice considering it only has about 3 hours on it.

I also have a Traxxas nitro-vee that i would also like to sell with .15 nitro motor and everything. needs a bit of work though...

im2fst4u: know of some set-ups for the 400+ size heli... i have a blade 400. Similar to the trex450. best advise is just experiment with the settings on the gyros you have. I have never used the align or futaba... probably will upgrade to a futaba this winter (eflite ones are shitty). Also get a pitch gauge. If the heli is really touchy, modify the throttle-pitch curve (helps a ton).
    Last edited by SideSwipe; 11-05-2010 at 12:33 PM.

Originally posted by SideSwipe
    i have a blade 400. Same as the trex450, just a bit smaller (dimensions and motor).

Uhh, that's like saying "I have a Honda Civic. Same as your Ferrari Enzo, just a bit smaller (dimensions and motor)."

I have a B400 too. It's a decent beginner collective pitch heli IMO, but it's no performance machine.

Some of my aircraft:

dv/dt

My Ride

Originally posted by ZiG-87

Uhh, that's like saying "I have a Honda Civic. Same as your Ferrari Enzo, just a bit smaller (dimensions and motor)."

I have a B400 too. It's a decent beginner collective pitch heli IMO, but it's no performance machine.

Knew someone would say that. Performance characteristics are obviously different between the two, but not the fundamentals behind them.

btw... its more of a porsche boxster vs ferrari enzo performance comparison. lol.

Well, the chassis is different, and depending on which version of 450 we are talking about, it may use a torque tube instead of a belt. The head setup is fairly similar in that if you know how to do it on one, you can do it on the other (as well as 90% of other helis out there).. And the RTF electronics kind of suck in the b400 but most of mine are changed out now anyhow. As for flight performance, I wont kid myself, at my level I am sure I would never notice the difference. :P You seem to understand that too though, so I'm good.
    dv/dt

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

im2fst4u, that is great!

You must put that track to good use! Damn, that is a nice workspace for your toys.

My Ride

Originally posted by ZiG-87
    Well, the chassis is different, and depending on which version of 450 we are talking about, it may use a torque tube instead of a belt. The head setup is fairly similar in that if you know how to do it on one, you can do it on the other (as well as 90% of other helis out there).. And the RTF electronics kind of suck in the b400 but most of mine are changed out now anyhow. As for flight performance, I wont kid myself, at my level I am sure I would never notice the difference. :P You seem to understand that too though, so I'm good.
    what electronics did you swap out for... i changed my servos to metal gear ones... thats about it. Thinking about swapping the gyro for a better one, the eflite one isnt holding very well.

Also where do you go for parts? I usually go to PM... but its kinda far and they almost always never have the parts that i need. I go to a Hobby store in Ogden, and thats about it. High performance hobbies (never tried). And model land (havent been there for years, 10 or more).

My Ride
    Is fun!

Not into them myself - but thought you guys might be interested in this 586kph RC Jet

(Apologies if re-post)

Originally posted by SideSwipe

what electronics did you swap out for... i changed my servos to metal gear ones... thats about it. Thinking about swapping the gyro for a better one, the eflite one isnt holding very well.

Also where do you go for parts? I usually go to PM... but its kinda far and they almost always never have the parts that i need. I go to a Hobby store in Ogden, and thats about it. High performance hobbies (never tried). And model land (havent been there for years, 10 or more).
    Well I left the motor and speedo.. motor's fine, speedo doesnt have a governer mode which is kind of a must have for serious 3d flight, but I'm not there so I dont care. I think my cyclic servos are hs-65mg, 401 gyro and I can't remember what tail servo.

I go to PM for all my parts. I find the airplane guys to be very knowledgeable and are always willing to spend the time with me to sort out what I need, even if I have a lot of dumbass questions. So far I havent had problems with things not being in stock.
    Last edited by zieg; 11-07-2010 at 06:43 PM.
    dv/dt

Got this bad boy yesturday, still in the prosses of breaking it in still click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast