Quantcast
London Airport to Airport Transfer - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: London Airport to Airport Transfer

My Ride
    SRT

Default London Airport to Airport Transfer

I've bought an airtransat flight from here to Gatwick airport in London, and i was looking for flights to Bucharest from there... The one company that flies out of Gatwick flies too early in the day, but i have two options, one out of Heathrow and one out of Stansted.

For the Heathrow one i have 3 hours to connect, so that'd be cutting it pretty close... The Stansted one is a good 8 hours later. I'm gonna have a suitcase, a big backpack and a laptop back, so preferably if there's a way to train it from the airport to the other airport that'd be perfect. Can I do that? Where do I go?

Thanks in advance

so you want to go from gatwick to heathrow correct?

the only way i could think of, er that i know of. take the southern express or the gatwick express (more expensive than southern express by a couple pounds but it'll get you to victoria station in the same time 35-40min).
    from victoria you can go to heathrow. which should be a shorter distance and shouldn't take as long compared to victoria from gatwick. should take about rough estimate....20min.
    so... by the time you get to heathrow, you SHOULD have a good hour. im taking into account for time to buy a train ticket to victoria, running up n down the stairs a few times to various platforms, cuz its confusing. then getting to victoria, looking for the train to heathrow and looking to where to buy a train ticket for heathrow.

edit: dont listen to me... apparently heathrow only connects to paddington and not victoria.

http://www.heathrow2gatwick.com/?gcl...FSUaagodYmL2Tg - plane
    for 69 pounds, $140

edit 2: there is a way to get there by train, but i think thats gonna take you uber long. cuz the way it says here, you have to go to victoria station, 35-40min. buy a train ticket for the circle line to paddington, takes about another 20-25min. buy an express ticket to heathrow, which also looks like about a 30min ride.
    Last edited by l/l/rX; 07-10-2008 at 12:39 AM.

My Ride
    SRT

it cant be that complicated... when i was little i remember taking the bus from gatwick to heathrow and it took about 2-3 hours, but went airport to airport... i was thinking i could do something similar maybe to Standsted since i have a bunch of time...

Originally posted by riceeater
    it cant be that complicated... when i was little i remember taking the bus from gatwick to heathrow and it took about 2-3 hours, but went airport to airport... i was thinking i could do something similar maybe to Standsted since i have a bunch of time...
    ya you can take the bus, and it will take 3+ hours. but i thought you said you only have 3 hours to get to heathrow from gatwick???

My Ride
    SRT

there are two options though the second one is 8 hours later, from the other airport

My Ride
    SRT

well, the heathrow one got sold out so i booked the later one out of Stansted... found the website for the bus company, and gonna take one of the direct buses for 29 pounds and enjoy the 3 hour sightseeing tour.... it's gonna be cool to be back after 15 years

The buses from Gatwick are very easy.. you literally walk outside the terminal and you can take a bus straight to Heathrow or any of the other London area airports.

The 3 hour window would have been tight anyway, and so you should be more than fine.

My Ride
    a tinpot

You can also catch a train from Gatwick to St Pancras International, then switch to a train going to Stanstead.

Default London Airport Taxi Cab Transfer Service

Originally posted by pints
    You can also catch a train from Gatwick to St Pancras International, then switch to a train going to Stanstead.
    Hi,

I would like to recommend that u can alos book a private Taxi with hummingbird cars by visting http://www.airportransfers.net/
    these guys provide excellent service.

They also provide 5 % Discount on all return Journeys also

Thanks

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Looks like the OP has this handled but I'll chime in with my experience. I had a transfer from Heathrow to Gatwick and had 3 hours an 20 minutes to make it. We didn't make it by at least half an hour. The airline people we talked to after missing our Flight were shocked that we'd even attempted such a thing, even though it was British Airways that had forced us into that itinerary.

In summary, it sounds like the 8 hour transfer to stanstead is much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?