Quantcast
Destination Weddings - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Destination Weddings

My Ride
    05 R6

Default Destination Weddings

Hi there we are planning on doing a destination wedding but we are having a tough time choosing a place to go does any one have any suggestions? We herd that punta cana was real nice but there is nothing to do. We are pretty active people so we need lots to do for us and out guests. Also does anyone know about the process you have to do to get married down south??? any info would be great.
    thanks

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

You MUST check out Hotel Eldorado Royale A Spa Resort in Mayan Riviera Mexico!

Absolutely AMAZING!!!

The people
    The grounds
    The food
    The scenery
    The tours
    The amenities

Best place to take your girl and WOW her!! (or Marry her!!!)
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

I got back from a wedding at the Playa Pasquero in Cuba last February.
    It was really nice.
    They had a nice ceremony right on the beach, and had a wedding planner provided to take care of everything.
    Huge resort with lot of privacy and great service. Took a couple days to figure out where good places to eat at what times were, but I hear that very common in Cuba.

I'm off to Las Vegas to get married in November at the Chapel of Flowers (or something like that, not 100% on the name). We aren't much for ceremony or gatherings, so Vegas works. Book the package you want and just show up.
    The Las Vegas thing might be a little cliche for some people, but it provides what we want for a wedding, and what we don't want (we don't have to put up with the guilt trips of not inviting a bunch of people).
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

My brother is getting married in Jamaica.

Here is the resort details.

Apparently its 2300 bucks a person but true 5 star etc.

http://www.iberostar.com/pdf/GH_Rose...-FactSheet.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

My Ride
    KTM

I was just at a wedding in Playa in May and am actually getting married in Cuba this October. Depending on how many people go you will not run out of things to do. We had/ are having 50+ and it was a blast.

I would not recommend Punta Cana for a wedding. I didn't find it pretty enough. It was great as far as sitting on the beach and finding things to do, but it would not be my first choice.

My sister is getting married in Cabo San Lucas in a couple months. She set it up with a travel agent and even has a website from the agent so that people can book with her and get a better rate etc etc.

The hotel she is doing it at has a wedding package thing, wedding, photographer etc.

The one thing I am going to suggest, and this is a personal preference....

I would suggest actually getting married in Alberta before you go. There are two reasons for this. 1) It is much easier to get a marriage licence in Alberta than it is in the MAJORITY of the states in Mexico or Dominican. 2) Your marriage certificate will most likely be in spanish which means you will have to get it translated when you get back to Canada. If you were to lose the marriage certificate, obtaining one is not so easy.

All in all... I would suggest speaking to a really good travel agent (I can give you my sisters girls info if you want it) and get them to advise on the best and most reasonable place to get married

Get married before you leave the country. Then go through the motions at your destination. That way you are 100% sure your marriage is valid, rather than finding out a few years down the road that the wedding you had in Country X wasn't legit.

edit: spelling > me
    Last edited by z24_wheels; 07-10-2008 at 02:59 PM.

My Ride
    cayenne S/250ninja

i was planning to have a destination wedding but now seeing how ppl say punta cana isn't the best place, maybe I should consider mexico or cuba. but I have been to both before.
    mexico is cool and cheaper most of the time.
    who says girls can't beat guys!

You could also go to Huatulco in Mexico. That so far is my favorite destination there. Beautiful place, warm (super far south), friendly and still quite mexican. There are not a lot of people who speak english and the area is still rather rustic. IF i were getting married again and did it in mexico..... Huatulco or Cabos would be my two choices

edit: requirements to get married in Cabos:

http://www.loscabosguide.com/wedding...ng-married.htm

"Current passport as proof of ID and marital status.
    - Certified copy of both party's birth certificates.
    - Tourist card (received upon arrival in Mexico) or visa.
    - Names, addresses, nationalities, occupations and ages of both parents.
    - Health certificate and blood test (hotels will help set up the tests, which must be done in Mexico).
    - Four witnesses (these can be provided by a wedding planner or the hotel locally for an extra fee). Will also need to provide their names, addresses, occupations, ages and photo ID.

Typically, two to four days must be spent in Cabo San Lucas to complete the requirements, although less time may be required when a wedding coordinator is involved.

In addition, previously married couples need verification that a minimum of one full year has elapsed from the date of one of the following:
    - Divorce: Final dissolution of marriage must be verified with a certified copy of the final divorce decree.
    - Widowed: Must be verified with a certified copy of the spouse's death certificate.

There are two forms of weddings performed in Mexico. One is The Cival Wedding (Matrimonio Civil). This ceremony changes your marital status from single to married. Your proof of marriage is recognized as legal throughout the world. The Civil ceremony is performed by a Spanish Speaking Judge. A weeding planner can be with you to translate for you. This can be compared to a ceremony performed by the Justice of the Peace in the United States or Canada. The Judge’s vows are set and can not be altered.

For the Civil Ceremony the following is mandatory
    1. Copy of your birth certificate
    2. Lab work completed in the state in which you are getting married
    3. Copy of your Tourist Visas (you receive these on the plane)
    4. Divorce decree if applicable. It is necessary to be divorced one year in order to get married in Mexico"

"The other ceremony is the Religious / Non-denomination Ceremony. This ceremony does not change your marital status here in Mexico or anywhere in the world. If you want to perform the civil ceremony at your home either before or after your Cabo San Lucas wedding you can, or you can do both the civil ceremony and the religious / Non-denominational wedding here. For a Non Denominational Minister ceremony, you can choose your wedding vows from some of the Minister’s favorites. You may alter or include your own scripture to these vows in any way you choose and send it back to us. You may write your own vows or include special poems, reading, songs etc. If you need ideas or help with any of the words you want to say to each other, your Minister will gladly assist you.

The civil Ceremony can be performed in the judge’s chambers Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM or the civil ceremony can be performed outside the judge’s chambers at a location of your choice for an additional fee. "
    Last edited by dannie; 07-10-2008 at 04:50 PM.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Newfoundland, all the nice crab grass and toothless married cousins makes for great scenery
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    08 VQ35HR

If you plan for a destination wedding, it's best to get legally married in Canada first, then do a mock wedding elsewhere. In countries like Mexico, you'll need to do a blood test (for HIV) before you can get married and also you'll need to translate your spanish marriage certificate into English when you get back to Canada. But destination weddings are a great idea! If you plan it right, it'll save you tons of money (comparing to having a local wedding) and way more rewarding for your friends and family in the end.