Quantcast
Whats everyones beef with pointeof vierw??? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Whats everyones beef with pointeof vierw???

My Ride
    Daewoo Tico, Hyundai Grace

Default Wood = noise and fire.

Any POV building is the same.

Wood construction, vinyl siding, fire hazard, enough said.

Besides, why do you want to live in a place where you can hear everything the people on the other side of the building say thru the paper walls and cardboard floors!

anyone has any experience with the Point of View condos in Panorama Hills, specifically the ones on Panatella Street?
    They were built last year if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-15-2019 at 12:14 PM.

My Ride
    '10 Civic

Anyone know about a POV condo on riverfront? Been building for a long ass time... Just reaching completion.

My Ride
    G

Originally posted by Trini
    anyone has any experience with the Point of View condos in Panorama Hills, specifically the ones on Panatella Street?
    Lived there for 4 months from aug-dec before I had enough and bought a house. That condo building completely turned me off from condo living ever again. When I lived there they were still doing construction on the 4000 building I think and doing finishes to the 1000 building where I lived. Would always be woken up by construction crews. I had the luck of my unit being next to the stairwell and the door had a self close feature so it would always slam.

There wasn't any rollers on my balcony door so it was pretty hard to open and close it, nearly impossible to lock it. Garbage bins were just in the parking lot, I drove by recently and they finally put the bins in the garbage shack but it's closer to the 4000 building than the 1000 building so it would have been quite a hike. Had some cupboards missing knobs. Outlets that weren't fully in the wall, like the bottom would sit flush but the top would stick out a bit. The one outlet in my guest bedroom didn't go into the hole properly like the hole had been cut too big on the bottom side because there was a gap down there. They gave me the run around when trying to get these things addressed. Everyone that lived on my floor didn't even have the numbers screwed into their dors till 2 months after we moved in.

The lanes going into underground parking seemed pretty narrow, a car going in couldn't do so at the same time as a car leaving. People always stealing surface parking spots, it got so bad people would put no parking signs on their stall. For a little bit the side door didn't even lock, so people could enter the building if they knew about it.
    Last edited by JC522; 11-02-2009 at 09:30 PM.

christ..I don't think it's worth it to buy there then.

I have a buddy that bought there early in the year. He's ok with it because he bought it right before the prices jumped again this year but he's still not cool with the quality. He can hear lots. He is a commericial electrician so he asked his fellow floorers about the problem and they explained that they skimped on this and that. So he wasn't too happy after that.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

The owner of PoV was on an episode of Big City Broker (Brad Lamb - big condo developer in Toronto), and he looked like a total tool/cracked out redneck.

It looked like him and Brad were doing a joint venture outside of Toronto proper, and the entire episode was Brad bitching about the quality of PoV's work - terribly marketed, impossible to read blueprints in the sales center, just low quality work all around.

It was interesting that Brad would work with him, since Brad is known for some very high quality developments in Toronto.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

any experience with Milano condos built by Trico Homes in the same general area??(Panatella Hill)

I had a POV apartment for my first place. When we did the walk through i was expecting the place to be finished, but, give us an opportunity to see if anything was wrong, and they had a week to fix it... Wow was i wrong.

Holes in the roof. No appliances, painting not done, counter missing. The tile person laid a tile with a dime sized chip in it.

Came back for the move in date. and none of it was fixed. they rushed to get it all fixed while i was there(which i appreciate) but it took 5 followup appointments to finally get everything right.

The worst part about POV is how they have a relationship with Condominium First.

(There is a family connection so they pass all buildings onto Condominium first)

You elect a condo board, but the rep from Condo First micromanaged our place to the point of threatening to call the Fire Department because my vehicle had a small oil leak(which i cleaned up every month) when i disputed a letter that was sent.

I would never go to a place that was managed by Condomium First or made by POV again. ever.

Enough said?

As for condo fees. they can be kept cheap if you have a good board. Mine never went up in the 4 years i lived there.

RE: "3) Shitty customer service; if you have a problem with your condo when you take possession... good luck getting it fixed. Classic run-around tactics, they basically try to wait out the clock on your warranty instead of actually fixing the problem." -same thing happened to me. they actually offered to buy my unit back... uhm tough luck since it went wayyy up in value during the housing boom.

ahh.. i feel better now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3