Quantcast
Whats everyones beef with pointeof vierw??? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats everyones beef with pointeof vierw???

Barlow is offline I was under probation for 2 years

Default Whats everyones beef with pointeof vierw???

searched threads only found bashing, no real substance behind anything...

>???

Barlow

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

We built with them in Somerset back in 2000. The condo itself was just fine. I would actually say best bang for the buck. The build quality was just fine.

It's dealing with the staff during the build that was the problem in our case. How the phuck these guys ever organized anything bigger than a one man lynch mob is beyond me.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

pointe of view is known for shoddy construction. if you look they slap up their buildings the quickest and always end up with major issues. and when i say major i mean highrise condo buildings are sinking because they never let the foundation set long enough

My Ride
    AWOL

oh cmon, it only sank 6" and the doors wouldn't open and the elevator wouldn't go up...

their cardboard and stick creations? egads. mold, leaky roofs, burst pipes, thin walls... you get what you pay for really. and mgmt? yikes.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Originally posted by Grogador
    oh cmon, it only sank 6" and the doors wouldn't open and the elevator wouldn't go up...

their cardboard and stick creations? egads. mold, leaky roofs, burst pipes, thin walls... you get what you pay for really. and mgmt? yikes.
    Was that the building downtown on 6th ave?

Originally posted by Pacman

Was that the building downtown on 6th ave?
    Yea.. the leaning tower of tarjan pointe

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Originally posted by FishPoo

Yea.. the leaning tower of tarjan pointe
    so.....did the buyers have to take possession of their units, or were they allowed to back out?

I would NEVER build with them again.
    Crappy quality/construction, even worse finishing, the entire company couldn't collectively build a bird house let alone a high-rise condo.
    The management and business aspect of that company needs to go back to business school for a few years.

But.. you get what you pay for I guess.

I'm not defending PoV, but I'm a first owner at Tarjan and unfortunately, I'm probably one of the few that have had nothing but a positive experience with them (from start to end).

Honestly, we've had nothing major wrong with our unit. Everything that was outstanding at possession was fixed within about a month. I don't have issues with doors not closing, thin walls, etc.

Although, I do agree about the elevators. It's always being down. I primarily blame the renters in our building, particularly with all the garbage and vandalism around here.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by prodigydud
    Although, I do agree about the elevators. It's always being down. I primarily blame the renters in our building, particularly with all the garbage and vandalism around here.
    Yeah that can pose a problem

Hate to see things as time goes on.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    STi

Hmm...

-Car was stolen from underground parking
    -since my car was stolen, they will not replace the garage door opener but will charge me for a new one...
    -underground parking ceiling cracking roof and water leaking all over cars
    -pipes bursting in the parking and units
    -we pay fees for lines to be painted in the parking
    -we pay extra for them to change the smoke detectors in each unit
    -vandalism on my brothers car in the underground parking
    -our fees go up a lot (currently sits at $370) with no changes to maint, security, structure
    -get in trouble if we have stuff on our patio
    -threats to tow cars if they are parked in the lot for more than 5 hours
    -my building has settled already but there are cracks in the walls
    -idiots use graffiti on walls but they do not repair it
    -lights burnt out for weeks
    -think of more later...

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

my best friend bought a POV condo last november, and has been stating for the last 4 or 5 months that he has regretted it. His main door frame is out of square, and drops almost 2 inches from 1 side to the other. a firm shove will open the door even with the deadbolt as it only just catches a corner of it, and you can see around the door. Dry wall seams are all cracked, not just in his condo, but in all the hallways, and in places, appears to be in the middle of panels. The exterior siding is constantly coming off, his neighbours balcony is still useless after 8 months because of repairs. his kitchen floor is wavy in all directions, and it is a tile floor.

he has nothing good to say about them at all.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by Genjuro
    Hmm...

-Car was stolen from underground parking
    -since my car was stolen, they will not replace the garage door opener but will charge me for a new one...
    -underground parking ceiling cracking roof and water leaking all over cars
    -pipes bursting in the parking and units
    -we pay fees for lines to be painted in the parking
    -we pay extra for them to change the smoke detectors in each unit
    -vandalism on my brothers car in the underground parking
    -our fees go up a lot (currently sits at $370) with no changes to maint, security, structure
    -get in trouble if we have stuff on our patio
    -threats to tow cars if they are parked in the lot for more than 5 hours
    -my building has settled already but there are cracks in the walls
    -idiots use graffiti on walls but they do not repair it
    -lights burnt out for weeks
    -think of more later...
    Wow, this is all very reminiscent of when I lived in the PoVs at Somerset Station. Yeah, cars get broken in to once a week. Back when I lived there it was only a coat hanger crew doing it but now I hear people are busting windows. Blows my mind that they haven't set up some kind of security system in there.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

WOW.....I had no idea other projects had this many problems. I guess we got lucky!
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    a couple S/C'd V8's

My biggest complaint about my POV unit has to do with the jacking of condo fee's after the first year. The "units" devoted to the underground parkade are absurd.... $55/mo in condo fee's for a parking spot (x2 for me). I'm pretty sure the advertised future condo fee's during construction were purposly low to not scare you away. Then after the mgmt company takes over they realize the rates have to go up. ($250/mo -->$400/mo in 3 years all utils included)

I think most developments jack up the rate after the first year, especially in the past 2-3 years with materials and labor all increasing significantly since projects were initially developed.

I'm not with POV, but mine has gone up significantly 30% since the building was finished last year.

I've toured a lot of different builder projects and they all have issues. It's all sub-contractors with crews of neufie kids or beer money bandits that have a 50% chance of hittiing a nail on the right end.

My POV condo is pretty good. Did have some issues, but when I reflect we also had similar issues with Jayman, Beattie, Excel, and Cardel. So nothing out of the ordinary really.

Keep in mind guys that the jacking of condo fees after 1 year has nothing to do with PoV but rather the property management company (likely Condo First)

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

I had an apartment in Tuscany building #2000 built by POV (Point of Poo I like to refer it as)

Shoddy construction is true and my unit wasn't as bad as others. The noise from the stairwell was crazy.

Getting someone to repair the following was VERY difficult:
    The rug was installed poorly. YOu could see the seams and they must have used different batches as there was a difference in the pile
    The lino was scratched when I moved in.
    Closet door frame was crooked
    Door frame into my unit was slightly crooked and only got worse with time as the building settled
    MASSIVE crack formed with time in my laundry room
    Appliances were cheap. The washer and dryer became crap after one year of use (it was only me, so not much laundry)
    Insulation on the west side of my unit seemed non existent. Abnormally hot in summer and I could feel a breeze through the electrical outlets.

The pre inspection was a joke, it wasn't ready but they threatened to take away the deposit if the unit wasn't signed for.

I did enjoy living in Tuscany (I really wouldn't want to know if my creepy neighbour was a swinger.... Old creepy smoking in the darkness of the greenspace fucker) But that was for the neighbourhood and not my building. I don't think I'd go condo again just cause the biggest whiners join the condo board and clamp down on the stupidest things.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by spikers
    my best friend bought a POV condo last november, and has been stating for the last 4 or 5 months that he has regretted it. His main door frame is out of square, and drops almost 2 inches from 1 side to the other. a firm shove will open the door even with the deadbolt as it only just catches a corner of it, and you can see around the door. Dry wall seams are all cracked, not just in his condo, but in all the hallways, and in places, appears to be in the middle of panels. The exterior siding is constantly coming off, his neighbours balcony is still useless after 8 months because of repairs. his kitchen floor is wavy in all directions, and it is a tile floor.

he has nothing good to say about them at all.

Originally posted by lelalong
    I had an apartment in Tuscany building #2000 built by POV (Point of Poo I like to refer it as)

Shoddy construction is true and my unit wasn't as bad as others. The noise from the stairwell was crazy.

Getting someone to repair the following was VERY difficult:
    The rug was installed poorly. YOu could see the seams and they must have used different batches as there was a difference in the pile
    The lino was scratched when I moved in.
    Closet door frame was crooked
    Door frame into my unit was slightly crooked and only got worse with time as the building settled
    MASSIVE crack formed with time in my laundry room
    Appliances were cheap. The washer and dryer became crap after one year of use (it was only me, so not much laundry)
    Insulation on the west side of my unit seemed non existent. Abnormally hot in summer and I could feel a breeze through the electrical outlets.

The pre inspection was a joke, it wasn't ready but they threatened to take away the deposit if the unit wasn't signed for.

I did enjoy living in Tuscany (I really wouldn't want to know if my creepy neighbour was a swinger.... Old creepy smoking in the darkness of the greenspace fucker) But that was for the neighbourhood and not my building. I don't think I'd go condo again just cause the biggest whiners join the condo board and clamp down on the stupidest things.

nickles to dimes this is the same building. my buddy lives in the #2000 building too.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast