Quantcast
Is it just me? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Is it just me?

My Ride
    mk4 turbo jetta

Default Is it just me?

Is it just me or does beyond determine a companys success to quite a degree?
    I am all for this as i have learned of many places to stay away from and many places to go try however i have never seen such a influencing factor on a business as this site lol.
    IE:
    ---GOFC, Point of View,
    +++Many Pizza Places or Chinese food places

I guess its just the power of the internet to be able to put a negative or positive word out about a individual or company in a matter of moments.

I think it would almost be worth creating a thread that was like a BBB on beyond so one could search for a certain company and have some sort of star rating beside it based on + to -

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

A seperate forum for posting like/dislike, love/hate/rant threads about different companies? Would be nice to keep it all in one place.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    POS

For sure, if there is a posting about a place that is good or bad, it will definately affect my decision on going there or not. But serisouly, if a place is ran by a bunch of monkeys, it's their own fault that they will ultimately fail, not beyonds
    Last edited by topmade; 07-14-2008 at 07:48 PM.

My Ride
    lexus sc400

I agree..
    " Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast "

Originally posted by romeo.el.cobra
    I agree..
    you would

My Ride
    '01 Acura CL Type S

Originally posted by arian_ma

you would

But that would be pretty cool.
    A seperate section that ranks each place, and each member can only vote once per month or something similar.

Totally agree though, the responses here certainly influences the masses.

One thread could get a bit cumbersome over time. What about a Rating area in food and dining where each restaurant has its own Poll thread so people can vote and see the results first before reading through potentially several pages of comments.
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Just boobs. That's how we party.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by arian_ma

you would

That is a decent idea though, it would be the BBBB, beyond better business bureau
    I do like the food ratings sofar in that section though with the restrauant reviews.

Originally posted by anarchy

But that would be pretty cool.
    A seperate section that ranks each place, and each member can only vote once per month or something similar.

Totally agree though, the responses here certainly influences the masses.
    I'd say a member can only vote once, however they can withdraw their vote and change it at anytime.

So say i gave the notorious shitty wendys in my area a " - " , and then go back being the masochistic idiot i am and order food, they fuck up on the order but the manager gives me a free frosty or something and service is good from there on out, i can change it to " + "

Every 50 votes should equate to an additional "" or "" as the overall rating too.

So it would present as follows:

0-50 =
    51-100 =
    101-150 =

or on the flip side
    0-50 =
    -51 - -100 =
    -101 - -150 =

Does that make sense?

edit: also there should be "comments" which you would reply the traditional way to all threads, however it would need to be heftily moderated. So comments would REQUIRE you to post your experience of what happened. If you simply put "lawl wendys sukz t3h fat onez!!!!" but dont say what happened, your post gets deleted.

If its just a business you wouldnt support from word of mouth, you can voice what happened to a friend/family member (if they already havent done so, if they have, just quote it) - otherwise just "cast your vote."
    Last edited by 403Gemini; 07-15-2008 at 09:13 AM.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Originally posted by 403Gemini

I'd say a member can only vote once, however they can withdraw their vote and change it at anytime.

So say i gave the notorious shitty wendys in my area a " - " , and then go back being the masochistic idiot i am and order food, they fuck up on the order but the manager gives me a free frosty or something and service is good from there on out, i can change it to " + "

Every 50 votes should equate to an additional "+" or "-" as the overall rating too.

So it would present as follows:

0-50 = +
    51-100 = ++
    101-150 = +++

or on the flip side
    0-50 = -
    -51 - -100 = --
    -101 - -150 = ---

Does that make sense?

edit: also there should be "comments" which you would reply the traditional way to all threads, however it would need to be heftily moderated. So comments would REQUIRE you to post your experience of what happened. If you simply put "lawl wendys sukz t3h fat onez!!!!" but dont say what happened, your post gets deleted.

If its just a business you wouldnt support from word of mouth, you can voice what happened to a friend/family member (if they already havent done so, if they have, just quote it) - otherwise just "cast your vote."
    I think that's a great suggestion.
    Can we use smiley faces instead of plus signs though?

haha jk

It might be a good idea to have subheaders for each type of business within that section as well.

Just a thought.

Originally posted by anarchy

I think that's a great suggestion.
    Can we use smiley faces instead of plus signs though?

haha jk

It might be a good idea to have subheaders for each type of business within that section as well.

Just a thought.
    would certainly make it clear and cleaner, so yes, smiley faces is the new suggestion (editting previous post)
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

In theory a system like this would work, but in practice it is usually those that have negative experiences that speak much louder
    ---

Originally posted by kenny
    In theory a system like this would work, but in practice it is usually those that have negative experiences that speak much louder
    Come on Kenny, what makes you say that

*cough*
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/223412/le...sue-beyond-ca/
    *cough*
    Excuse me!
    ?