Quantcast
Bargaining on Cars $65K+ - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Bargaining on Cars $65K+

My Ride
    NC1

Default Bargaining on Cars $65K+

I have a question for the high rollers on the site. Those who have purchased their cars new from the dealerships Benz, Cadillac, BMW etc. How much negotiating, if any, was there on the vehicles? Someone told me that there is little bargaining on higher end cars because they are rare and in high demand. If you don't buy it, someone else will. Some may argue, if you have the $$$ to spend, an extra buck or two shouldn't make a difference. Well, that's not the point. I know for a fact that most dealers have hidden incentives/promotions from manufacturers and most of the time they will not pass it onto the consumer. I don't want to sound cheap but discounts is a form of appreciation imo, it's telling me that the dealer respects my business. I don't want to low ball, I just don't want to pay retail!! haha

For the topic, let's take the Escalade EXT and C32 AMG.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Mercedes Benz used to follow Value Pricing, basically fixed prices for all their new vehicles. So don't expect to get much off, if anything. Dealer installed accessories, you can get a discount.

How come everyone seems to want a C32 all of a sudden?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    L-Tuned

Don't expect much (if anything) off at Lexus...I got a hookup so I was more fortunate. Cadillac will more than likely drop on their price for you.
    Last edited by Altezza; 09-02-2003 at 02:20 PM.

My Ride
    335i

When my uncle went to the BMW dealership, he could only bargain a hundred dollars off. The dealer basically said he didn't care if we bought the car or not, since there are a lot of other people who will. Don't expect to get any substantial amount off a high end luxury car.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

This is what Land Rover said to me:

We know we will sell our alotment of cars this year. If you don't like the price, don't buy it.

There are HUGE margins on Luxury cars. Especially SUV/trucks. This is where all of the automakers and dealers are making their money.

You can probably negotiate on the Escalade because it is domestic and because there seem to be a lot on the lots these days. Good luck with the C32. I bet Canada doesn't even get 200 of these a year...

It is too bad we aren't in the states... cause this website is a great resource for incentives and dealer kickbacks.

http://www.imakenews.com/autospies

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

There are quite a few C32's around in Canada... way more than 200 a year. SLK32's, those we only get about 200-300 a year.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    92 VW Fox

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    When my uncle went to the BMW dealership, he could only bargain a hundred dollars off. The dealer basically said he didn't care if we bought the car or not, since there are a lot of other people who will. Don't expect to get any substantial amount off a high end luxury car.
    if i were to buy a BMW id get percentages off
    Having a fast Honda is like winning the special olympics, in the end your still retarded

If you want to buy a BMW import one from Germany. Save you a lot of coin. That's what a friend of mine that lives in the US did and saved thousands. He actually flew over to Germany, purchaced the car, did the paper work, drove it around a bit, put it on a boat and flew back home. After all that he still saved thousands and got a free short vacation to Germany on the side

My Ride
    Pathfinder

If you want a caddy PM me and I'll give you the hook up

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

There are quite a few C32's around in Canada... way more than 200 a year. SLK32's, those we only get about 200-300 a year.
    My bad... They must all go to Ontario and BC, cause I haven't seen very many around here at all.

My Ride
    NC1

C32 because it's pretty much everything I need in a car. Not to mention bang for your buck!!! The amazing combination of brand, performance, and styling!

If not, I was thinking about the 330 Sedan supercharged hehe
    When I think back 6 months ago, I should of sold the 323 for the 330 and just swap the bodykit over. Oh well! haha

Or the Escalade, then my dad and I can share it whenever we need to go get stuff for the restaurant.

I'm just enquiring for now, I don't like going to dealerships and wasting people's time.
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Corolla

Originally posted by BigMass
    If you want to buy a BMW import one from Germany. Save you a lot of coin. That's what a friend of mine that lives in the US did and saved thousands. He actually flew over to Germany, purchaced the car, did the paper work, drove it around a bit, put it on a boat and flew back home. After all that he still saved thousands and got a free short vacation to Germany on the side
    Mercede also have such program EDP, European Delivery Program. Seem like a fun time.

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Originally posted by BigMass
    Exact same thing my neighbor did. And when u bring it back over, u still get to use the german plates front and back for upto 90days...give a little euro look for a while, lol.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Superesc
    Mercede also have such program EDP, European Delivery Program. Seem like a fun time.
    If I remember correctly, AMG cars are not available for euro delivery.

My Ride
    2Look slk

For a car of that amout of money there is no negotiation. You'd be extremely lucky if you got a free CD changer. Expect to pay retail.

Some guy in a silver debadged C32 today offered to buy my car hehe. I dont think I'll be getting rid of the car for awhile now, or maybe I'll trade him + cash haha.
    ---

My Ride
    92 VW Fox

if you buy a euro car and want to register it legally in the US your gonna have to change the glass to US-Spec among other things.
    Having a fast Honda is like winning the special olympics, in the end your still retarded

My Ride
    NC1

Hey Kenny, group buy next year ok? haha

Is the freight and PDI included in the price of the Benz?

With regards to what rage2 said, I presume that if you order a C32, you won't have to wait too long (other than production) to get it?
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

I think that Calgary is worse then other cities for not giving deals.

I know of more then a few people that have bought, BMW, lexus, 350z from Edmonton and Red Deer and got deals that they could not get in Calgary.

I just got off the phone with a dealer outside of Calgary on a Pathfinder and they are willing to give me a way better deal then any dealer in Calgary.

IMO, there are too many high rollers in this city that do not think twice about giving them MSRP for cars/trucks. So dealers here do not have to work to sell, so they do not.

My Ride
    NC1

Looks like I have to make another trip out west to Vancouver next spring/summer
    I am user #49

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast