Quantcast
blackberry bold for rogers - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: blackberry bold for rogers

Weird, I get at least one dropped called on my bold every day or two.... hmmm

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

Mine has been freezing from time to time. The scroll becomes unresponsive to clicks and the enter button doesn't work when this happens. I can move around and highlight icons, but I can't click on them.

It usually recovers after a minute.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Ive been losing data on and off for the past couple weeks, the 4 dots next to the 3G symbol dissapear thats when I know Ive lost data, anyone else been experiencing this?

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride
    W213

Originally posted by shadowz
    Ive been losing data on and off for the past couple weeks, the 4 dots next to the 3G symbol dissapear thats when I know Ive lost data, anyone else been experiencing this?
    Are you talking in terms of losing texts/phone call logs?
    If this is what you're talking about its due to a 'memory leak' in the o/s. You have to do a battery pull to fix this once in a while.

This seems to happen on the Bold more than my 8800 and I end up losing a bunch of texts.

One way to check is go to the options-->memory
    And free application memory. Mine goes to about 25mb after a battery pull. I pull the batter when it hits 15mb or so to be safe.

Some of the newer o/s versions have improved battery life and memory leaks are little to none. Ive just been to lazy and wary of installing an unofficial beta version

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

AT&T is taking forever on release this dam phone, almost tempted to switch to another carrier for the BB storm now... they claim "battery issues"..hell look at the iPhone, 5 hrs lifespan, cant be worse than that...

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Originally posted by spyce

Are you talking in terms of losing texts/phone call logs?
    If this is what you're talking about its due to a 'memory leak' in the o/s. You have to do a battery pull to fix this once in a while.

This seems to happen on the Bold more than my 8800 and I end up losing a bunch of texts.

One way to check is go to the options-->memory
    And free application memory. Mine goes to about 25mb after a battery pull. I pull the batter when it hits 15mb or so to be safe.

Some of the newer o/s versions have improved battery life and memory leaks are little to none. Ive just been to lazy and wary of installing an unofficial beta version
    Nope, sorry I should have clarified, no email coming in or out, and bb messenger doesnt work in or out, normal functions are fine such as text or phone

My Ride
    '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport

Is there anyway to show what I have on my Calendar/agenda for the day and upcoming on the main home screen?

I'm use to the Windows O/S where they have the option of having what your todo or daily day looks like.

Let me know
    thanks

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Nope, sorry I should have clarified, no email coming in or out, and bb messenger doesnt work in or out, normal functions are fine such as text or phone
    Did it happen just a couple days ago, or everyday? I know on Monday morning/afternoon I didn't get emails, and then all of a sudden I got a bunch. Some people on HowardForums mentioned having the same issues as well.

My Ride

Originally posted by redevil
    Is there anyway to show what I have on my Calendar/agenda for the day and upcoming on the main home screen?

I'm use to the Windows O/S where they have the option of having what your todo or daily day looks like.

Let me know
    thanks
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...day-theme.html

Are you looking for something like this? I just downloaded this theme a couple days ago and it's been working great.

My Ride

Originally posted by CRXguy

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...day-theme.html

Are you looking for something like this? I just downloaded this theme a couple days ago and it's been working great.
    Yeah that kind of idea, does it have that option without having to download that theme?

My Ride

The themes that come with the phone only shows the icons on the main screen.

It doesn't take long to download, and it won't harm your phone if that's what you're worried about.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Did it happen just a couple days ago, or everyday? I know on Monday morning/afternoon I didn't get emails, and then all of a sudden I got a bunch. Some people on HowardForums mentioned having the same issues as well.
    Its pretty inconsistant, I lost data for most of yesterday and then it came streaming in as it usually does when i get data back. Sometime I dont lose data for a couple days, lately its been everyday. Also I dont know if its because of my area, but I have horrible reception in and around my house in Evergreen and yes I upgraded my SIM

My Ride

The themes that come with the phone only shows the icons on the main screen.

It doesn't take long to download, and it won't harm your phone if that's what you're worried about.
    haha still trying to figure out how to use this phone. Can I just download it to my laptop and sync it to the phone via usb? Or can I get someone to send me the theme as well?

I'll figure it out eventually.

My Ride

Its pretty inconsistant, I lost data for most of yesterday and then it came streaming in as it usually does when i get data back. Sometime I dont lose data for a couple days, lately its been everyday. Also I dont know if its because of my area, but I have horrible reception in and around my house in Evergreen and yes I upgraded my SIM
    Maybe get Rogers to send you a different Bold and see if that helps. My only major problem is what I mentioned earlier. Otherwise, everything has been great, even reception. I travel to different parts of the city due to work and never had and incoming/outgoing call issues.

Originally posted by redevil

haha still trying to figure out how to use this phone. Can I just download it to my laptop and sync it to the phone via usb? Or can I get someone to send me the theme as well?

I'll figure it out eventually.
    The link I posted is for over the air download. Just use the Blackberry Browser and it'll download into "Themes" in the Option menu.

My Ride

The link I posted is for over the air download. Just use the Blackberry Browser and it'll download into "Themes" in the Option menu. [/B]
    Downloaded the themes, but still looking for something that actually shows the times that you have booked off along with what you are doing rather then just the date and what you are doing.

eg. 9:30-6 work
    7-8 gym

I know exactly what you're talking about shadowz. This is my second bold because of that problem and it has started to do it again. The bad thing is, it seems (up until now) no one else has had this problem, and technical support doesn't have a clue on what's going on either. A lot of them don't even know what I'm talking about when I try to describe those 4 dots, considering its not on any other blackberry but the bold. Its very frustrating, what I do is a first is I try turning off all my connections, wait a while then turn the connections back on. If that doesn't work, I turn off all the connections do a battery pull, restart, then turn all connections back on. Sometimes, it takes more than one battery pull but eventually it does come back.

Please let me know if you find a fix to this problem. Tech support thought that I had an older software version, and that I'd need to upgrade to the new one. But I had already had the updated version, so that's when I exchanged for a new one, worked great for almost 2 weeks until 2 days ago it started doing it again.
    Mercs

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

What battery life are you guy's getting on 3G?

I turned mine off since it wasn't even lasting me 6 hours/day and I need my phone for work, etc.

I'm on OS 4.6.0.125

My Ride

I'm running .126 right now. The latest approved version is .147, and BETA is .162 I think.My battery lasts almost 2 full days, and that's with email, PIN and web browsing everyday.

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

I'm running .126 right now. The latest approved version is .147, and BETA is .162 I think.My battery lasts almost 2 full days, and that's with email, PIN and web browsing everyday.
    There are no software updates on the Roger's site. Can you post a link?

I'll update my OS and give 3G a whirl again!

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Hey guys, spoke with Tier2 Rogers support, there is a problem with 3G in relation to bold, and its happening mainly in Alberta, they are working on it, but as I have noticed when the 4 dots next to 3G dissapear you lose connection to RIM not rogers, but this does affect data related services. So you can switch your phones back to 2g if you want consistant service. Reason being is that Bold needs 100% connection to 3g where as iphone only uses it in bursts. But im happy that I have answers right now.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 LastLast