Quantcast
blackberry bold for rogers - Page 14 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14

Thread: blackberry bold for rogers

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Originally posted by Gondi Stylez

There are no software updates on the Roger's site. Can you post a link?

I'll update my OS and give 3G a whirl again!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/new...anguage-74215/

Read the thread before you do anything. Don't want your phone to turn to paper weight.

Originally posted by shadowz
    Hey guys, spoke with Tier2 Rogers support, there is a problem with 3G in relation to bold, and its happening mainly in Alberta, they are working on it, but as I have noticed when the 4 dots next to 3G dissapear you lose connection to RIM not rogers, but this does affect data related services. So you can switch your phones back to 2g if you want consistant service. Reason being is that Bold needs 100% connection to 3g where as iphone only uses it in bursts. But im happy that I have answers right now.
    Do you have your connection to 3G only? I have 3G and 2G on at all times. I've never had those 4 dots disappear on me, so I guess I'm lucky.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Originally posted by CRXguy

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/new...anguage-74215/

Read the thread before you do anything. Don't want your phone to turn to paper weight.

Do you have your connection to 3G only? I have 3G and 2G on at all times. I've never had those 4 dots disappear on me, so I guess I'm lucky.
    Yes I have mine set to 3g and 2g, doesnt really help much, tested another bold with the same issues, much better on 2g only. So we will see whats going on, the tech also said that downtown core is a bad spot for bold users as well

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

Im also noticing that I have trouble pinning a a specific friend or two on my list. Message wont send out. Or it gets delivered a long time later...

i live in downtown. and its horrible, very bad. everyday when i wake up the 4 dots are gone. it happened again earlier today, pulled the battery so many times, but when i turned my wifi connection on, it brought back the 4 dots as well, its such a hassle. so to be clear it's not a hardware problem nor a software problem, it's with rogers' 3G network for the bold? that's actually a relief knowing it's not rim or myself, i really don't want to have to get another bold. is there an answer as to why it only happens to selective units? i have a friend that has a bold as well and he doesnt share my problem.
    Mercs

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Originally posted by mdeleon
    i live in downtown. and its horrible, very bad. everyday when i wake up the 4 dots are gone. it happened again earlier today, pulled the battery so many times, but when i turned my wifi connection on, it brought back the 4 dots as well, its such a hassle. so to be clear it's not a hardware problem nor a software problem, it's with rogers' 3G network for the bold? that's actually a relief knowing it's not rim or myself, i really don't want to have to get another bold. is there an answer as to why it only happens to selective units? i have a friend that has a bold as well and he doesnt share my problem.
    Yo homie I have a couple friends with no issues, but theyre never downtown, my phone goes through a sequence gprs,GPRS,edge,EDGE,3g, 3G then finally dots and 3G. But Rogers has said theyre 3g network isnt really ready in Alberta, theyre still working on it. But I back to the beginning, it all depends where you are and when lol it sucks I know Ive been dealing with it everyday

So what's so complicated about Alberta compared to the rest of the provinces? I go trough the exact same sequence as you, its like playing slots looking for those 4 dots to appear lol. It's always such a bad start to my day when the first thing I have to deal with is getting those dots back.Ii just got back home actually, my phone was all good up until I hit centre street and 2nd ave, the dots were stil there but it started lagging, slow data reception. Now that I'm home, dots are gone once again. This is by far the worst it's gotten. If it weren't for your explanation, I'd probably be going crazy right now. I guess the only thing to do is be patient and hope Rogers gets it right in Alberta soon
    Mercs

My Ride
    '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport

So I'm kinda pissed right now...just found out that Rogers dropped the price of the Bold by $100, the day after I got it

Any ideas how or if I can get this $100 back? I've had the phone of just under a week.

My Ride

What operating system version is everyone have on their Bold?

I have v4.6.0.125. I checked the BlackBerry site and it has v4.6.0.242 version, is this the newest one for Rogers then?

I'm going to be updating mine right now.

Update: Correct me if I am wrong, but is it the same version on my phone already? Just looked at the link and it had the version v4.6.0.125 as the properties description.
    Last edited by redevil; 10-05-2008 at 10:33 AM.

My Ride

I'm running .126. The current supported OS is .147 and beta is .162.

You're reading it wrong from the BB website. It's the application version you should be looking at, which is .125. That's what came with the Rogers Bold.

My Ride

I'm running .126. The current supported OS is .147 and beta is .162.

You're reading it wrong from the BB website. It's the application version you should be looking at, which is .125. That's what came with the Rogers Bold.
    Can you let me know or link me to where you see that on the Rogers, or BlackBerry site? This is what I downloaded from the link in Blackberry.com site, if I am on the Rogers network:
    9000M_PBr4.6.0_rel242_PL4.0.0.134_A4.6.0.125_Rogers

I looked on crackberry.com and blackberryforums.com but they all have links for ones in France (Orange).

Thanks

My Ride

Originally posted by redevil

Can you let me know or link me to where you see that on the Rogers, or BlackBerry site? This is what I downloaded from the link in Blackberry.com site, if I am on the Rogers network:
    9000M_PBr4.6.0_rel242_PL4.0.0.134_A4.6.0.125_Rogers

I looked on crackberry.com and blackberryforums.com but they all have links for ones in France (Orange).

Thanks
    Use the link from Crackberry. All of the new OS updates are from other carriers.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Ok a little update here, after going to the link CRXguy posted, I downloaded the .147 OS and loaded it, since then no outages I am very happy right now and the other issue I had with phone calls being sketchy at my home are now gone as well. But remember folks if you guys have important stuff on your phones back them up

My Ride
    W213

Quick question for you all.

Have you guys been able to set up your Bold as a modem?
    Im having trouble setting it up..

My Ride

I've done it on my Toshiba Vista laptop, and works great. What kind of troubles are you having?

My Ride
    W213

Well I have followed this guide

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.p...Berry_As_Modem

I followed it step by step for the Rogers one and I couldnt get it to connect.

My guesses as to why?
    1) Do I have to manually install the modem drivers? I assumed they were installed with DM 4.6. And then I downloaded the Modem/Driver file and it looks like its just a DM installation?
    2)With DM open, it opens up a 'connection manager' in the taskbar. Is there anything I need to change specifically under this? One of the portion is defaulted as 'disabled'.
    3)Going back to that guide, do I type it exactly as stated for the rogers thing? EG: For the portion that says "IP", do I just type exactly that, or is there a specific IP assigned for my Blackberry that I need to input in that portion instead?

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

Anybody installed the new OS .292 on the Rogers site?

I'm going to give it a go. My memory keeps fuckin' up

https://your.rogers.com/web_auth/tec...22&model=9000R

My Ride

That OS update is .162. You're getting the numbers mixed up.

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

That OS update is .162. You're getting the numbers mixed up.
    My bad - you're right. I've installed it and so far no hiccups and I'm running back on 3G & 2G. Hopefully the battery life is better too.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14