Quantcast
being paid questionable? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: being paid questionable?

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Default being paid questionable?

So today after work i get called into the bosses office, says foreman told him i wasnt giving 100% today, and for the record it was true ive been feeling really shitty lately, but thats personal.

I explained it a bit to him and he was really understanding, but says hes not going to pay me today becuase i wasnt pulling my weight for what i was getting paid to do...

Can he do this?
    I put in my hours, sure i wasnt working as hard as i should have been, but im pretty sure its illegal to not pay someone becuase you think their not worth it that day.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Default Re: being payed questionable?

Originally posted by swak
    So today after work i get called into the bosses office, says foreman told him i wasnt giving 100% today, and for the record it was true ive been feeling really shitty lately, but thats personal.

I explained it a bit to him and he was really understanding, but says hes not going to pay me today becuase i wasnt pulling my weight for what i was getting paid to do...

Can he do this?
    I put in my hours, sure i wasnt working as hard as i should have been, but im pretty sure its illegal to not pay someone becuase you think their not worth it that day.
    I don't think so. He's legally required to pay you as far as I'm aware.

Umm no? Do you get paid cash or what? Either way, they can't not pay you, they either have to tell you to work harder or go home.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Sounds like your boss is a fucking flake.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    Umm no? Do you get paid cash or what? Either way, they can't not pay you, they either have to tell you to work harder or go home.
    thats what i thought...
    But no i get paid bi-weekly, cheques.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-02-2020 at 08:12 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

Originally posted by Rat Fink
    Illegal as fuck. Go on alberta employment standards website, print off the info you need, and cram it in his cramhole Lafleur
    wont have a job much longer after its processed if he handles it like that

and it wont be wrongful termination if they give him due warning.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

foreman told him i wasnt giving 100% today
    Um, wtf exactly is it that you do (just curious)? Last time I saw somebody give it 100% while at any of the jobs I have worked at was never. Mabye if you're on the rigs...

It is exactly like everyone else has said though. You did your hours, they legally have to pay you. Did he say no pay or deducted pay? If he literally said no pay I would have told him to go f*&k himself right there (yes, I have told employers to go f*&K themselves before). You put in a days work and everyone has a shitty day every once in a while. Hope everything works out (I still suggest finding another job though)!

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Thanks Rat Fink, im going to talk to him first thing tomorrow morning about it...
    And AE92...
    How would that be wrongful termination if i get fired for fighing over getting paid for work i did or not?

He wouldnt really have a reason to fire me

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Um, wtf exactly is it that you do (just curious)? Last time I saw somebody give it 100% while at any of the jobs I have worked at was never. Mabye if you're on the rigs...

It is exactly like everyone else has said though. You did your hours, they legally have to pay you. Did he say no pay or deducted pay? If he literally said no pay I would have told him to go f*&k himself right there (yes, I have told employers to go f*&K themselves before). You put in a days work and everyone has a shitty day every once in a while. Hope everything works out (I still suggest finding another job though)!
    hahaha... thanks man...

But yea your right ive never given 100% here, but what im saying hes referring to is my efficiency was wayyy down from usual haha..

and im just a labourer for the summer until i go back to school in september.
    Working for a roofing company

My Ride
    94' Terd

Did you sign a contract? Ask him to show you where in the contract it says you forfeit compensation for not giving it 100%.

Then ask him who determines what your capacity is, and ask him to quantify it with some sort of performance measure.

I'm pretty sure if you asked him that he would just pay you the money to avoid answering your questions.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-02-2020 at 08:12 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

Time to look for a new job. Sounds like a crappy place to work and a crappy boss to work for.

If they pull sh!t like this, who knows what else they will pull in the future.

Even in a hot job market like we have in Calgary, theres the unscrupulous and cheapskate employers who will totally screw their employees. These employers often times do it because they know their employees dont know better and wont complain - students, foreigners, those new to the workforce etc.

My Ride
    94 5.0 2004 FX4

Do what Rat Fink says.

My Ride
    Supra with a D-Plate

that guy is out for lunch! you have to get paid for your work no matter what.

My Ride
    is Invisible

let us know how it goes tomorrow, id really like to know!

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Originally posted by adidas
    let us know how it goes tomorrow, id really like to know!
    i just printed off employee/employer standards of alberta and highlighted the relevant part, im gonna talk with him tomorrow morning, if he doesnt bite im walking out the door.
    ...and then gonna phone alberta standards and get them to get me my pay haha..

Ill keep you updated though, ive Never heard of this happening before.

Just another reason to make my already shotty week worse, ANd its only Tuesday!

i just printed off employee/employer standards of alberta and highlighted the relevant part, im gonna talk with him tomorrow morning, if he doesnt bite im walking out the door.

No if he doesn't bite lay the employee/employer standards of Alberta on his desk... He will get the point.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

suspense is killing me, what happened?

Hope you did the self-help kit from Alberta Employment. Otherwise you will have to go back with it and after that fails, THEN you can go to Alberta Employment.

http://employment.alberta.ca/cps/rde....xsl/1697.html

My Ride
    '19 GTI

haha sorry..
    He ended up paying me, but im not gonna be there for much longer (my decision, not getting fired)

I think he was a little surprised i confronted him about it.
    BUt whatevs, i got my pay.
    Still is sketchy business operations though..

Tip for you all looking for labour in the future though..

Dont apply to Houston Roofing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast