Quantcast
Bad people. Another rant...car damage - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Bad people. Another rant...car damage

Default Bad people. Another rant...car damage

Long rant, so be advised

As we're all car ethus, we generally take pride and care of our cars, typically less as it ages but it's your baby you'll take care of it.

I typically park my car in the front of my house. My garage was just built a few weeks ago and I can't park my car in my garage as the contractors have my soon to be built deck building materials blocking my pad.

A few days ago, I hear a bang and my car alarm goes off.

My gf and I look out and sure enough, we see a young kid on his bicycle that crashed into my car.

We run out to inspect the car and sure enough, there's scratches on the quarter panel and bumpers.

As we're inspecting the car, the child was with his mother and the mom kept walking away (knowing that we were there inspecting the car and seen what had happened).

I chase down the mom and kid, and noticed the kid's bleeding and asked if he was alright. Mom said that he's just learning to ride a bike without training wheels and he wiped out again thus the reason why he's bleeding.

I've mentioned to her that her son hit my car and she denied the whole thing and to show her. So I did and she denied the bumper damage but admitted to the quarter panel. I said I take really good care of my car and those scratches are from her son's crash. She said she'll pay $50 to repair it. I refused as $50 won't even cover the repair and she persisting denies the other scratches. I'd said I'd call the Police as she's leaving and she said go ahead. I debated this as they're neighbours down the block.

She basically took off to take care of her son and a few minutes later came back with $40 and said this is all she has. I refused to take the money and was willing to let it go and not involve the Police. She handed me the money and took off.

My gf went to her place to give back the money and she refused again.

Now the story gets interesting.

As this happened a few days ago, I've decided not to call the Police and leave things be.

Now today after work, my car was still park out front. I inspect the car and to my surprise, there's a foot long key scratch on my door which never was there.

Now I've been living here for almost 2 years, consistantly parked out front and nothing happened except for one incident where some kid must have crashed their bike and dented/scratched my door and rode off (Unfortunately, I wasn't able to catch the culprit unlike this case).

Now it's coincidence that this keying of my car took place a few days after the 'bike crash'. By reasoning of deduction, it's very suspicious this would happen and would point to them for being the culprits.

I've called the Police and the nice constables dropped by and pretty much advised that they can talk to them but that may make things worse as they can continue to cause problems/damages.

So I've decided not to but I'll be watching closely with my camera and baseball bat.

Karma will come around.

Just my rant.

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

So if it is the lady and her kid doing the extra damage, are you going to hit her with your baseball bat if you catch her? Make sure you are recording when you do!
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

What part of town is this?

My only advice is to get surveilance around your place. Buy a kit at Costco and then youd have video evidence of anything that happened.

Damn! The values the mother is teaching that kid... Unreal.

My Ride
    is Invisible

I feel your pain....Ive been parking my car infront of my house since i dont got a garage and ive noticed a few dents on it. Every single time i see small kids riding bicycles like they got a twich in their arms. I am more then certain that some of them have hit my car.

Where do you live? We are probably close to each other!
    Last edited by adidas; 07-28-2008 at 09:49 PM.

My Ride
    09 e92 335i

Screw the bat, next time return the favor by keying their face.

But yeah, we got 2 cars parked outside at my place and never really have problems like this. They probably won't go near your car again, but buying a cam would help future problems should they come up.

That sucks. I would definitely set up surveillance, maybe for a few weeks. If you have a webcam and computer laying around, theres a great program called Digiwatcher.

My Ride
    Lease

Is she hot? Is she a single mom?

+1 start your camera

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

So at first you were mad that she was able to damage your property and get away with it. Now she's managed to keep you up at night and clutching to weapons? That's worse.
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

My Ride
    Audi quattro

well dont she own a car too? i have a bike and i can accidently crash into it and say im new to biking without training wheels...then she what she has to say....haha

My Ride
    VAG products

Originally posted by MR.Ladner
    well dont she own a car too? i have a bike and i can accidently crash into it and say im new to biking without training wheels...then she what she has to say....haha
    You'd make na ass out of yourself, but do it. And if not, punch her throat.

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

I was just going through this yesterday with a small tike, lol. I bought the camera's from costco, hopefully one day they will pay for themselves.

I live up in Coventry Hills. Yes, I understand the road is public and is shared and accidents happen.

But definately, with parenting like that, one, letting your kid ride away from you (half a block) and smashing into people's property and trying to run away from it; two, letting her child wipe out again and getting hurt. She's just fortunate at that time there wasn't a car coming around the corner.

Thanks for the sound advice of the camera. I'll soon park my car in the garage.

I was kidding about the baseball bat but definately will be on alert and if anything else happens, least it's all logged with CPS.

It's unreal that if was them that key'ed my car (which seems very likely) that they've got the balls to do it a few days after the first incident.

Wonder what people think eh?

My Ride
    /85' Corolla GTS AE86 - 20V /06' X-Runner

Go talk to the husband. See what he says about it.

My Ride
    1990 Civic SI

The only way I could respond to such disrespect is burning thier house down. Seriously... At first reading this thread I figured you were annoying car owner hell bent on prefection for... LOL paint... But after reading on.. Ive had the same shit happen, Can't say I enjoy it. Honestly I have put no money into ashtetics on my vehicle. Infact it looks like preety rough. But when people think they can walk off a good dent on my old EG they can think twice. So if its really the case I get you get a good chance to use your slugger on some punk ass kid without training wheels xD

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Originally posted by Driven Sideways
    The only way I could respond to such disrespect is burning thier house down... But when people think they can walk off a good dent on my old EG they can think twice...
    Seriously? You'd burn a house down over a six year old putting a dent in your civic?

My Ride
    240sx

Originally posted by Foz
    I live up in Coventry Hills. Yes, I understand the road is public and is shared and accidents happen.

But definately, with parenting like that, one, letting your kid ride away from you (half a block) and smashing into people's property and trying to run away from it; two, letting her child wipe out again and getting hurt. She's just fortunate at that time there wasn't a car coming around the corner.

Thanks for the sound advice of the camera. I'll soon park my car in the garage.

I was kidding about the baseball bat but definately will be on alert and if anything else happens, least it's all logged with CPS.

It's unreal that if was them that key'ed my car (which seems very likely) that they've got the balls to do it a few days after the first incident.

Wonder what people think eh?
    Whoaa i live around that area too and a couple weeks back some stupid kids we're wlaking by at night or something and sprayed what looks to be from a fireextuinguisher all o ver the vechicles parked beside my house. No damage tho but still thats whackkeddd

My Ride
    95 Acura Integra RS

crappy deal man, at least they didn't kick in your fender >>

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

that really sucks

i believe in karma as well, she'll get what she deserves, sooner or later

it sucks you were trying to be a nice guy and it bit you in the ass