Quantcast
LF: Realtor - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: LF: Realtor

Default LF: Realtor

Hey Guys,

I have a property in Airdrie which I have listed on MLS through an agent. I am not sure if things weren't clear or if my expectations are way off but I always believed that a combination of good price along with PROPER MARKETING sells a product .. including a house.

So far the house has been up for just over a month and the current realtor isn't interested in marketing the house in any form other than leaving it on MLS. I am looking for someone who will have Open Houses and potentially market the house in different ways. EG: I live in Airdrie and I am constantly getting snail mail with realtors posting a new listing in Airdrie.

Anyhoo, I can always go to one of those realtors but I figured I'd check with Beyond first .. if there are any solid referrals.

PM me if you have anyone in mind or if you are a realtor yourself, we can discuss more in detail.

Thanks.

My Ride
    04 G35 Coupe 07 Yamaha R1 08 GSXR 600

pm mywifeshot!!!!!!!!

Have a look at benvolek.ca

I know he lists them on multiple sites and when ours was listed we were getting interest from South Africa, so his marketing is definitely his strong suite.

My Ride
    yugo

I wouldn't go with anyone just because they do open houses. Open houses re good for 2 things:
    1. They let all your neighbors who were curious, have a look inside your house
    2. They let the realtors meet new people and try to get clients, most of whom are your neighbors and ren't interested in your house.

As far as I'm concerned they are a complete waste of time. Having it on MLS will help you more than any other kind of marketing, since nearly everyone has a computer and likes to do the searching for themselves. Also keep in mind that you probably have a contract with your current realtor that may not be easy to break out of. And the market is not as strong as it was a while back so things are taking much longer to sell, and not at crazy prices.

Good luck with the sale
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Thanks for the info and PMs guys ... I am in touch with a couple of realtors to get a better understanding of the market. Appreciate all your help.

My Ride
    2009 G37x

My Ride
    300C srt8, Venza, F150, Expedition

Default Re: LF: Realtor

Originally posted by w_man
    ..... I always believed that a combination of good price along with PROPER MARKETING sells............

..............has been up for just over a month......

It's actually: a price set right for the current market, not a 'good' price,.. LOL

of course as much exposure as possible

and #3

staging!! - Very important!
    if there are terrible pictures,.. or if the house isn't looking great,.. you won't have people interested at all.

I've pm'd you already

I wouldn't mind knowing your house,.. what is the current mls#

FYI: most houses are on the market for more than 2 months before they sell,.. mind you with the right price, you will get showings right away.

I've had a duplex put up with the owners understanding the market, priced accordingly and have been getting handfuls of showings every week.
    Burn some serious rubber on your Wedding Night!!

Renovating a home the hard way:
    http://propertysensei.wordpress.com/

My Ride
    2009 G37x

Agreed. Christina G uses a stager for almost all of her listings and does a lot more than just put your home on MLS, and it's definitely paid dividends. She's also usually spot on for pricing. Ultimately, you're the one who will decide on the price, but if you listen to her your house will sell for what she tells you it will instead of sitting there for months being reduced over and over because you hoped you could get more. She isn't interested in getting rid of your listing quickly by under-pricing it, but she also doesn't want you to have to deal with months of stress as you watch your asking price drop time and again with little or no interest from the public. Many realtors will tell you your place is worth a lot more than it is simply to get the listing. She won't.

Pick a good realtor who does their homework for you and will market your home properly, and listen to them when it comes to pricing. After all, you're paying them for their expertise, aren't you? If you don't trust their judgement when it comes to the price of your home, you probably should be using someone else.

www.christinag.ca for her contact info.