Quantcast
Rogers retention help - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogers retention help

Default Rogers retention help

Does anyone have any experience getting a good cell phone plan through Customer Retentions.

I used the method found on redflagdeals, telling them that I wised to cancel my phone. I thought they would transfer me to Customer Retentions, but instead they just canceled it. Luckily the cancellation was scheduled for the end of the month, so I just got it taken off.

Should I instead tell them that I am unhappy with my current plan? I've had my account with Rogers for about 1.5 years. It month-to-month, not contract, maybe that makes a difference?

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

Big difference was that you were probably not on contract then. If your on month-to-month only, then less chance you'll get any sort of a "deal" (just like the prepaid customers), unless you want to sign a 2 or 3 year commitment.

Retentions tries to keep people that are currently on contract, with them just about to end.

You don't have a contract, so big deal to them. You would probably get a deal though if you signed up to a 3-year contract (since you would be a new customer basically).

And 1.5 years as a rogers customer ain't much. Took me over 3 before I successfully got a retentions plan. To them it's all about how much money you've made them.

My Ride

I was with Telus.. I switched to rogers, called the 1-800 retention department and got a $450 phone credit, for the plan I got the following:

500 Daytime minutes
    Free evenings and weekends (starting at 5:00PM)
    Free incoming calls 24/7
    1000 minutes Canadian long distance
    5MB data (I know its not much but I got the plan 1.5 years ago)
    The biggest package of options, I think it's around $20 and includes the upper end voicemail, call waiting, call display, name display, the feature that text's you your missed phone calls if your phone is off.. 1000 text's per month and a couple other things.

They also included all 911 fee's and system access fee's. All I pay is GST.

$62 / month

With a plan like that and a credit like that I signed up for a 3 year, i'm about half way through it right now. They sent me the phone in the mail and I got it a few days later...
    Click here to check out my racing sim...

Originally posted by GQBalla
    tictactoe2004 you are scary

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

^^^
    Yeah like I said earlier, they only give the "good" deals 98% of the time to customers either already on Rogers contracts, signing a new contract, or ending contracts coming from Bell/Telus/etc.

Originally posted by toyboy88
    ^^^
    Yeah like I said earlier, they only give the "good" deals 98% of the time to customers either already on Rogers contracts, signing a new contract, or ending contracts coming from Bell/Telus/etc.
    Isn't that 100% of everyone?

My Ride
    cayenne S/250ninja

whats the rogers 1800 retnetion number>
    who says girls can't beat guys!

Originally posted by BlackArcher101
    Retentions tries to keep people that are currently on contract, with them just about to end.

You don't have a contract, so big deal to them. You would probably get a deal though if you signed up to a 3-year contract (since you would be a new customer basically).

And 1.5 years as a rogers customer ain't much. Took me over 3 before I successfully got a retentions plan. To them it's all about how much money you've made them.
    Actually, my plan was to sign a new 3-year contract (also with an iPhone). But how do I get a deal then? When I told them I wanted to sign a long-term contract, they still only offered me the deals on the website. Should I actually tell them that I want a "rentention" deal?

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

Originally posted by BlackArcher101

Isn't that 100% of everyone?
    There's people like the OP on month-to-month and prepaid who won't get any retention deals even though they've been with Rogers all long time, unless they sign a 2 or 3-year.

I also gave retentions a call today and got the following deal:

-250 mins Daytime
    -U/L evenings and weekends starting @ 5pm
    -U/L Incoming 24/7
    -100 mins Canadian Long Distance
    -Call Display
    -500 txt msging
    -50 Video/Picture Msging

On top of that i get:
    - U/L text/video/picture msging for 3 months
    - 50 Video calling mins every month for 3months

It all came to $41 Including tax/SAF/911 Fee.

I simply called and i was on the 2nd year of my 3yr contract. Just kind of implying that i was thinking of buying out my contract. Then she asked what i wanted and we worked a deal.

I mean to me its not a SUPER deal, but a lot better than the ones they advertise in stores. I am paying a lot less and got a lot more.

Originally posted by phil2118

-250 mins Daytime
    -U/L Incoming 24/7
    -Call Display
    -500 txt msging
    -50 Video/Picture Msging

On top of that i get:

I simply called and i was on the 2nd year of my 3yr contract. Just kind of implying that i was thinking of buying out my contract. Then she asked what i wanted and we worked a deal.

I mean to me its not a SUPER deal, but a lot better than the ones they advertise in stores. I am paying a lot less and got a lot more.
    So did you have to sign on for another 3 year contract, or did this plan apply to the remainder of your current 3 year contract?

Default retentions

I have dealt with Fido, Telus, Rogers (also when they where Cantel) and Bell retentions groups for many of my friends.

If you are looking to get the deal, call customer circus, imedeatly ask to speak to someone in retentions. They will always ask why. Let them know you are looking at canceling your phone becuase you can get a better deal on another network and with LPN (Local Number Portability) there is no real reason to stay with them.

Here is what I found is the MOST IMPORTANT part. When you speak to retentions, or to the customer service rep who wont believe they need to transfer you, tell them the plan you can get. I ahve always quoted a real plan, often it was a friends plan, and the price you will pay for the phone on another network.

I just recently renegotiated my plan (I was at the end of my contract) It is mth to mth and better than I could get elsewheres. They have also authorised me to get a new phone on a term contractr and they will set the term (at that time) for the length. I have spoken to a few Telus reps who have told me the plan is better than they pay.

Unlike what some others have found... I have found that when you are nearing the end of your contract, or are mth to mth, is when you get the better deals.

Hope this helps.

My Ride
    MB C63

I just got off the phone with rogers. I'm okay with my plan however the guy just told me that texting to the states now costs .25/msg if you have a texting plan or .60/msg if you don't.

This pissed me off because I do send msgs to the states. Not alot but 80-100 a month still adds up to huge amounts at 25 cents a msg. They also don't have any long distance voice packages to the states which is retarded...basically you pay out the ass to contact anyone in the US.

Anyways my plan is as follows, signed for 2 years and extended my free caller id and had voicemail added.

250 anytime
    unlimited eve/wkds
    500 text msgs
    call display
    voicemail

Total bill comes to around $35 a month after access fee, gst, etc.
    Last edited by djayz; 08-05-2008 at 12:11 PM.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Do I have any hope in getting a cheaper/better plan with a new iphone through Rogers?

I've been with them for 5+ years.... second 3 year contract is almost done.

Originally posted by 88CRX
    Do I have any hope in getting a cheaper/better plan with a new iphone through Rogers?

I've been with them for 5+ years.... second 3 year contract is almost done.
    I would suggest that yes, you would be able to get a better plan, at least on the voice part.

It should have no bearing what phone you get.

Have you already gotten the iPhone, or are you planning to?
    Cuz if you are planning to, my suggestion is to call customer relations and get a good voice plan first (without any mention of iPhone), and once you have that in place, then call in and get the iPhone. Since you already signed a contract, that won't be an issue, you'll just have to sign a 3-year data plan contract which is no problem either.

To the OP, if you read the RFD forums thoroughly, it instructs you to say you are THINKING about cancelling. If you say you want to cancel, they'll cancel hahaha. Just say you were offered a deal from Telus (and give them details to it) and that you are thikning of switching over but you like Rogers so you wnated to see what they had to offer.

I just got them to give me the iphone and a retention plan. Just had to add $30 for the data plan.

I was 1 year into a 3 year contract but have been with them for 2 years before that.

My Ride
    POS Voyager

Originally posted by gabbo
    I just got them to give me the iphone and a retention plan. Just had to add $30 for the data plan.

I was 1 year into a 3 year contract but have been with them for 2 years before that.

how much did you have to pay for iphone?

i am in my near to 1st year of 3 year contract and i called them up...got 250 for iphone 35 for activiation fees

so 300 bucks and have to add data plan which will be 60/month

is that good or can i do better?

My Ride
    MB C63

the data plan should be $30 for 6gigs.

Originally posted by FreakinPrince

how much did you have to pay for iphone?

i am in my near to 1st year of 3 year contract and i called them up...got 250 for iphone 35 for activiation fees

so 300 bucks and have to add data plan which will be 60/month

is that good or can i do better?
    Data plan is $30/6 GB.

And I thikn that's the standard price for the iPhone isn't it?

Originally posted by phil2118

-250 mins Daytime
    -U/L Incoming 24/7
    -Call Display
    -500 txt msging
    -50 Video/Picture Msging

On top of that i get:

I also just called today and added U/L Roger2Rogers so now it comes to a total of $47 including tax/everything.

Originally posted by holden

So did you have to sign on for another 3 year contract, or did this plan apply to the remainder of your current 3 year contract?
    No, they didn't make me resign at all. So in other words i got lucky with the first lady i talked to. She agreed to give a lot to me for a good price and keep my contract as is.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast