Quantcast
Rogers retention help - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Rogers retention help

My Ride
    '04 Civic, '07 Element SC

Without reading 5 pages...

I just refreshed my plan, having been a rogers customer for about 9 years now.
    I was paying about $78 total for my Iphone 3g a month and managed to get more out of my plan and now paying about $63 total.

The key to working out a good deal is to have some ammo. Look at Fido, Telus, etc and look at comparable plans. See what they offer for similar pricing. See what kind of incentive they can give you for being a continued customer. Ask them to be honest about what they can give and not give.

By the end of my call, I felt like I could have gone for coffee with the girl, a bit of a "chatty Cathy."

I picked up my iphone4, was charged an activation fee and $10 for a new sim card. They told me I'd be reimbursed by rogers, so I called in and the guy said it was not standard policy to charge for a replacement sim card on a new activation, but would not budge to give me back the $35 activation. I thought it was BS, since I've had it waived in the past, was starting another 3 year plan, etc. In the end I gave up on it and they gave me a credit on the sim card on good will.

coles notes: have a reason to get a deal. ie. comparison shopping, long term customer, see what you do/don't use on your current plan and see how that can be converted to an area of use that you'd prefer. I think if you've done your homework, they appreciate that, rather than just calling up and yelling and saying "give me a deal."

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

With all the free stuff they are and can offer you and low prices I wonder how much more mobile plans cost to account for this. Needless to say I do it too.

Originally posted by Troll-ol
    How much would this plan be with unlimited text? 2500 isn't near enough. Also who did you contact to get this deal?
    Talked to Retentions - it took a few years to slowly work my way to that. Kept improving my plan here and there, got more mins, more discounts etc.

As for U/L text, I'm not sure how much extra it would be, maybe $5-10 max? 2500 is enough for me.

Hey guys, my contract expires in a couple months and rogers offered me this deal for the iphone 4:

200 min unlimited nights/weekends starting @ 6 pm
    unlimited extreme texts
    call id + voicemail
    my 10 canada wide
    1 GB data

$50 + tax
    Oh and its $160 for the phone

What do you guys think?

My Ride
    Talon tsi awd

Originally posted by 24gtis2
    Hey guys, my contract expires in a couple months and rogers offered me this deal for the iphone 4:

unlimited extreme texts
    call id + voicemail
    my 10 canada wide
    1 GB data

$50 + tax

What do you guys think?
    Better than mine! I'd take it.

My Ride
    ralli///art, 09 zx6r

Originally posted by 24gtis2

unlimited extreme texts
    call id + voicemail
    my 10 canada wide
    1 GB data

$50 + tax

What do you guys think?
    take it. i have the same plan minus the my 10 but i have 6gb data and extra 100 mins and i pay $45 after tax.

My Ride
    2003 RSX Type S

Alright, my Rogers plan will expire in a couple months. My current plans is:

250min voice
    Unlim. Wknd/Evenings @ 6pm
    Free incoming calls
    Free Rogers-to-Rogers calls
    No Data or Texts =(

All for about $30 per month after everything. What do you guys think I can aim to get this time around? I'm thinking of getting some texts added, not too many, but some would be convenient. I still don't think I need much data, if any. Ideas?

By the way, I'm looking to get the iPhone 5.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Good luck... retention department has turned into a steaming pile of shit.

My retention plan was audited a couple months ago and $7/month added to my bill without them telling me. After an hour long phone call with Rogers (they were extremely argumentative and wouldn't even listen to me) they changed some stuff around and fixed it but what a pain in the ass. On top of that my retention plan isn't even anything special. Save maybe $10/month over regular plans.

Originally posted by 88CRX
    Good luck... retention department has turned into a steaming pile of shit.

My retention plan was audited a couple months ago and $7/month added to my bill without them telling me. After an hour long phone call with Rogers (they were extremely argumentative and wouldn't even listen to me) they changed some stuff around and fixed it but what a pain in the ass. On top of that my retention plan isn't even anything special. Save maybe $10/month over regular plans.
    Christ i hope they dont audit my plan. I a LOT of discounts haha

You do realize this thread is older and contains the same if not more information that the one you posted right?

My Ride
    Blue boy

Hey guys, my contract expires in a couple days and rogers offered me this deal for the iphone 4s:

unlimited sms
    call id
    100 international texts
    my 10 canada wide
    500mb data

$41.95 + tax

and its $134 for the iPhone 4Gs 16GB

OR

250 min unlimited nights/weekends starting @ 6 pm
    caller id and vm
    100 international texts
    unlimited canada sms
    unlimited incoming
    rogers to rogers

$36.92

I am currently on this plan, but they won't let me renew this as apparently they are not allowed to "stack that much credits anymore"

Call display and name display
    enchanced voicemail
    unlimited sms & mms messaging
    100 long distance minutes in canada
    call waiting
    3-way calling
    call forwarding

It alll comes out to $32 a month

What do you guys think?

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by G-ZUS
    Hey guys, my contract expires in a couple days and rogers offered me this deal for the iphone 4s:

unlimited sms
    call id
    100 international texts
    my 10 canada wide
    500mb data

$41.95 + tax

OR

caller id and vm
    100 international texts
    unlimited canada sms
    unlimited incoming
    rogers to rogers

$36.92

I am currently on this plan, but they won't let me renew this as apparently they are not allowed to "stack that much credits anymore"

enchanced voicemail
    call waiting
    3-way calling
    call forwarding

What do you guys think?
    Dump rogers. Rogers retention plans are pathetic, and if you plan to use your phone even just a little, you will burn through 500mb easily.

Don't sign yourself up for 3 years to a crappy deal just to get a crappy iphone 4s, which will be replaced later this year anyways. Plenty of other great phones out there and more coming shortly.

I just left rogers after 14 years to mobilicity and it has been great for me, but may not work for everyone. For $25 per month I get everything unlimited. If their coverage works for you as it works out for me, their prices can't be beat. I got a Nokia Lumia 710 from rogers just before I ditched them and it works wonderfully on mobilicity. no iphones though as they don't support the bands required, at least not yet with the current offerings

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by eblend

Dump rogers. Rogers retention plans are pathetic, and if you plan to use your phone even just a little, you will burn through 500mb easily.

Don't sign yourself up for 3 years to a crappy deal just to get a crappy iphone 4s, which will be replaced later this year anyways. Plenty of other great phones out there and more coming shortly.

I just left rogers after 14 years to mobilicity and it has been great for me, but may not work for everyone. For $25 per month I get everything unlimited. If their coverage works for you as it works out for me, their prices can't be beat. I got a Nokia Lumia 710 from rogers just before I ditched them and it works wonderfully on mobilicity. no iphones though as they don't support the bands required, at least not yet with the current offerings
    I was leaning more towards the voice and text plan as opposed to the data plan.

caller id and vm
    100 international texts
    unlimited canada sms
    unlimited incoming
    rogers to rogers

$36.92
    I don't really use the phone that much, I guess they look at your wireless usage and offer you something based on that?

How is mobilicity's service?

My Ride
    a minivan, a maxima, and a KLR

Resurrecting an old thread...

I noticed on my bill today that the discounts I received as part of a retention deal nearly 3 years ago are going to expire in 2 months. I was under the assumption that a retention deal was not a limited time offer. My monthly charges are going to increase from $44 to $76, which really pisses me off because I'm not a heavy user of minutes, texts, or data. I've been pretty happy with Rogers up until this point, but now I'm stuck with them for another 3 years because I renewed when I upgraded to the HTC One a month ago. My bill from that month did not mention that the discounts were ending Jul 31st...bastards.

After being a loyal customer for 12 years, they have finally pissed me off. I doubt there's anything I can do at this point except suck it up for 3 years and then find a better deal with another provider.

My Ride
    05 Civic

Originally posted by Cowtown_Raider
    Resurrecting an old thread...

I noticed on my bill today that the discounts I received as part of a retention deal nearly 3 years ago are going to expire in 2 months. I was under the assumption that a retention deal was not a limited time offer. My monthly charges are going to increase from $44 to $76, which really pisses me off because I'm not a heavy user of minutes, texts, or data. I've been pretty happy with Rogers up until this point, but now I'm stuck with them for another 3 years because I renewed when I upgraded to the HTC One a month ago. My bill from that month did not mention that the discounts were ending Jul 31st...bastards.

After being a loyal customer for 12 years, they have finally pissed me off. I doubt there's anything I can do at this point except suck it up for 3 years and then find a better deal with another provider.
    Why don't you call them and give them the speal? I have a feeling they would give you a similar retention deal

My Ride
    02 Civic LX

Originally posted by G-ZUS

unlimited sms
    call id
    100 international texts
    my 10 canada wide
    500mb data

$41.95 + tax

OR

caller id and vm
    100 international texts
    unlimited canada sms
    unlimited incoming
    rogers to rogers

$36.92

enchanced voicemail
    call waiting
    3-way calling
    call forwarding

What do you guys think?
    Rogers must have dropped their prices big time, when I left them a year ago I was paying $80-$90 for pretty much the same package.

I'm on Wind and love it. $40 a month for unlimited text, voice, data, and canada long distance. AND things like voicemail and caller ID are included (as they should be), Rogers used to charge me $7/mo for EACH of those.

What -relk- said. Discount codes are applied to account just like all other codes, so depending on when they're applied to your account, they won't align with your contract dates. If you call into retentions and express your concern in a friendly way, they should apply discounts to your account again.

Having said that - discount codes changed so you may or may not receive the same discounts you had before. This could be a bad thing, it could also be a good thing, depending on what the new codes are. It's potentially a time where you can negotiate a bit as well and try to drive your price lower.

I find the key is to be friendly but firm - let them know what you need but don't be a dick about it. And if it's not satisfactory to you, you can always call back another time and chat with a different rep.

My Ride
    a minivan, a maxima, and a KLR

It's worth a try and I will call them but I'm already locked in for 3 years - they have me by the short and curlies for the next 35 months. However, from what I've been reading on various forums, Rogers has seriously cracked down on retention deals and giving out discounts.

Has anyone recently had any luck getting a retentions deal renewed?

Originally posted by thrasher22

Rogers must have dropped their prices big time, when I left them a year ago I was paying $80-$90 for pretty much the same package.

I'm on Wind and love it. $40 a month for unlimited text, voice, data, and canada long distance. AND things like voicemail and caller ID are included (as they should be), Rogers used to charge me $7/mo for EACH of those.
    I recently helped my gf call in to work out a new plan. She was paying $80 or so, I had all my research done and ready to fight for a cheap plan but it was absolutely painless. Maybe it was just the rep we got this time but he made it seamless.

She got unlimited calling (not just evenings or weekends, unlimited, period)
    Unlimited text including picture etc.
    Call display, call waiting, voicemail etc.
    3GB data
    $60+tax (no other fees) and discount on the S4 (no activation fee)

I have a retentions plan myself that I've negotiated over my years at Rogers.
    400 Daytime mins
    Unlim eve/weekends starting at 6
    CD, CW, VM
    2000 text
    6GB data
    $50+tax (I think I pay the $2 911 fee)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 LastLast