Quantcast
a cop story - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: a cop story

My Ride
    05 vitz/echo

Default a cop story

ok so im driving down bowness rd. and by a store ( marys cornor store ) there ia a 90o turn so i hit it about 50 ........ i get pulled over cop says " u were going fast around that cornor dont u think"

i say" i was doing 50"
    cop points to a sign " the sign says 30"
    me " the sign recomends 30"

cop looks at the sign again and says slow down and walks away

crapy story but its sweet so see a cop wrong and pissed
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

i'd say but i love to piss off cops so i'm gonna give you a big

My Ride
    ACR/EG/FJZ80/DC4/DC2/22RE

You could have received a ticket for stunting or driving in a unsafe manner.

why dont they just give people $1000000000000 tickets for breathing air and be done with it? Cops need to do something useful, fight crime or some shit like i read about in comic books.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by BigMass
    why dont they just give people $1000000000000 tickets for breathing air and be done with it? Cops need to do something useful, fight crime or some shit like i read about in comic books.
    Travel

My Ride
    2Look slk

Last edited by kaput; 03-13-2019 at 12:55 AM.

My Ride
    pedals

Originally posted by rice_eater
    i'd say but i love to piss off cops so i'm gonna give you a big
    well you do realize there is a difference between the areas in the police force. For example, homicide deals with murders, Narcotics (vice???WTF was i thinking) deals with drugs, and traffic devision gives out tickets. Thats their job. There already ARE cops out solving crimes, and there not doing too bad a job. Now the traffic cops also deal in crime, but they are more along the lines of judges than investigators most of the time. But back to my point, its thier job to give out tickets. If a person is breaking the LAW, they cannot complain about a ticket, It was deserved. Now in this case, veedub was right, the cop was wrong. Good on him. But im kinda tired of hearing some folks badmouthing the the police. they do thier job and its to stop dumbass folk such as ourselves from speeding and in general acting a fool whilest driving.

BTW- did you just mention that your an avid reader of comic books?
    Last edited by hjr; 09-05-2003 at 04:05 PM.

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Originally posted by hjr

well you do realize there is a difference between the areas in the police force. For example, homicide deals with murders, vice deals with drugs, and traffic devision gives out tickets. Thats their job. There already ARE cops out solving crimes, and there not doing too bad a job. Now the traffic cops also deal in crime, but they are more along the lines of judges than investigators most of the time. But back to my point, its thier job to give out tickets. If a person is breaking the LAW, they cannot complain about a ticket, It was deserved. Now in this case, veedub was right, the cop was wrong. Good on him. But im kinda tired of hearing some folks badmouthing the the police. they do thier job and its to stop dumbass folk such as ourselves from speeding and in general acting a fool whilest driving.
    We don't need your lesson in police issues.

I guess that explains why the traffic cop pulls me me over thinking I have drugs and a murderer and decide that I need excessive screaming at me while both are approaching with their guns drawn ready to possibly shoot me,....oh it's because they are only traffic cops that wish they were on "vice" or "homicide"!

I have no personal respect for police these days. They will need to earn the respect back to me.

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

Originally posted by Hollywood
    I have no personal respect for police these days. They will need to earn the respect back to me.
    Agreed. Well said!

Peter

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Vice cops don't deal with drugs....that would be narcotics cops. Vice deals with prostitution and stuff like that.

I agree that they're just trying to do their job.....they have a job to do just like everyone else. Sucks for them they get such a bad rap cause some of the cops are assholes.

I've had encounters with plenty of asshole cops who think they're the king shit and they get no respect from me cause they are the type of people who demand respect from you just because they're wearing a uniform. I've also had run in's with cops that are pretty chillin and easy going and experiences of getting tickets from them was actually not a bad thing cause they talked to me like I was an actual human being and not someone "below" them.
    Last edited by Ajay; 09-05-2003 at 11:33 AM.

My Ride
    335i

I guess that explains why the traffic cop pulls me me over thinking I have drugs and a murderer and decide that I need excessive screaming at me while both are approaching with their guns drawn ready to possibly shoot me,....oh it's because they are only traffic cops that wish they were on "vice" or "homicide"!

Right.

Because every cop that has pulled me over has their gun drawn when approaching the car. Have you ever thought about why he did that? Did you give him a reason to? And if not, did you stop to think about the homicide that took place a day/week/month earlier whose description matched yours? Or were you too busy thinking about why the cop "screamed" at you. Awww.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

My Ride
    pedals

We don't need your lesson in police issues.

So what you saying is that they thought you had drugs and had killed someone and were therefore dangerous. Well i guess i dont get it. If i though somebody was dangerous i would sure have my gun drawn. I mean Boo Hoo, they didnt shoot you, they didnt charge you with murder or whatever. No big deal. Would you really rather they didnt pull suspected criminal incase it was someone else who might feel all bad inside? Probably not. I understand that i would suck to be in that situation. Suck indeed, but their actions, from you description, seem More than justified.
    Last edited by hjr; 09-05-2003 at 04:13 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by Weapon_R

Right.

Because every cop that has pulled me over has their gun drawn when approaching the car. Have you ever thought about why he did that? Did you give him a reason to? And if not, did you stop to think about the homicide that took place a day/week/month earlier whose description matched yours? Or were you too busy thinking about why the cop "screamed" at you. Awww.

Originally posted by hjr

So what you saying is that they thought you had drugs and had killed someone and were therefore dangerous. Well i guess i dont get it. If i though somebody was dangerous i would sure have my gun drawn. I mean Boo Hoo, they didnt shoot you, they didnt charge you with murder or whatever. No big deal. Would you really rather they didnt pull suspected criminal incase it was someone else who might feel all bad inside? Probably not. I understand that i would suck to be in that situation. Suck indeed, but their actions, from you description, seem More than justified.
    Fuck you both, you don't know shit. WeaponR I was getting pulled over when you were still trying to get in Mary Jane Rotten Crotch's panties in grade 6, so I can tell you I don't need any schooling from any of you.

Your rationales are "excuses" for the stereo typing that is going on. I was going to the movies with my girlfriend doing 78 in a 60 zone, dont think that was worth the threats., yelling, guns, and harrasment. But this was only 1 event. I carry a tape recorder with me now in my car for when I get pulled over.

WeaponR I was getting pulled over when you were still trying to get in Mary Jane Rotten Crotch's panties in grade 6, so I can tell you I don't need any schooling from any of you.

I carry a tape recorder with me now in my car for when I get pulled over.
    You must be old if you still carry a tape recorder. My want to enter 1995 and get a video camera.. might be more effective to document your police 'harassment'.

My Ride
    too young to drive

Once, my dad got pulled over in his truck in America and he thought it was because he wasn't wearing his seatbelt, which he wasn't. So when the cop was walking to the truck my dad quickly fastened the seatbelt and the cop didn't even notice, gave my pops a ticket for speeding.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

Regardless of what anyone says, some cops are nice and some are assholes. The asshole cops make all the cops look bad. I've gotten a seatbelt ticket in front of a grocery store. I always buckle up once I pull out of my parking stall and start driving. As soon as I got into my car and started pulling out, a cop in a bike pulled up and gave me a ticket for no seat belt (I was just pulling out of the parking spot), sure I was in the wrong but come on, and he treated me like a peice of shit. I've also had cops let me go for speeding and no registration (didn't have it with me) and he treated me like a human being. So save all the bashing, some cops decent, some are shit...nothin you can do about it. It is probably alot better in Calgary than in the states.

My Ride

Originally posted by sxtasy
    Regardless of what anyone says, some cops are nice and some are assholes. The asshole cops make all the cops look bad.
    I never said there were no nice cops. But remember your own quote;

"The asshole cops make all the cops look bad"= No respect for any of them for me.

I'm done with this thread, not looking at it again.

My Ride
    87 RX-7 GX

pigs are funny when they get proved wrong by kids lol theres this cop in s-more trying to ticket people over for speeding and were coming up behind him and we pull up to him and say its kinda hard to pull someone over with your bliker going off and you litte flashing light in the back and the cop is alike "oh well i guess i better be going to another spot now" gets in his car all red fased and drives off

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast