Quantcast
Cops are all a**holes - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops are all a**holes

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Default Cops are all a**holes

...oh wait, no they aren't:

I was coming up Stoney Trail last week from 16th Ave all the way up to Crowchild. I was stuck in a pack of traffic, and finally made it through and had some open road when one of Calgary's finest points at me and waves me to the shoulder. Crap. I honestly wasn't even sure how fast I was going.

He comes up to the window with his laser in hand, and shows me the reading on the back of 94. I've never ever had an officer show me their radar/laser before and I thought that was pretty cool. The bad part came when he informed me I was in a construction zone where the limit was 60. He asked if I had a reason to be going so fast and I informed him that I was stuck in a pack of traffic because this truck was going really slow, and when I was trying to get past the truck I must have been looking at the other lane where he was and missed the signs, and now I know why the truck was going so slow... haha. I asked him how long it had been 60 and he told me it was a month and a half. I'm sure they here the story of not realizing what the limit was all the time, so I figure I'm pretty screwed.

He comes back and lets me know that the fine should be $422 because they are double in a construction zone, but he's only giving me the regular $211 ticket. Not too bad at all, I got off lucky.

Two days later he calls my house and tells me not to pay the ticket, he forgot to put a couple pieces of information on it, and he'll have to come collect my copy some time the next week.

I was very impressed. I would have paid this without even noticing that there was some missing information, and the guy is going out of his way to let me know I don't have to pay it and to come pick it up. Even if I did have to pay it, the way he conducted himself when he pulled me over was very courteous, especially considering I was the prick that just blew through a construction zone at 34 over the limit. Glad to know we have a guy like that patrolling the streets. For all the cop hate on here, I figured I should share my story.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I am not going to spew my whole story again on this message board, but last winter I was stopped by the cops too. They should have thrown the book at me, there was so many things to nab me for. I could have been facing multiple fines/tickets, and maybe even "lightly criminal" charges.

In the end, and after establishing I AM a law abiding citizen, they gave me a speeding ticket. I maintain that my lack of criminal record along with being kind and polite helped me a ton. I happily paid my single ticket.

That cop really went above and beyond for you too. I think it all depends on the cop you get, and how you act towards him. Still - to call you and tell you not to pay it is something else. You must have a horseshoe up your butt!

And many on here will maintain you must be white as well.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Default Re: Cops are all a**holes

Originally posted by bspot
    ...oh wait, no they aren't:

I was coming up Stoney Trail last week from 16th Ave all the way up to Crowchild. I was stuck in a pack of traffic, and finally made it through and had some open road when one of Calgary's finest points at me and waves me to the shoulder. Crap. I honestly wasn't even sure how fast I was going.

He comes up to the window with his laser in hand, and shows me the reading on the back of 94. I've never ever had an officer show me their radar/laser before and I thought that was pretty cool. The bad part came when he informed me I was in a construction zone where the limit was 60. He asked if I had a reason to be going so fast and I informed him that I was stuck in a pack of traffic because this truck was going really slow, and when I was trying to get past the truck I must have been looking at the other lane where he was and missed the signs, and now I know why the truck was going so slow... haha. I asked him how long it had been 60 and he told me it was a month and a half. I'm sure they here the story of not realizing what the limit was all the time, so I figure I'm pretty screwed.

He comes back and lets me know that the fine should be $422 because they are double in a construction zone, but he's only giving me the regular $211 ticket. Not too bad at all, I got off lucky.

Two days later he calls my house and tells me not to pay the ticket, he forgot to put a couple pieces of information on it, and he'll have to come collect my copy some time the next week.

I was very impressed. I would have paid this without even noticing that there was some missing information, and the guy is going out of his way to let me know I don't have to pay it and to come pick it up. Even if I did have to pay it, the way he conducted himself when he pulled me over was very courteous, especially considering I was the prick that just blew through a construction zone at 34 over the limit. Glad to know we have a guy like that patrolling the streets. For all the cop hate on here, I figured I should share my story.

You know that the cop was gay and this was his sly way to come over to your house and anally rape you

But congrats on your luck
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    72 Virgins

Originally posted by Kloubek
    They should have thrown the book at me, there was so many things to nab me for. I could have been facing multiple fines/tickets, and maybe even "lightly criminal" charges.

In the end, and after establishing I AM a law abiding citizen, they gave me a speeding ticket.
    Please explain how you are a law breaker (lightly criminal..that's a new one) in one paragraph, yet in the next you "establish" that you are a law abiding citizen. Please explain that. Thanks.

Anyway, bspot that's a good story that shows we should always try to see the individual - that cop certainly must have.
    Originally posted by Spoons
    I can't even count the amount of times I took a pill with meth, heroine, speed, you name it laced with it. You gotta be careful.

On friday I was going to a buds house to drop something off. So i parked my car facing the wrong way. I look out the window and see that a cruiser is parked beside my car. I go out and apologize, and tell them i was just dropping something off, and was on my way. I was very polite and listened to everything they had to say.

In the end I get a ticket for driving on the wrong side of the road.

It turns out the insurance paper I had in my car was not even a month expired and got a ticket for "failure to produce insurance" even though I asked them to wait for someone from my house to drive it over.

COPS are fuckin retards.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by G-Suede

Please explain how you are a law breaker (lightly criminal..that's a new one) in one paragraph, yet in the next you "establish" that you are a law abiding citizen. Please explain that. Thanks.
    Sometimes people drive like dumbasses but aren't necessarily criminals. I know it's a stupid revelation, but I figured that it might make sense to those with brains that extend beyond a keyboard.

Originally posted by Street_Soldier
    On friday I was going to a buds house to drop something off. So i parked my car facing the wrong way. I look out the window and see that a cruiser is parked beside my car. I go out and apologize, and tell them i was just dropping something off, and was on my way. I was very polite and listened to everything they had to say.

In the end I get a ticket for driving on the wrong side of the road.

It turns out the insurance paper I had in my car was not even a month expired and got a ticket for "failure to produce insurance" even though I asked them to wait for someone from my house to drive it over.

COPS are fuckin retards.
    wait wait a sec....

you didnt have valid insurance papers and you drove on the wrong side of the road and its the cops fault that he gave you a ticket?

holy cow im glad i wasnt raised with the sense of entitlement that some people have...

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Street_Soldier

COPS are fuckin retards.

you are an idiot. it should never be expired. the cops are not at your convenience.

back on topic. that sounds like a very courteous officer.
    Last edited by schocker; 08-05-2008 at 09:20 PM.

I woudn't belive my own story if it didn't actually happen..

Southbound deerfoot heading home a little after 10pm.. traffic was pretty much doing a mixture of 110-120.. I was in the far left lane and needed to exit on mckenzie blvd.. so I sped up to get in front of some traffic and moved over to the right lane.. as I got onto the exit, I looked in my rear view to see a set of lights coming up pretty fast behind me.. last time I checked my speed I was at about 140ish (I was doing 120 all the way down deerfoot until this point).. I swore under my breath as I figured I just blew my 10 year clean driving record..
    Anyways as I got onto the blvd, he pulled me over... Cop who looked to be in his late 20's early 30's walked up to the car..
    "Good evening sir, do you know why I pulled you over?"
    "Yes sir, I was going a little fast back there"
    "Yup, you were doing about 140 back there.. can I see your license and registration please?"

I hand him my documents and he walked back to his cruiser.. I started to prepare myself for a big ticket.. possibly a pink one..after about 5 mins he returns to the side of my car

"I'll tell you what I'm going to have you do.. You're going to exit the vehicle, stand over on the grass there..." , At this point I'm wondering what the hell he just pulled up while running my license and if I was about to have my car towed.. he continued "I'm going to take your car and drive it up the block and turn around.. if I can reach the same speed as you were doing on my way back, I'll let you off.."

WTF?? It took a few seconds for things to register in my mind.. was this some sort of joke? where was the hidden camera??

He paused for a bit then laughed "no no, I'm just kidding... You know sir, the speed you were doing back there, we sometimes do when in emergencies.. I don't think you were in an emergency.."

I replied "You're right.. I was just heading home after a very long day at work and just wanted to get there.. I'm sorry"

"Well, as long as you're sorry" .. he proceeds to hand me back my license and insurance... I'm sure my jaw dropped in disbelief.. I was in shock..

"You seem to be the kind of guy who likes to drive nice cars"
    Still in shock "Yeah, I guess so.."
    "Have you done any modifications to your car?"
    "No, not really"
    "Just the rims eh?"
    "Yeah.."
    "okay, well you have a safe trip home" ..

I couldn't belive I just got out of a ticket... and I wished that I wasn't in so much shock and disbelief at the time that I could have had more of a discussion with the officer.. I really wanted to know why he was actually letting me off with just a warning.. unfortunately I wasn't in the proper frame of mind at the time...

No, not all cops are dicks..

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Odd he has to come and "pick up" your copy...
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

what kind of car were you driving chris?
    Mr. Peanut (Niel): George... I win

My Ride
    Lease

***Pardon my ignorance in the legal system, I'm just thinking out loud here***

Maybe the officer did make a clerical mistake, but then realizes: "oh shit, that ticket has the location and I gave the guy a freebie off construction zone, I need the ticket back in case this goes to the courts I don't want the crown thinking I got free head... so I better pick this ticket up, and to see if I can get a little somethin' somethin"

Anyhow, good to hear you got a freebie.

nice stories

i've had mostly positive experiences with cps. always polite, honest, and have no record....

a few months ago i ran out to the store and without even thinking of it, i left my drivers license at my apartment. i was not paying attention and rolled through a stop sign. no one around but a cop

he asks me wth were you doing yada yada. then asks me why I have a tinted license plate cover on my car (cdn tire $20 - has saved me probably 1000 worth of tickets )

all I had was my insurance papers on me. he took them and came back with a ticket for running the stop sign. he then informed me I could have had:

1 ticket for covered licese plate
    1 ticket for no license
    1 ticket for incorrect address on insurance docs
    1 ticket for incorrect address on license
    + 1 ticket for running stop sign.

There are some good guys on the force *salutes*

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I was testing my meth injection on the new tune I got, and after 2 short blasts with no meth, she kicked in and I was REALLY sideways going 80-100 in a quiet residential street (no cars, houses around) at midnight. I got pulled over, told the truth, was nice to the cop, explained I was testing my methanol injection which genuinely surprised me when it kicked in and got off with a failure to produce insurance ticket (left it at home a block away).

I could've gotten Stunting, speeding, and apparently failure to stop at a stop sign (I rolled thru a red light right turn I guess).
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by signature7
    what kind of car were you driving chris?
    mazdaspeed6

My Ride
    09 e92 335i

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    ***Pardon my ignorance in the legal system, I'm just thinking out loud here***

Maybe the officer did make a clerical mistake, but then realizes: "oh shit, that ticket has the location and I gave the guy a freebie off construction zone, I need the ticket back in case this goes to the courts I don't want the crown thinking I got free head... so I better pick this ticket up, and to see if I can get a little somethin' somethin"

Anyhow, good to hear you got a freebie.
    Makes sense, incoming cock meat sandwich?

Originally posted by rage2
    ...got off with a failure to produce insurance ticket (left it at home a block away).

That's pretty funny, but lucky!

Only luck I've had with cops was when I made a quick trip to Timmy's down a couple blocks and forgot to turn on my headlights on the way back (it wasn't that dark yet) and cops pulled me over but let me off with a warning.

But I've had some bad luck too! Long story but basically cops mistaken me and some buddies for some guys with guns apparently and they had at least 20 cops surround us with guns pointed. Not cool.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Last week, I drove 120km/h through a construction zone where the speed limit was 30, then I cruised at 170km/h for the rest of the drive along a highway where the limit was 100km/h. I would have gone faster, but the car topped out at around that speed.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by G-Suede

It means that I've driven like a douche more than once. In this particular case, I was being especially idiotic. I didn't stop for their lights, and gunned it instead. I was speeding. Didn't signal. Cut two cars off, then pulled into a side road with my lights off. The car was unregistered at the time, plus I had pepper spray and a knife in my car.

The ticket I got was actually for no registration - but they let me off on everything else.

But as far as a criminal record - I have none.

Clear enough for you now?
    Last edited by Kloubek; 08-06-2008 at 12:13 PM.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    Last week, I drove 120km/h through a construction zone where the speed limit was 30, then I cruised at 170km/h for the rest of the drive along a highway where the limit was 100km/h. I would have gone faster, but the car topped out at around that speed.
    Cool story, Hansel.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast