Quantcast
Show your tattoo - Page 63 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 53 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1283

Thread: Show your tattoo

Just finished 22 hours of hand done tebori tattoo work on this Jorogumo Yokai tattoo on my right upper leg. Crazy piece by Doug Fink of Bushido Tattoo!

Name:  IMG_20191223_195629_142.jpg
Views: 876
Size:  69.7 KB

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Can anyone recommend someone that is good at gray scale?
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

Lots of shops in Calgary have excellent artists working black and grey, but many artists.prefer certain subject matters. What kind of stuff? Dark and demented? Portrait work? Japanese? Etc...

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lots of shops in Calgary have excellent artists working black and grey, but many artists.prefer certain subject matters. What kind of stuff? Dark and demented? Portrait work? Japanese? Etc...
    This, but also ashla.k
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

https://instagram.com/rileyhogantatt...d=81aowduph74c

https://instagram.com/666moose999?igshid=ys73sdfhdy20

https://instagram.com/alex.capatina....=1q7dmzbivasgm

https://instagram.com/injunchristatt...d=ur5il6y3c9ju

It goes on and on... You just need to research and find an artist who's style you identify with and let them do their thing rather than dictate to them what to tattoo.

6hrs to start my sleeve.Name:  20200218_201519.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  38.9 KB

Looking at the tattoo, I recall my first lessons in HTML layout

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Anyone able to tag some artists that would be able to do a tattoo in a electronics / circuit board style?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Funny I was the last post here. Flip flopped a bunch of times over the past couple years but finally got a piece done

First session is done, probably another of linework for the outside of my arm to finish the half sleeve and a bit of my shoulder too and then another session of shading.

Done by Instagram: Manca_ Name:  PXL_20210713_234908433.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  156.9 KB

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Eye Carumba!

I'm hoping to start more in a couple weeks myself!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    This and that.

Looks super cool. The portion in the armpit area is going to hurt like hell. I still get some jitters when I think about my session.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Looks super cool. The portion in the armpit area is going to hurt like hell. I still get some jitters when I think about my session.
    It was rough, the flames were the last bit and was pretty done at that point. I don't think we're adding any more in the armpit besides some shading in the flames. Though also not sure, we'll see what she comes up with for the rest. Hopefully late fall or something.

Bringing this thread from the dead.

I must be having some mid-life crisis here because I got a new car on order, I got a new position...and now the last several weeks I've been thinking of getting a tattoo. Specifically a dragon (ya typical I know) on one side of my neck. Perhaps to the point where it flows down to my traps or clavicle area. Probably just black and white.

SO, would like some recommendations where to go, expected cost, time, pain rating, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Seks View Post
    Bringing this thread from the dead.

I must be having some mid-life crisis here because I got a new car on order, I got a new position...and now the last several weeks I've been thinking of getting a tattoo. Specifically a dragon (ya typical I know) on one side of my neck. Perhaps to the point where it flows down to my traps or clavicle area. Probably just black and white.

SO, would like some recommendations where to go, expected cost, time, pain rating, etc
    You might find many of the top level guys hesitant to tattoo such a prominent spot if this is your first piece ever. Not saying nobody will, but expect some pushback. They are doing their jobs by doing so and do not be offended. They are only looking out for your best interests. It is easier now than it once was for sure, but still they usually want to see a person who has lived with some prominent work before committing to such a placement.

As for cost, there are a ton of variables like design, intricacy, size, artist hourly rate (good artists are not cheap and cheap artists are not good) etc. You could be anywhere from mid to high hundreds to into the thousands.

Pain depends on the person. I know serious tattoo guys who absolutely hated getting the spot done and for me it was cake. Everyone has different thresholds of pain in different areas, but it is generally consider a sensitive area.

For design, nothing wrong with a dragon ever! Super time tested and traditional motif. If you are thinking Japanese and not European style, I have no issue recommending Doug Fink of Bushido Tattoo at all! That guy is probably one of the most well versed in true tradtinal Japanese tattooing in the city if not the country. He has a Japanese master he spends time studying with in Japan and his master works here with him often as well. Doug is one of the very few doing true tebori tattooing and is phenomenal, but he of course does machine work as well.

https://www.instagram.com/horihyo/

This said there are tons of top level guys who can lay in some sick Japanese work in this city. I just like Doug for the true tradition of it all and I have 3 separate tebori pieces alone from him along with a couple machine pieces. He is definitely worth a consult!
    Last edited by tirebob; 11-07-2021 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    You might find many of the top level guys hesitant to tattoo such a prominent spot if this is your first piece ever. Not saying nobody will, but expect some pushback. They are doing their jobs by doing so and do not be offended. They are only looking out for your best interests. It is easier now than it once was for sure, but still they usually want to see a person who has lived with some prominent work before committing to such a placement.
    Is there a chance of more adverse event or future consequences if the tat is on the neck?

Quote Originally Posted by Seks View Post
    Is there a chance of more adverse event or future consequences if the tat is on the neck?
    No it isn't an adverse reaction type thing but future consequences possible for sure. it truly is a commitment where it can affect future job opportunities, relationships, even day to day interactions with people and a lot of people do not give that consideration or even truly understand how it will impact them. Again, today is not like 30 years ago when it would have rendered you virtually un-hireable in most people eyes, but it still is absolutely something that will limit certain jobs, and you will get pre-judged for it by a lot of people.

Myself personally, I have had large scale and publicly visible work for 30 years with almost every part of the body easily hidden by long sleeves and pants, but I waited until I open my own business in 2007 before hitting the hands/fingers and neck/throat areas though. I have learned how to use peoples reactions to my advantage actually and have zero issues working with the public, both hyper conservative and not, but not everyone has the constitution for that. It all comes down to you and what you are willing to deal with. I would honestly suggest starting with something you can more easily cover if you want to and see how you feel living with tattoo's of scale before committing to something like you are talking about, but by no means am I ever going to tell someone how to live! I know lots of people who start with pretty overt work and are happy, but I also know others that regret it and wish they would have scaled back a bit early on.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    It was rough, the flames were the last bit and was pretty done at that point. I don't think we're adding any more in the armpit besides some shading in the flames. Though also not sure, we'll see what she comes up with for the rest. Hopefully late fall or something.
    Post some pics of the work done so far if you don't mind sharing.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Does anyone have a female artist they would recommend for a mid sized predominately black and grey piece with a few small color elements? I'd like to get a bear done for my daughter and most of my other pieces are black + grey with 1 color primarily to highlight. Most of the female artists I've looked at around Calgary either do full bright colour pieces of very dainty "light touch" black and grey work. I've found a few really phenomenal artists like Shae Motz and Samantha Smith but their style is a bit too vibrant for what I am looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    Does anyone have a female artist they would recommend for a mid sized predominately black and grey piece with a few small color elements? I'd like to get a bear done for my daughter and most of my other pieces are black + grey with 1 color primarily to highlight. Most of the female artists I've looked at around Calgary either do full bright colour pieces of very dainty "light touch" black and grey work. I've found a few really phenomenal artists like Shae Motz and Samantha Smith but their style is a bit too vibrant for what I am looking for.
    I can't speak for Samantha, but I'm sure that Shae can pull off what you're asking.
    Check out Ash Kendall @ Smilin' Buddha - https://www.instagram.com/ashla.k/
    Kari Arthurs @ Black Electric. - https://www.instagram.com/hiwaistlowlife/
    Emily Clare @ Boss tattoos - https://www.instagram.com/emilyclaretattooer/
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    https://www.jennydaledesigns.com/
    Jennifer Stables is an artist in Okotoks.

Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 53 62 63 64 ... LastLast