Quantcast
Show your tattoo - Page 57 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 47 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1283

Thread: Show your tattoo

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    Anyone familiar (done) scarification?
    I've had some laser cauterization done. Couldn't have scalpel cutting done as I'm on anticoagulants.

Had mine done at Tribal Expression on 16th Ave NW (near 10th Street), but I don't think they do that anymore.

Originally posted by s_havinga
    Going for my first tattoo next week, had never really thought of it before but what is the standard for tipping your artist?
    I actually tried to google this last year when i finished mine but there was no general answer. Some said they get paid more than enough so no tip required and some did 5-15%.

I knew it was going to be atleast 2 sessions so when i paid for the first round i told him id tip at the end when it was all done. Once it was all done i was super happy with it so i gave a $250 tip on 1600 and he was beyond shocked and said thats too much but i made him take it anyways. From his reaction i'm guessing 15% is not common though.

If anyone needs a good guy i can refer him to you, he's mobile so he comes to you and his van has the overhead dvd so you can watch movies too

Just joking

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by raceman6135

I've had some laser cauterization done. Couldn't have scalpel cutting done as I'm on anticoagulants.

Had mine done at Tribal Expression on 16th Ave NW (near 10th Street), but I don't think they do that anymore.
    Is it something you'd consider doing again?

Is it something you'd consider doing again?
    Yup, for sure.

I wish mine was a little more consistent in colour, but it isn't because the laser was kept in some places a bit longer than in other places. Those areas are darker in colour (red vs. my normal Caucasian pink), and are more raised than the rest.

Last edited by Dumbass17; 08-13-2016 at 08:20 AM.

My Ride
    Hatred

Anyone familiar (done) scarification?
    Scars are earned.
    -U

My Ride
    USE20

Started another sleeve with Jess Doyle (ig: jessicadoyle) @ Bushido, she did my first one posted a few pages back.

Canadian themed.

^^^^that's going to be rad!

I follow Bushido on Instagram and man, they are posting some really really terrible tattoos recently. I remember they used to be the best

My Ride
    This and that.

I am curious; some of you guys that get sleeves or other large tattoos, do they have some meaning to you guys and represent something or are they simply the designs/styles that you like and look cool? Some of the tattoo's posted in here are freaking awesome to look at but I always wonder if there is any deep meaning behind them.

I have been wanting to get either a 1/2 or 3/4 sleeve for a while now, but I just can't seem to think of anything that is meaningful enough to me to actually do it. Yea, I can find 1000's of cool looking designs but I don't see myself getting something just cause it looks cool to me.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 03-17-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Originally posted by shakalaka
    I am curious; some of you guys that get sleeves or other large tattoos, do they have some meaning to you guys and represent something or are they simply the designs/styles that you like and look cool? Some of the tattoo's posted in here are freaking awesome to look at but I always wonder if there is any deep meaning behind them.

I have been wanting to get either a 1/2 or 3/4 sleeve for a while now, but I just can't seem to think of anything that is meaningful enough to me to actually do it. Yea, I can find 1000's of cool looking designs but I don't see myself getting something just cause it looks cool to me.
    My opinion? Everybody thinking tattoos need to have some mystical, deep personal meaning is destroying tattooing. Don't get me wrong in that I don't think they can't have personal meaning to the owner, but really tattoos absolutely don't have to have some giant back story to be special and memorable. For me that is really the best part about tattoos. I have more than a few tattoos that I would not necessarily get again today if I was starting over, but that doesn't mean I have any regrets about getting them. For every single tattoo I have, I can remember exactly where I was in life when I got it and what was going on around me. I doesn't matter if it was a portrait of my parents or the pig in a top hat. Every tattoo is a marker in time and really that is the only thing that really matters to me.

Your ideas will always change throughout your life but your tattoo will remain the same. My tattoos are a road map of my life... Not the definition of it. Go into it with the right attitude if you don't want future regrets.

My Ride
    This and that.

Hmm thanks for your input. That's definitely one way of thinking about it I suppose. I guess I just think too much about it, as I do with everything else in life. My first tattoo, I wanted it for a long time and didn't get anything for a longest time cause I just couldn't think of anything meaningful enough. Until one day the idea struck me and I never had double thoughts about it. Same thing with my second one. Now granted they are both writing and don't require as much commitment as a sleeve but that was a milestone for me because of how I over-think things.

Now thinking about half sleeve, I have a few ideas in mind but nothing that I feel I can commit to without having double thoughts. I guess it's interesting to learn how some other people think about these things. Thanks for sharing Bob.

I completely agree with Tirebob in fact I was just talking about this last week while getting inked. Funny enough I believe Tirebob has a few pieces done by the same artist. I think that most people who do not have tattoos want their first tattoo to have some meaning because of the idea of getting something permanent, something you'll have all your life. While there is nothing wrong with that idea at all, for me I have a collection of memories and stories as oppose to having meaning behind my tattoos. One of my very first tattoos is "carpe diem" on my arm. I've had this tattoo for 17 years and as Tirebob said, I remember everything about that day when my friends and I got it, I don't regret getting it at all, what I do regret is the placement. I'm not saying be impulsive and find a tattoo on Pinterest (unless that's what you really want) and get that done, but definitely think about how open are you to the idea of having something on you for the rest of your life. Then again with technology now, tattoos are not so "permanent" anymore.

My Ride
    383 Camaro LT1

Let me just start by saying I wasn't high or drunk but would explain things better if I was.

My wife in the back and another woman in the front.

Never get tats after you do crazy stuff together.

93 Camaro Z28 (The fast one)
    01 Trans Am WS6 (The cute one)
    Esla T6 Dog Sled (Not cute, not fast, scary as hell)

My Ride
    06 S2000

Got a walk in tattoo a few weeks back. I have an appointment in May for the beginning of a large shoulder piece however.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    2007 4Runner

Here's another one that I had done a few months back and just forgot to post it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
    Got a walk in tattoo a few weeks back. I have an appointment in May for the beginning of a large shoulder piece however.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    I like that tattoo. Pretty cool

Got this back in November. First one. It's my family tree, I'm going to get some initials added into the trunk and branches to kinda look like they were carved in, just haven't figured out exactly how I want them to look yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Can anybody recommend me good tattoo artist in Calgary that's good with Anime? Wanna put my childhood favourite show into a calf/shin sleeve of DBZ

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Originally posted by Shlade
    Can anybody recommend me good tattoo artist in Calgary that's good with Anime? Wanna put my childhood favourite show into a calf/shin sleeve of DBZ
    Anyone lol

My Ride
    06 S2000

Kris Chisholm might be an option? He does comic book styles, and has a booth at the Calgary Comic Expo this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 47 56 57 58 ... LastLast