Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your tattoo

My Ride
    Depends on the day

Damian @deadly is super talented.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    because im proud of my son and i want to show it off.
    Haha sorry, but it was just way too easy not to

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

hahahaha

My Ride
    kryptonian meteorite

Originally posted by OneGreasyHobo
    So any of you guys know how long james texx's waiting list is right now?

-Or in fact anyone that could do a black/white sleeve.

I've heard lots of good things about deadly tattoo
    Honestly you have to either email him or go see him. He's working pretty much on a "if I want to" basis. I've had people and friends email him and they don't get responses but if you're a previous client I'm sure he's more than happy to get you in.

My Ride
    G37, Gsxr600

How about

Dave Fried?

Anyone get work done by him?

I was looking for kinda a pinup girl angel tattoo, then some other stuff to complete the sleeve.
    Last edited by OneGreasyHobo; 02-16-2013 at 03:49 PM.

My Ride
    RSTi

How about

Dave Fried?

I was looking for kinda a pinup girl angel tattoo, then some other stuff to complete the sleeve.
    Dave has done 3/4 of my tattoos, he's a great guy and his style was exactly what I was looking for.

My Ride
    G37, Gsxr600

^^ His art looks amazing.

My Ride
    kryptonian meteorite

How about

Dave Fried?

Any of the guys at deadly do great work IMO. Deano, Dave, Dan and new addition Damian do great stuff. James' son Anthony also works there and does great stuff too. I can't say enough stuff about deadly tattoo staff.

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Haha sorry, but it was just way too easy not to

LOL fuckin guy! suck d'z nutz how bout ya jerk! haha

I'm looking to get a half/full sleeve Tattoo. It'll be my first tattoo. I know it's a big jump, but it is what I've wanted and thought about it for the past few years. Also before rants this tattoo does have significance to me. Now I have the money to do what I want and this is what I'm going to get.

Looking for an artist in Calgary who'd be good with a Zelda styled sleeve. Not sure on how I'd get it set up but I have some ideas. I'm looking for an artist that would fit the style of Ocarina of time/Majora's mask. Wanting to get Link, Zelda, Ganon, Skull kid, and a few other characters and art to fill in the sleeve.

As well, a few questions that might be answered on here. Since I'm looking at potentially a full sleeve, has anyone had laser hair removal prior to a sleeve so that hair isn't in the way of the art? I've read that you can't get hair removal after the tattoo is in place. And i'm not looking to shave to keep the (hopefully) beautiful artwork I wish to get done.

My Ride
    R6///R50

Originally posted by HomespunLobster
    Looking for an artist in Calgary who'd be good with a Zelda styled sleeve. Not sure on how I'd get it set up but I have some ideas. I'm looking for an artist that would fit the style of Ocarina of time/Majora's mask. Wanting to get Link, Zelda, Ganon, Skull kid, and a few other characters and art to fill in the sleeve.
    Man, don't do it. Especially if you're single.

Aren't you the guy that posted the thread about Magic the gathering too?

Originally posted by GS430

Man, don't do it. Especially if you're single.

Aren't you the guy that posted the thread about Magic the gathering too?
    I'll just go with a phat tribal arm band then. Just kidding.

Been a huge gamer fan for years. And I was diagnosed with Cancer when I was nine and it was The legend of zelda that kept my going when all my friends saw me as that sick kid and didn't want to get infected. Kept me feeling like a hero saving the princess when I was at my worst. 24 years old is not an age where I'm making a stupid 16-18 year old rush tattoo mistake.

I am looking for something themed in that style, but not quite childish looking

and yes, Magic is a post I started. Just because I have some 'nerd' qualities doesn't make me an 'unfit' person who can't get ladies. Making good coin, working the patch, driving good ol' american muscle (minus the Nissan pickup I have). Own a landscaping business on the side. If anything, the jobs I do have been more of a social suicide then any sort of gaming I've ever done.

I'm here to find advice for anyone looking for an artist they would recommend for what I'm looking for. Not to critique my life and what I wish to do with it.
    Last edited by HomespunLobster; 02-25-2013 at 07:00 PM.

^^^ Bro... If you like it then fuck everyone who gives you grief about it... All that matters is what you think about it, and if you have given it the due thought something like a sleeve requires and you still want to go ahead, more power to you! I like your story too... Makes total sense to me...

My best advice would be to find an awesome artist and wait however long it takes to get in. Go see James Jacobs at Enso Tattoo or someone similar. Make sure you tell them the story up front when you book a consult. It will always help inspire a good artist!

Originally posted by tirebob
    ^^^ Bro... If you like it then fuck everyone who gives you grief about it... All that matters is what you think about it, and if you have given it the due thought something like a sleeve requires and you still want to go ahead, more power to you! I like your story too... Makes total sense to me...

My best advice would be to find an awesome artist and wait however long it takes to get in. Go see James Jacobs at Enso Tattoo or someone similar. Make sure you tell them the story up front when you book a consult. It will always help inspire a good artist!
    Thanks bud.

When you say someone similiar, do you recommend most artists at Enso?

Last edited by Cos; 12-30-2016 at 02:54 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Cos, that is looking sick! I gotta check out your guy, I got the itch for ink again.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

I start my back peice tomorrow with Damian at Deadly Tattoos , I am stoked!
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

Originally posted by HomespunLobster

Thanks bud.

When you say someone similiar, do you recommend most artists at Enso?
    James is the owner, but all the guys there are good. Just like any artist though, they all have their own strengths and preferences of style, so it is a matter of finding one that is excited about your idea and wants to do the job more than just make the money...

Stop in there and talk to them. James is a good friend of mine and I think he might find this idea interesting, but I wouldn't presume to speak for him...

Originally posted by tirebob
    James is the owner, but all the guys there are good. Just like any artist though, they all have their own strengths and preferences of style, so it is a matter of finding one that is excited about your idea and wants to do the job more than just make the money...

Stop in there and talk to them. James is a good friend of mine and I think he might find this idea interesting, but I wouldn't presume to speak for him...
    Great Advice Tirebob!!!

It took me years to really figure out how I wanted my tattoo to look, and how I envisioned it to be carried out. Then it took me a long time to find an amazing artist that had done alot of work that really wowed me!! James Jacobs was the man!! Unfortunately, he's not easy to get in with. I think I booked my sleeve last summer and we are finally getting started on it at the end of April. He is an amazing artist, and really easy to talk to. I know Calgary has a few really good artists, but James@Enso is one that really stood out from the rest for both his work, and his great easy going attitude.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Cos you look nothing like my "beyond online" mental image of you lol

Here is mine i started in december.. back in march to get more done, it will be a full 3/4 sleeve running up my shoulder/back/chest as well.... John Le at Hero's and villains, a buddy of mine. THe top right picture is kinda fucked, i think he was trying to do an IPhone Pano shot lol

i also like the Zelda idea haha. Funny thing is i was planning on picking up Ocarina Of Time from my dads tonight so i can play it.
    Last edited by JfuckinC; 02-26-2013 at 02:02 PM.

Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 56 ... LastLast