Quantcast
Interview Questions - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Interview Questions

Default Interview Questions

Well I'm preparing for an interview and I was just wondering you guys could post some interview questions that you have come across in the past.

Doesn't matter if they are really common either because I may have missed a few.

Thanks

My Ride
    335i

"Tell us about a problem you've had, and how you worked with your team/peers/coworkers etc to solve it"
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    94' Terd

"Tell me a joke."

not really a question but caught me really off gaurd... needless to say i didnt get the job

My Ride
    2000 Toyota Celica GT

What will you bring to the company?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

You should consider signing up for some of those workshops offered at the U of C's career services. Since I'm going to be applying for co-op, it was mandatory to take the Resume Readiness/Cover Letter, Interview Improvement, and Tapping into the Hidden Job Market workshops, and I must say you come out of it with some really good tips. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone and they don't cost a dime. It's only an hour and a half of your time, but the stuff they tell you is pretty good. The resume one's like 2 hours, but that's cause they actually go over your resume and tell you what's good and what's not. Anyways, here's the Power Point slides they emailed people who signed up for it. Maybe it'll help you out. Good luck
    Attached Files Attached Files

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    You should consider signing up for some of those workshops offered at the U of C's career services. Since I'm going to be applying for co-op, it was mandatory to take the Resume Readiness/Cover Letter, Interview Improvement, and Tapping into the Hidden Job Market workshops, and I must say you come out of it with some really good tips. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone and they don't cost a dime. It's only an hour and a half of your time, but the stuff they tell you is pretty good. The resume one's like 2 hours, but that's cause they actually go over your resume and tell you what's good and what's not. Anyways, here's the Power Point slides they emailed people who signed up for it. Maybe it'll help you out. Good luck
    i've heard nothing but good things about those as well.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

It may sound kinda gay but someone you now to sit down with you and go through a practice interview get a bunch of questions together and get the person to pick out a few. You don't want your answers to be robotic but you do want to know what your going to say. Practice makes perfect, gets you less nervous as well.
    Autosignature

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Is it technical, manual labor or white collar?

MSN had an article about how more and more companies are copying microsoft and using riddles and problems in interviews. Such as, how many quarters stacked would it take to be as tall as the empire state building? How would you move Mt Fuji? How fast does a bullet shot in the air fall down?

They are not interested in answers, but how you attack the problem.

Khyron

It is for an IT position. E-Business Analyst to be specific. That is on Wednesday. This is the one I am preparing for.

Tomorrow I have 'Pre-Employment Testing' with Telus for a shitty Help Desk Analyst position.

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

Give me an example of when you helped someone without being asked.

i always use "I helped my grandma cross the street" it works

Be sure to also have questions handy to ask them (do some research on the company), it shows that you are genuinely interested in the position.

eg. "Can you tell me how my role here would fit into the whole picture?"

If you want a list of potential questions, I can FAX you a bunch of pages, PM me a Fax # if you would like me to send them.
    I have both questions that they can ask you AND questions that you can ask them.
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My Ride
    2013 Acura TSX A-Spec

The weirdest question I ever heard of was "if you were a tree, what would you be and why?"
    The only 2 good answers I know is
    1)bansai tree, cuz of the uniqueness!
    2)evergreen, cuz when weather changes, they stay green, just as you would be unfazed by changing working conditions!

lammer Guest

What do you know about this company?
    about our history and such?

My Ride
    2007 Acura TSX

My fav question to ask ppl is: If you were in my position, what would you look for in a potential employee?

How ppl answer that question really helps my deicision whether or not to hire them, b/c it gives great insight to the type of person s/he is.

For employers...

putting people on the spot in interviews is bullshit because obviously people are nervous. You could loose potentially bright and smart people over some idiots that are good at bullshitting and selling themselves like used car salesmen. Most of the smart people i've met are quiet and reserved and get nervous talking to people. But i'd take them over some loud mouthed confident bullshitter that couldnt put 2 and 2 together if his life depended on it.

Unless you're actually applying for a job as in sales then the above wont apply heh.

I've had interviews with bullshit questions many times. The best you can do is bullshit back and hope for the best. In the end, it's all just a pile of bullshit anyways!

chances are you'll get a shit load of past behavioral and situational questions where like someone says "think of a problem with this and that and tell me how you resolved it" which is total crap, I guess it doesn't take into account any situational questions or ambiguous problems and questions.. blah. Some companies do ask questions like "Lets say this happens, what would you do" and this and that.

Talking

Strengths & Weaknesses? Simple question, but tough to answer correctly. Good luck with the interview…it took me over year to find another IT job after I got laid off so, don’t feel bad if it takes you a while. I know lots of people with “Computer Science” degrees that can’t find a job.

My Ride
    Corolla

"How good are you at Counterstrike?"

My Ride
    1995 Nissan 240SX

Originally posted by Superesc
    "How good are you at Counterstrike?"
    240 ka-t

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

Typical Job Application

NAME: Ross Ayr

SEX: Not yet. Still looking.

DESIRED POSITION: 6 would be good.

DESIRED SALARY: $185,000 a year plus stock options. If that's not possible, make an offer (any offer) and we can haggle.

LAST POSITION HELD: A target for middle management hostility.

EDUCATION: Yes, but it doesn't seem to be paying off.

LAST SALARY: Way less than I'm worth.

MOST NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENT: My incredible collection of stolen pens and post-it notes.

REASON FOR LEAVING LAST POSITION: It sucked.

HOURS AVAILABLE TO WORK: Any.

PREFERRED HOURS: 1:30-3:30 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, with a half-hour break around 2:00 p.m.

DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL SKILLS?: Yes, but they're better suited to a more intimate environment and I don't like to get caught doing them at work.

MAY WE CONTACT YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYER?: If I had one, would I be here?

DO YOU HAVE ANY PHYSICAL CONDITIONS THAT WOULD PROHIBIT YOU FROM LIFTING UP TO 50 LBS?: Of what?

DO YOU HAVE A CAR?: I think the more appropriate question here would be "Do you have a car that runs?"

HAVE YOU RECEIVED ANY SPECIAL AWARDS OR RECOGNITION?: I may already be a winner of the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes.

DO YOU SMOKE?: On the job, no; on my breaks, yes; substance - I rather not say.

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE DOING IN FIVE YEARS?: Living in the Bahamas with a fabulously wealthy, dumb, sexy blonde super model who thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread. Who am I kidding, I'd like to be doing that right now.

DO YOU CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE IS TRUE AND COMPLETE TO THE BEST OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE?: Yes. Absolutely.

SIGN HERE: Pisces with Libra rising

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast