Quantcast
bylaw officers - 1 : littledan - 0 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: bylaw officers - 1 : littledan - 0

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Default bylaw officers - 1 : littledan - 0

Tap, Rack, BANG!

What did you do? Some comestic/performance mod got you a ticket?

My Ride
    E90 335xi, ZX-10R

It looks like tinted windows. Thats getting pricey now if its just for that!

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

yup.. it was just tinted windows, wasn't speeding or anything. they must have noticed going the other way and busted a u turn. worst thing is it was one of those big vans that busted me!! not even a cruiser. oh well, i knew this day would come...
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

$57 bucks for tint!!!!!!!!

I thought it was only 25
    Autosignature

My Ride
    Apex Predator

so are you gonna yank the tint off now?? i got a ticket for my driver/passenger windows tinted for 25 bux or something awhile back... tint was off the next day.. How long have you got away with it for? i hadnt even owned my car 2 weeks and i got nabbed. But it was at night, and it was foggy out so it looked worse than it was...

"She takes premium dude! PREMIUM!!! DUDE!!!!"

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

post a pic of your car, how dark was the tint?
    Travel

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

I received a tint-ticket once. I think it was close to, if not a total sum of $57 bucks. I didn't bitch... I know it's illegal... but that was over a year ago... I still have it!

Peter

lol i got a warning for mine... i woulda got a ticket of my grandma wasnt in my car

My Ride
    01 Integra SE / 07 Lexus GS 450H

i thought they can only charge you for the tint if you are cought for something else so you cant be pulled over because of the tint.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

They pull you over just for tint - it's easy to spot and a free ticket on their quota!

I've been nailed once (2 weeks after buying car) and wife got tagged on the way downtown at 9am on a sat (bastards). They were about 32 dollars I believe.

I'll keep mine on unless I get more than 2-3 tickets a year. I just consider it my tint tax.

Khyron

My Ride
    1.6L of FURY!

in the states they have light meters that register howmuch ight gets through your windows i bet you could argue that in court since they can't prove it was letting in less light thenthey require(if there is one in canada) andif 57$ isworth your time.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

The law in western canada has nothing to do with how dark it is. If there's a film on the front 3 windows past the drivers shoulders (technically even if its clear) you get the ticket. Both cops made me roll up the window a few inches to show the film. I even tried BSing the first one saying it was stock from VW that way (it came from the dealer) but she told me to stuff it.

Now, if you paid to have the actual glass smoked, I honestly believe it's legal (you'd get harassed tho).

A cop told me it was not because of the reduced visibility but because of how the film holds the glass if it shatters (I call BS on that tho...)

Khyron

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Originally posted by Khyron

Now, if you paid to have the actual glass smoked, I honestly believe it's legal (you'd get harassed tho).

A cop told me it was not because of the reduced visibility but because of how the film holds the glass if it shatters (I call BS on that tho...)

Khyron
    TINT does hold glass together REALLY well, when my MR2 was trashed, the front and sides were shattered, but the back was together......but that is really lame, i heard its because the cops cant see in your car, so anything infront of the shoulders is illegal.
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

Originally posted by Khyron
    In my last car (my other Jetta) -- I had tint on my front windows. When I rolled my Jetta and when the front windows exploded/collapsed -- the tint was the only thing that prevented the million pieces of glass from going everywhere... so yah, I call bullshit...

Front window tint for life!!

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

here are some pics of my car... i had the tint on since i bought it in april and haven't been harrassed about it until now

i know it looks really dark at times but you can see through it
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

Oh well... it looks nice... just keep your eyes peeled for the PoPo next time.

Live and learn.

My Ride
    Mercedes Benz R class, Mercedes Benz E class

Originally posted by pinoyhero
    $57 bucks for tint!!!!!!!!

I thought it was only 25
    Thats not too bad actually. I got nailed for $160 for my side windows in Sk.

www.bmwvsmbz.com

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by James
    but that is really lame, i heard its because the cops cant see in your car, so anything infront of the shoulders is illegal.
    It's a safety risk to police. They can't tell what you're doing when they're approaching the car. That's also why they usually have their hand on their gun during night stops. I honestly believe that the visibility is an issue as well. When I'm stopped at a light next to someone with tinted sides, I can barely see the driver at night. Now I figure if I can't see him, he must have a hell of a time seeing pedestrians and such.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

just a quick question.. is the ticket supposed to be in the name of the driver or the registered owner??? On the ticket it doesn't say the make or model of the car anywhere... can't i dispute the ticket and show pics of another car i drive???
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast