Quantcast
The Official Beyond.ca Badminton Thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 162 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Beyond.ca Badminton Thread

My Ride
    93' civic, honda for lyfe!!

Default looking for badminton partner to train with

I'm 21, go to uofc and would like to keep in shape throughout the year, but i need a steady badminton partner, someone who has a passion for the sport. I am planning, later down the road, to join tournaments for "under 23".

So if you go to uofc that would be great, we can play couple times a week at the gym on campus, if not we find a gym (like talisman) we can play during the week & weekends.

experience level does not matter, I'm just an average player, just dabbled in it during high school but thats it. I have always loved the sport but never really had someone else to train with that was as passionate as I was.

thanks!

roger.

My Ride
    NC1

Well dude, I play every Wednesday night from 9:30pm-11:00pm at Talisman ($5). We usually have 4-5 players so we play singles or doubles.

Also play on either Sat/Sun morning from 10:30am-12:30pm. Same deal, 4-5 players.

We are average in skill too. Play just to stay in shape and it's semi-competitive. You can come join us if you like. If you can beat us, then you can find a new partner, we understand lol

I played with a guy who competed in Nationals a few weeks back, no chance. Completely schooled us. I have never seen a smash that hard in my life haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    M3/C300

hey if you dont mind i would like to join in this weds night sat morning routine, i used to go alot, but would like to get in shape.

PM me if it's alright with you and your friends max_boost.

Thanks

My Ride

sweet that would be great!! i'll be there and just yell out MAX_BOOST =D by the way I was at talisman a couple of weeks ago and there was a big asian group there, like high school age, by any chance is that you and your friends lol.
    Originally posted by 89s1
    I leave the safety off the gun stuffed in my belt. I'm not worried about shotting off one of my balls. I got a spare.

Max is a little older than high school haha!

I used to play every week at Village Square Leisure Centre. Played on the teams all throughout high school, used to be decent but now I'm pretty weaksauce.

I might come join you guys sometime, i haven't played in ages.

My Ride
    A250

Originally posted by r0g3r
    sweet that would be great!! i'll be there and just yell out MAX_BOOST =D by the way I was at talisman a couple of weeks ago and there was a big asian group there, like high school age, by any chance is that you and your friends lol.
    That'll probably be my friends. I'm not very competitive anymore so I don't play with them. They go there quite often so you'll probably see them again

My Ride

sweet I didn't know that many people played, i wasnt banking on any reply's actually, hahaha, thats cool hope we get to see that national guy play!
    Originally posted by 89s1
    I leave the safety off the gun stuffed in my belt. I'm not worried about shotting off one of my balls. I got a spare.

My Ride
    Honda Civic 1995, 1996 Acura Integra

Originally posted by anarchy
    Max is a little older than high school haha!

I used to play every week at Village Square Leisure Centre. Played on the teams all throughout high school, used to be decent but now I'm pretty weaksauce.

I might come join you guys sometime, i haven't played in ages.

lol what's your name? i used to go to VSLC every wheel to and played for forest lawn in high school..that was like.. 3 year or 4 years ago

My Ride

hey MAX_boost...
    on a saturday.. few weeks ago.. did you see some guy fucking up his leg playing badminton..

Originally posted by dooman24

lol what's your name? i used to go to VSLC every wheel to and played for forest lawn in high school..that was like.. 3 year or 4 years ago
    John

I graduated in 2000 and played for Pearson. Went to provincials in grade 11 for doubles. They are doing renos on VLSC right now but when they're done I think I'll get a yearly pass there. I was just going to use it to work out cuz I don't know many ppl that play badminton anymore but if anyone goes there I'd be happy to play.

sweet I didn't know that many people played, i wasnt banking on any reply's actually, hahaha, thats cool hope we get to see that national guy play!
    haha there are so many asians on here!

The big group you saw at talisman are high school kids - some
    just graduated, others still in hs. Not all of them go every week
    but there's a couple that go every week. Would you say you're
    around their level?

My Ride

Originally posted by gqmw

haha there are so many asians on here!

The big group you saw at talisman are high school kids - some
    just graduated, others still in hs. Not all of them go every week
    but there's a couple that go every week. Would you say you're
    around their level?
    the guys got some good steady consistent shots, the girls were pretty good also. I would say I could play a good rally against the guys, winning would be a problem if the game was dragged out as I have horrible endurance now, I can probably do 2-3 good rallies, then slow down and recharge, after losing the next 2-3 points I can go for another 2-3 good rallies HAHA,

i played against an asian guy, around his 30's, he had this amazing backhand drop shot, where it look like he was going to clear it, but actually drop it. Man he worked me hard, I was sweating in no time.

My Ride

oh yeah! since it seems like we're old players here and seems like we've been out for few years..

DAMN man what happened to play to 15??
    the new kids plays to 21 and every serves counts.. it was so confusing..

^ Ahh, you going to keep going there consistently?
    I drop by once in awhile and play with that group. But I haven't for awhile, I'm pretty much done any competitive badminton haha.

Oh really? Is he tall, kinda big ish maybe?

My Ride

Originally posted by dooman24
    oh yeah! since it seems like we're old players here and seems like we've been out for few years..

DAMN man what happened to play to 15??
    the new kids plays to 21 and every serves counts.. it was so confusing..
    haha, not too old yet!!

yea the new point system is to make games go alittle faster I guess. but I can play either, it doesn't matter, I just want to play!! haha

i go there probably once every two weeks, because of the fact that I have cheap passes that I bought long ago. I have 3 left, so I will continue to go =D, do you know if there are some cheap deals for students there? I know at the UofC campus they charge like 6 dollars per entrance, its pretty good, some good players there also.

The guy I played is skinny, not too skinny, around 5 11'. After a few of those backhand drops I sort of caught on to him.

Hmm, I would play with you, but it's kinda past my prime and I don't play as much anymore.
    I occasionally play with a few friends but that's about it.

But, you'll probably see my brother there if you go on Sat, I believe he'll be training there again in the fall. Perhaps you can give him a go?

My Ride

Originally posted by gqmw
    Hmm, I would play with you, but it's kinda past my prime and I don't play as much anymore.
    I occasionally play with a few friends but that's about it.

But, you'll probably see my brother there if you go on Sat, I believe he'll be training there again in the fall. Perhaps you can give him a go?
    at the talisman or uofc campus? sure does he have a beyond account? =D, come on man you're never past your prime!

My Ride
    M3/C300

I think i know a couple of the highschool looking kids that play at talisman. haha.

btw, do you guys play in the "newer" gym? or the shitty courts in the middle of talisman? haha

My Ride
    A250

at the talisman or uofc campus? sure does he have a beyond account? =D, come on man you're never past your prime!
    Haha he's not out of his prime oh and his brothers 11 I believe but he'll probably give you a good warm up maybe? Glad you actually found some people to play with.

My Ride
    2005 F350

I know at the UofC campus they charge like 6 dollars per entrance, its pretty good, some good players there also.

you could join up for a full semester at the UofC for $150. we play 3 times a week. sunday, tuesday and friday.

usually, i'm playing in the first 2 courts there.

wanna learn how to play well? join the provincial tournys. there is one coming up in 2 weeks.

www.badmintonalberta.ca

Page 1 of 162 1 2 11 ... LastLast