Quantcast
Sept. 11 Suits Vs Airlines Get Go-Ahead - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sept. 11 Suits Vs Airlines Get Go-Ahead

My Ride
    2016 VW MK7 R ORYX DSG TECH

Default Sept. 11 Suits Vs Airlines Get Go-Ahead

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Lawsuits against airlines and the World Trade Center's owners can proceed, a judge ruled on Tuesday, finding in favor of families who say negligence played a key role in the casualties caused by the Sept. 11 attacks. More ...
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

My Ride

This is prime example of America, ladies and gentlemen. Pure stupidity .... taking a bad situation and making it worse. I realize that people lost a lot on Sept 11th but suing someone that's entirely innocent is brutal. Why don't people sue the US, British and Canadian governments for it's negligence in their intelligence gathering??? OMFG FUCKING BRUTAL!!!
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

My Ride

FUCK THE STUPID FUCKING FUCKERS ..... arrrrghhh shit like this makes me mad!!!
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

My Ride
    01 Pontiac Grand Am GT

What a load of Crap only in the states why don't they try sueing the Iraqi/Saudi Goverments or Bin ladens family instead

My Ride

Originally posted by RSRT-4
    What a load of Crap only in the states why don't they try sueing the Iraqi/Saudi Goverments or Bin ladens family instead
    Actually, I think they already did ...
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Silver_SpecV

Actually, I think they already did ...
    1 trillion dollars

I mean, how many times have the U.S killed innocent civilians with laser guided missiles that were supposed to hit enemy targets? Would it be conceivable for these people in third world countries to bring a class action suit for negligence or something?? I don't know man, African Americans and Aboriginal Indians should jump in on the action. Hell, the Chinese built the railroad, maybe we can get something too
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by max_boost
    Hell, the Chinese built the railroad, maybe we can get something too
    haha, that was in Canada, and you'll never see a penny unfortunately.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Talies R

haha, that was in Canada, and you'll never see a penny unfortunately.
    My bad, I wasn't paying attention and got carried away
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    pedals

Well i really wouldnt put to much thought into this. I really doubt they can win. Personally i dont think that any firm can take on the Whole airline industry, and the port authority. Well it seems that greed rules all in the end though.

My Ride

It's not the fact that they might win that angers me, it's the fact they actually think they're legit.

It's like you're my neighbour, someone steals my car, I sue you for losses because its a "forseeable risk" ...
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

My Ride
    F22 Raptor

Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
    It's not the fact that they might win that angers me, it's the fact they actually think they're legit.

It's like you're my neighbour, someone steals my car, I sue you for losses because its a "forseeable risk" ...
    Not quite along the same lines...unless your neighbor was in charge of watching your car, or it was stolen while he borrowed it...and it's not cool for you to categorize america as stupid...just like you wouldn't like it if you were down here and you heard one of the millions of canadian jokes that are said daily.

They're suing the airlines for security negligence saying they could've prevented the hijackings...and the owners of the towers saying that they weren't suited for fast evacuation...I'm sure you'd feel different if you lost a son or daughter and then realized that it might have been prevented if only people had been more responsible.

lammer Guest

Originally posted by jdmmavericktR

Not quite along the same lines...unless your neighbor was in charge of watching your car, or it was stolen while he borrowed it...and it's not cool for you to categorize america as stupid...just like you wouldn't like it if you were down here and you heard one of the millions of canadian jokes that are said daily.

They're suing the airlines for security negligence saying they could've prevented the hijackings...and the owners of the towers saying that they weren't suited for fast evacuation...I'm sure you'd feel different if you lost a son or daughter and then realized that it might have been prevented if only people had been more responsible.
    yeah because people who built the twin towers always had in mind about a special escape route when planes come crashing into the buildings.

only in the US will you see so many god dam lawsuits... sooner or later they're going to have contracts the width of yellow pages just so companies CAN'T get sued for so many god dam grounds.

but then again, if i was to sue the airline industry for Sept 11, a lawsuit regarding negligence will probably be the best idea.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Yah there's a difference between suing for negligence. I mean, if the pilot had been drunk and getting a BJ and accidently crashed into the building I could see a suit. But fuck, suing over an actual attack? How about the Oklahoma courthouse? Ryder should have known their trucks could be bombs!!!!! Or the weather bureau for any tornado/hurricane/flood deaths - they should have warned us sooner! Or firemen for not putting out those forest fires faster.

It's cases like this that make America a laughing stock.

Khyron

My Ride

Originally posted by jdmmavericktR

So I guess, according to you, the owners of the twin tower should be watching for flying airplane missles???? Why don't they sue the designers of the twin towers for not built a indestructible building??? If according your reasoning, why can't people sue the police for being victims of crimes.

In all honestly, I realize why people are suing and I think it's for the wrong reasons. I realize that losing a loved one is very tramatic and very difficult to deal with. So in a sense, suing these companies is like finding a scapegoat.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

My Ride

After second thoughts, calling america stupid is too general ... how about I narrow it down .... to the o faithful leader of america
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

My Ride
    Apex Predator

The only justifiable reasons I can see for sueing are the following.

1) The emergency stairwells were all located very close together and with the single strike were pretty much all busted up. Causing major problems.

2) Workers were not informed of the fact that the doors to the roof were locked, so some 200 people climbed to the top of the building thinking they would be rescued like in the movies by a helicopter. 200 some people - that would never happen, its not possible to do it fast enough or even to attempt. This isnt hollywood. Regardless, alot of people climbed to their death.

3) The Airlines could be sued for not properly securing the pilots from hijackers. There should be no way for those clowns to get anywhere near them IMO. (I'm not sure how all that went down but anyways)

As far as going after the builders -

The structure did collapse due to the extreme heat of the burning jet fuel. It caused the support beams to let go, and the entire top portions of the towers collapsed on the rest of the building. Now nobody can predict burning jet fuel. But these buildings aren't suppose to come down. If they do catch fire, they are suppose to burn upwards, leaving the framework of the building intact. Where do you draw the line. If it meets the "requirements" you shouldnt be liable IMO.

there was a bunch of stuff on sept. 11th on tv the other day.. pretty interesting.... very sad though for sure.
    Last edited by NickGT; 09-09-2003 at 10:48 PM.

"She takes premium dude! PREMIUM!!! DUDE!!!!"

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Sooo typical Americans always need to point the finger...they have no one left to blame so they all turn on eachother...what a messed up society
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

What really surprised me was that the designers DID plan and design the buildings to withstand a plane impact. It's just that planes got a lot bigger in the last 40 years.

Khyron

My Ride
    F22 Raptor

I'm not going to respond to anything, everybody is allowed to have an opinion, and I have no desire to get into a huge flame war on beyond. Yes america has some problems, and yes canada has some problems. All I know is, we could import skylines before you guys haha...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast