Quantcast
Unique whips, very unique indeed. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Unique whips, very unique indeed.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Default Unique whips, very unique indeed.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=122877

^ Duct tape, and other household goods for their install... incredible....
    I'm by no means a "qualified" installer, but for fuck sakes, this is surreal.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Grimace

lol, that looks like what would happen if i tried to do a stereo install

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Hopefully that thing wont transform into a Decepticon

My Ride
    1988 Accord, 1990 4Runner SR5

Wow... Thats brutal, especially for the money that was paid, that is insane. I would definately be pissed if that was my truck.

My Ride
    M3/C300

well over 100k for ducttape and unscrewed amps + rattle and shit job? hmmm

My Ride
    Axis powers

Originally posted by Redlined_8000
    Hopefully that thing wont transform into a Decepticon
    there's too much duct tape holding it together.. if it did manage to transform, the missing screws would make it fall apart
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

Unique is a name brand now. You don't buy Prada or Gucci because they use exceptionally good child labour and their products will be durable and last a long time. You fork out the bucks because everyone wants it but few can have it.

Doesn't mean it's going to be good Support you local installers!
    Originally posted by FraserB
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.

My Ride

Originally posted by 97'Scort
    Unique is a name brand now. You don't buy Prada or Gucci because they use exceptionally good child labour and their products will be durable and last a long time. You fork out the bucks because everyone wants it but few can have it.

Doesn't mean it's going to be good Support you local installers!

I am not sure why i'm not suprised, I seen the show a few times and you can tell by the way they do their installation is not smooth, I remember an episode this kid brought his 350z to get some wheels, stereo, package done and wanted an estimate he was quoted at 20k and that was not even top end audio equipment way overpriced.
    Last edited by SCHIDER23; 08-27-2008 at 07:49 AM.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Holy hackjob, Batman!

My Ride
    14' C63 507 Edition Coupe

No wonder he gets fatter everytime i watch that show, he's gettin payed too damn much for sittin on his ass and eating catered food all day and night

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by vtec4life
    No wonder he gets fatter everytime i watch that show, he's gettin payed too damn much for sittin on his ass and eating catered food all day and night

There was one episode where he was at his beachhouse, and he was on the boardwalk, on one of those seniors scooter mobile things....but I think he had surgery done on his leg or something..I THINK....even I aint that lazy...also he has a private chef at work and at his house....
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Originally posted by dj_rice

There was one episode where he was at his beachhouse, and he was on the boardwalk, on one of those seniors scooter mobile things....but I think he had surgery done on his leg or something..I THINK....even I aint that lazy...also he has a private chef at work and at his house....
    Castro had surgery and was ordered by doctor not to walk. I've seen just about every episode of this show and one of the guys I know over on civicforums.com (Drew Mader) won the Unique contest a few years ago to go on the show and be an installer, though he left or got fired or something a short while later. I think he left. But after seeing that show and some of the terrible install jobs they do, I'm amazed they call themselves a shop. "Oh, you want the interior colour of your Escalade changed? No problem, I have a can of spray paint here......psssssssssssssss.......ya, we'll just leave it out on the lawn to dry......." There were times I simply watched in horror.
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

My Ride

Do they still have that head installer, Remi?Looked on the website but no info as site isn't updated
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Remi's the shop manager, he's not going anywhere. He's a little bitch sometimes but doesn't get very far when he storms out. Sometimes it seems like they try to create drama to be like the Teutels.
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

All reality shows are about drama. And I do agree that Remi needs to man up sometimes.
    Originally posted by 89coupe

LOL, $95 for two sounds pretty damn cheap to me. Is this not including any drinks or something?

Are you guys all students on a budget or something?

My lunch tab is that much for two people.

My Ride

Originally posted by Stunt66
    All reality shows are about drama. And I do agree that Remi needs to man up sometimes.

There was that one episode where all the new guys started using his woodshop thing, so he started making his own table outside...then there was drama about that, he was all crying saying look this is my woodshop and you guys are all newbies taking over and I'm the OG RESPECT...and was gonna quit and etc...

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Ya, I'm amazed he doesn't even have ventilation in that thing. He works in a cloud of sawdust.

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

holy shit thats hack. I watch the show from time to time when nothing else is on but i have never been a huge fan of their work. I would be so pissed to find that on my vehicle after spending that much money

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by em2ab
    Remi's the shop manager, he's not going anywhere. He's a little bitch sometimes but doesn't get very far when he storms out. Sometimes it seems like they try to create drama to be like the Teutels.
    Understatement of the year award. The show would be remarkibly monotonous if it wasn't for the added drama element. Its cool to watch one or two shows, after that I lost interest.

its funny, Remi pretty much runs everything, there is that brown guy that just orders people around, Remi is Unique whips pretty much.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Understatement of the year award. The show would be remarkibly monotonous if it wasn't for the added drama element. Its cool to watch one or two shows, after that I lost interest.

its funny, Remi pretty much runs everything, there is that brown guy that just orders people around, Remi is Unique whips pretty much.
    I don't really like the drama, I watch it to see the installs and some of the ingenuity they do come up with sometimes, gives me ideas for my own installs. But a lot of the guys there play important roles, they wouldn't be anywhere without Buju either, he does all the fabric work. I was actually thinking about rolling out to their shop on Long Island a few months ago to check the place out but it would have been an hour drive if I remember correctly.........Queens bridge and no thank you.