Quantcast
AWD G35 Sedan - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AWD G35 Sedan

My Ride
    A33 VQ35

Exclamation AWD G35 Sedan

Woot!

"Infiniti today announced that a new all-wheel drive version of the popular G35 Sport Sedan will be available beginning in early December. The 2004 G35 Sedan Leather AWD features Infiniti's advanced ATTESA E-TS active torque distribution management system with minimal compromise of rear-wheel drive performance."

http://www.infinitinews.com/
    SHIFT_theburger

My Ride
    92 VW Fox

what i think you meant to announce was that the GTR is going to be for sale now, as to it being the only skyline with awd or attesa.
    Having a fast Honda is like winning the special olympics, in the end your still retarded

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Eric Happy Meal
    what i think you meant to announce was that the GTR is going to be for sale now, as to it being the only skyline with awd or attesa.
    uh no. gtr is NOT 4 door.

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Originally posted by Eric Happy Meal
    Ya, GTR isnt for a while dude. 2005????

Didnt the skyline have an AWD system? Older ones, like the 34's or something?

Lurking in some bushes outside your house
    My Ride
    S14/D21

Originally posted by ryder_23

yeah GTR, R32, R33 and R34

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Thats what i thought....so eric happy meal, has no idea what hes talkin about it being the first skyline with AWD right? Maybe first legal in north america, but not first awd

lammer Guest

Originally posted by ryder_23

yeah i believe r34 had AWD

My Ride
    a wrx.

skyline and gtr are 2 different cars.

My Ride
    92 VW Fox

just as different as a type-r is from the rest of their line-up.

what i meant by it being the only skyline with AWD, as in the GTR was the only one with awd....

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    skyline and gtr are 2 different cars.
    Having a fast Honda is like winning the special olympics, in the end your still retarded

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

yeah and the g35 is different from a skyline being a car produced for north america. ergo we will have an awd "skyline"..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    92 VW Fox

go to japan, and look at the V35 skylines, if one was labeled as a G35, you would have no idea. why? beacuse theyre exactley the same. and where is the G35s production plant if its produced in america?

Originally posted by ~$eanith~
    yeah and the g35 is different from a skyline being a car produced for north america. ergo we will have an awd "skyline"..

nissan has a plant in mississippi. pretty sure infinitis are produced there as well. so might be the plant they come out of.

My Ride
    92 VW Fox

theres a different plant for each car ya know? and unless the car is US-only its not produced in the US.

Originally posted by yankeefan
    nissan has a plant in mississippi. pretty sure infinitis are produced there as well. so might be the plant they come out of.

theres 4 nissan plants in north america from my understanding. 1 in mexico, 1 in tenn, 1 in miss, 1 in C. carolina. I just figured if they were for sale in north america they'd come from 1 of those plants. and more then 1 vehicle come each of those plants. if my info is incorrect then I apologize.

My Ride
    92 VW Fox

theyre called imports for a reason......and one plant for one car.

theres 4 nissan plants in north america from my understanding. 1 in mexico, 1 in tenn, 1 in miss, 1 in C. carolina. I just figured if they were for sale in north america they'd come from 1 of those plants. and more then 1 vehicle come each of those plants. if my info is incorrect then I apologize.

right, there called imports because they used to get put on a boat and shipped over. now a large % of the 'imports' are produced in north america. alot of which coming out of the south eastern us. ex. tennesee,south carolina,florida etc. VW,nissan,toyota's etc are made in north america. its more cost effective that way. us government made that the case im sure.

My Ride
    92 VW Fox

hrmm....i might be wrong, but i think about 95% sure that imports that are produced in america are american-only models. yeah i was forgetting about a few companies who have factories here for international cars. but those are usually for incredibly popular cars, which the G35 isnt at the moment.

right, there called imports because they used to get put on a boat and shipped over. now a large % of the 'imports' are produced in north america. alot of which coming out of the south eastern us. ex. tennesee,south carolina,florida etc. VW,nissan,toyota's etc are made in north america. its more cost effective that way. us government made that the case im sure.

G35 is produced in Japan. It's the same as their Skyline just different engine used.

again, you can't compare a normal Skyline with a GT-R. It's a completely different class. Much like 3 series and M3.

Before ppl shoot me back and said something with regards engine. I believe they uses VQ30DD instead of VQ35DE which we have here. Which uses Direct injection. Also they ahve a model called skyline 350GT but i don't know if it's the same engine as ours. That i'm not sure about.

i believe that model of the skyline has the 8spd CVT transmission... and we don't get that here.

I think there's a big mix-up/confusion thing going on though:

the article stated clearly that the infiniti G35 will be AWD, i'm not so sure about the skylines in Japan.. but it means to say that we will be having an awd g35 soon
    i'm sure the attessa awd design is from the new GTR slated for 2005 though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast