Quantcast
How did you choose your car? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you choose your car?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by bol
    You just haven't seen that one car that screams your name (might be a color combo as well)
    Kenny's SLK 32 AMG was screamin' his name pretty damn loud when he drove it (hint hint) hehe.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

My Ride
    Corolla

hmmmm Macdonald is screaming my name for lunch...

Originally posted by Superesc
    hmmmm Macdonald is screaming my name for lunch...

My Ride
    BMW E70

I bought my most recent car so I wouldn't have any car payments during school. I'm on my 4th car is 3 years, and I still haven't found the right one. I've ha the 4-door, the SUV, the sporty 4-door and the sports car. I want to go back to either the sportier 4-door or the SUV. I'm looking at the Accords, Maxima's, Jetta's. Something with a 5 or 6 speed, leather and a sunroof.

Good Luck Max_Boost

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Originally posted by bol

werd on mcdicks

My Ride
    Corolla

hahahah They don't call me the Grease King for nuthin!

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by shadowz
    Thanks Max_boost you shoulda come to phils icecream way better imo, but as for your car troubles, yes why dont you get a more affordable sports car like a WRX(very quick stock) or acura CL sporty, fast and luxurious, also theres the good ol supra which are fast and are still more afforable than a mercedes, not by much but still, unless you are set on buying a new car?
    I didn't even notice Philips Icecream was across the street until I got out of baskin&robbins lol

Talk about competition! hehe

Anyway, not really set on buying a new car, we all know about depreciation etc. It'll probably be 1-2 years old with under 40000kms hehe

My Ride
    89 CRX ZC

i'm a small guy so i figured i needed a small car.
    at the time i only had $4000 to spend on a car and a CRX was in my budget.
    i now feel like buying a street bike...max_boost get a street bike.

My Ride
    ACR/EG/FJZ80/DC4/DC2/22RE

Originally posted by max_boost

I didn't even notice Philips Icecream was across the street until I got out of baskin&robbins lol

Talk about competition! hehe
    Yeah, you could've had real ice cream

I just started a "real" job and I didn't want to be like everyone and get a civic or a teg...
    Power + Handling
    (ITR would have been nice but then INS would have killed me)

Not really a car that contains "wow" for others .. ok the term is respect.. but whatever.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by MiNG
    i now feel like buying a street bike...max_boost get a street bike.
    Yes I feel like a bike too but I'm going to kill myself, I know it!

My Ride
    Corolla

"died a happy man"

Chose the neon because it's cheap, handles well and looks good. Way back in the day these cars were the hype (something new and different). I chose Brilliant Blue because blue is the best color a car can have.

7 years have gone by and I have no regrets, she still runs good and looks great!
    But rides like crap, accelerates like a slug, frameless windows are wind-noisy and is valued at $5,000

If I HAD to get another car, it would be a WRX in the same color, or maybe a Neon SRT.
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My Ride
    BMW E70

Originally posted by mwmhong

frameless windows are wind-noisy

Word. I hate mine too. I know 4 people with Neons, and all of them have had major problems with them. But then again, its all in the maintenance.

the neon looks ok but doesn't do it for me. subaru's are ok too but nothing too special. if i had the money i would get a BMW 3 series or benz slk. if you have the money for the car, insurance,... etc why not go for a higher end car instead of buying a lower end ecno box and mod it to go faster. lower end cars will never compare to the quality and refinement of say BMW or Benz.

Roland, drives a subaru ecno box

My Ride
    2Look slk

One day my mom came home with a '99 Tercel. I didn't like it but I had to drive it for a year. However, choosing my next car was the biggest headache!!! I wanted a car with an interior and exterior look that I liked. That was hard.

After doing tons of research I decided I wanted a Jetta but the snobby salesguy turned me off from buying one. I also liked the Prelude. I probably would have got one if not for my nosy friend who told me not to buy it because it was too cramped for him!! Then I looked at an Acura EL which I originally did not like. My friend loved it and convinced me to buy it. So it was set that I would buy an EL. A week b4 I was going to drop off the down payment I was looking at Infiniti's. I didn't like any of it but I let my stupid friend convince me to buy a G20. Now that I have it still, I TOTALLY regret being pushed around by that "friend". He's so damn selfish. I should have just bought what I like. My advice is don't let people tell you what to like but choose something you like!! Don't let anyone including salespeople push you around.

Then my next car, I had unlimited range. The SLK has been my dream car from the start. From the time when I first saw it and daydreamed about it before I had my license to the awful pre-order wait and the sleepless nights a week before I picked up the car. The wait was ALL WORTH IT!!!! As long as you're happy

girlRACER, you should not let that friend boss you around anymore

My first car was a 4th gen lude, I also fell in love with it when I was in grade 6, and I wanted one ever since, and it just had to be my first car.

My second car the choice was much harder. I didn't want another Prelude, and looked around a lot. I considered the WRX, 300ZX, and RSX-S. But went with the lude because WRX had too many people on the waiting list, I could only afford an older 300ZX (early 90's) and didn't want to spend that much money on such an old car, and went with the Lude over the RSX because I didn't really like the exterior stylings of the RSX (but its grown on me a lot since I've started seeing it more). So this I chose because there were no other cars I wanted, and no other cars I could really get. But now I'm very glad I went with another Prelude, and I just wish there was another generation Prelude that I could go with for my next car!

Originally posted by girlRACER
    I also liked the Prelude. I probably would have got one if not for my nosy friend who told me not to buy it because it was too cramped for him!! I didn't like any of it but I let my stupid friend convince me to buy a G20. Now that I have it still, I TOTALLY regret being pushed around by that "friend". He's so damn selfish. I should have just bought what I like.
    OMG I cannot believe whoever this supposed "friend" would have the nerve to convince you to not buy a car you like because it is too cramped for him! Does this friend at least pay you gas money for when you drive him around?

The wait was ALL WORTH IT!!!! As long as you're happy
    As they say on the other forums... WTTC!
    ---

Fastest dakota model made, simple as that!
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
    Fastest dakota model made, simple as that!
    tell the truth you bought cuz you thought your mullet would look bitchin in it! j/k

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast