Quantcast
RIAA: Screw em! Suin a 12 yr old girl! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: RIAA: Screw em! Suin a 12 yr old girl!

Default RIAA: Screw em! Suin a 12 yr old girl!

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/5349.htm

her and 260 other peeps were sued in the last 24 hours (261 total... so far...)

and resolved in 1 day to pay $2000... while college students hafta pay $15,000

http://www.msnbc.com/news/964154.asp?0bl=-0&cp1=1

i say if they come to your house , give em the finger tell em to fuck off and stop wasting your time and slam the door in their face

(sorry for bad language, but these guys are takin it a lil to far)

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

" "It's not like we were doing anything illegal," said Torres. "This is a 12-year-old girl, for crying out loud." "

they paid the 29.99 service fee from kazaa, if you were comp illiterate you would think that you would be safe too...

worst thing is i think, they are pickin on a 12 yr old girl with a 9 yr old brother and a single mom in a housing project.... obviously somebody who cant afford a high ticket lawyer to help em... this is bullshit. they are simply being nazi's and using terror tactics. a congressman even said: "They are no differeant than school yard bullies without teacher supervision! this must stop!"
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

wtf, i never even payed the $29.95 service fee!...they cant sue us in Canada can they !?!
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

As far as i know, canada is safe. (kazaa lite is free and older versions of kazaa are free... but if you are now downloading new ones its a service charge i believe... just get kazaa lite 2.4.2 and yoru 100% safe cause of Ip blocker n such)
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

As far as I'm concerned, I think downloading music is great for the consumer because it forces labels to put out a better product as opposed to investing in one-hit wonders that make a quick buck.

Honestly, if I were 16 again and actually paid $17 for a Baha Men album, I'd have to shoot myself. Bands such as Coldplay, Metallica, OLP, Foo Fighters, Eminem (shudder), etc. all still make a lot of money because they've proven that they can put out good songs on a consistent basis, and fans will still buy their albums because they are fans of good music. Not that one-hit "Who let the dogs out" shit.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    As far as I'm concerned, I think downloading music is great for the consumer because it forces labels to put out a better product as opposed to investing in one-hit wonders that make a quick buck.

Honestly, if I were 16 again and actually paid $17 for a Baha Men album, I'd have to shoot myself. Bands such as Coldplay, Metallica, OLP, Foo Fighters, Eminem (shudder), etc. all still make a lot of money because they've proven that they can put out good songs on a consistent basis, and fans will still buy their albums because they are fans of good music. Not that one-hit "Who let the dogs out" shit.
    i agree 100% !

if they didnt put out shit i wouldnt mind forkin over the $15. like you said, you may not like eminem but i bought all his cd's cause i love his stuff (his new stuff mroe than the old tho... ive only listened to his 1st cd maybe once? lol)

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

never thought of that before, so true!

Honestly, if I were 16 again and actually paid $17 for a Baha Men album, I'd have to shoot myself.
    .....ahhh shit, or N*Sync!
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

i thought new york post was like a tabloid
    Listen fam, she had a big rack of lamb
    And they caused mad problems like math exams
    Ask my man, her tits caused traffic jams

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
    i thought new york post was like a tabloid
    Even if it was, MSNBC wrote an update article. So it would actually be partially true.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Nice work on the 12 year old girl. I'm sure she was up to date with the legality of copyiright issues. Way to take down the real criminals, what a load o crap!!!!!
    Autosignature

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

The RIAA needs to realise that sales aren't falling off because of downloading music, its falling off because we are sick and fucking tired of listening to the same overly produced, recycled, soulless, uninspired crap over and over and over. If something original hit store shelves they would move a ton of it.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    2007 Acura TSX

http://www.ebolaworld.com/mainpage02.html

It's a flash site so click on "Taco Man Hates the RIAA"

Enjoyable cartoon.

your definitely not 'safe' in Canada. one of friends step dads is getting sued still from napster, and he's scared shitless of the same thing happening with kazaa right now. he told me that according to his lawyer, it really doesn't matter where you are, they can get you if they want to pursue it into your country.

can't f**king believe how far they are going with this though. if you pay a fee then your right to dl should be protected, and they people who collect the fees should be the only ones to go down. IF they are not paying the royalties.

What ive heard:

since napster , our cd prices (blank cd's), blank tapes (cassette and video) and some other recording products have gone up SLIGHTLY. Not really enough to notice but to protect us from this cause a portion of every blank cd we buy goto the royalites... thats what ive heard tho... not 100% positive

i say if you must file share, use kazaa lite 2.4.2 which blocks your ip and all of riaa's IP's

Originally posted by accordboi_02
    http://www.ebolaworld.com/mainpage02.html

It's a flash site so click on "Taco Man Hates the RIAA"

Enjoyable cartoon.

Last edited by kaput; 03-13-2019 at 12:52 AM.

Originally posted by t"raver1"smith
    your definitely not 'safe' in Canada. one of friends step dads is getting sued still from napster, and he's scared shitless of the same thing happening with kazaa right now. he told me that according to his lawyer, it really doesn't matter where you are, they can get you if they want to pursue it into your country.
    There was a segment on the news yesterday or the day before about this. They said you are safe in canada because of privacy laws (or something to that effect) but they are working on changing them soon. The guy actually said something like 'so download all your music now while you can' haha...

Originally posted by szw

There was a segment on the news yesterday or the day before about this. They said you are safe in canada because of privacy laws (or something to that effect) but they are working on changing them soon. The guy actually said something like 'so download all your music now while you can' haha...

no idea what thats all about, cause like i said my bud's dad is still in court with mettalica. only thing i can think is that it depends on who is willing to come to Canada to sue your ass. it's possible i could be wrong though i haven't been ear to the ground on this one to know all the in and outs. maybe someone else has the real goods on whether or not it is ok to dl.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by t"raver1"smith

no idea what thats all about, cause like i said my bud's dad is still in court with mettalica.
    Maybe you can get their autograph after

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast