Quantcast
Solo 2: Have you tried it yet? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Solo 2: Have you tried it yet?

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Talking Solo 2: Have you tried it yet?

As the resident Solo 2 Pusher, I'm here to ask if YOU have tried it yet? You're probably asking yourself, what is solo 2 anyways? The SCCA describes solo 2 thusly:

Solo II events are driving skill contests that emphasize the driver's ability and the car's handling characteristics. This is accomplished by driving a course that is designated by traffic cones on a low hazard location, such as a parking lot or inactive airstrip. While speeds are no greater than those normally encountered in legal highway driving, the combination of concentration and car feedback creates an adrenaline pumping experience. It is like being in a movie chase scene, only you are holding onto the steering wheel instead of a box of popcorn!
    Sound entertaining? Now, you're probably thinking that this is expensive, as racing is only for rich guys like kenny right? WRONG. Solo 2 is the cheapest way to go racing. The only requirements for safety equipment are a helmet and your factory seat belts. You don't have to have expensive suspension mods or tires and wheels to run. Entry fees are in the range of 20-30 dollars or so. Cheap cheap cheap.

Now, you're wondering how to get involved. Well, first step is to check out the Calgary Sports Car Club's website and see when there is a solo 2 event on the schedule. After that, all you have to do is show up before 6:00 on event day to get teched and registered, and you are good to go.

For more information on solo 2, contact myself either by email or PM and I'll hook you up with the goods See you at the track

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
    Sound entertaining? Now, you're probably thinking that this is expensive, as racing is only for rich guys like kenny right?
    LOL! It's true, Solo2 is cheap. I'm a wannabe rich kid, so it works for me (notice Kenny doesn't go to Solo2, just roadcourse events? He's a true high roller...)

As for a fast car, power is really useless out there. One of the quickest car out there is an AE86 Toyota Corolla with 110hp. It destroys everybody in raw times.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    BMW

Yeah, I'm totally out there doing Solo events once I get my '86 Corolla fixed up! That car was just made to do that! I won't bring the bimmer cause I don't want to get pylon scratches on my sides. I'm sure that's why Kenny doesn't do the Solo events as well...
    I will definately do the full track course if someone decides to drop out of the Aug 5 event!

I do the solo2 events, just not the ones that are in the oval as I do not want to needlessly bottom out and scrape coming into the infield off the oval banking, and the full roadcourse is where the fun is it, thats why I like those

I am definently not a high roller, lets not spread rumors now.
    ---

yup soloII has way more fun. my friend told me after doing soloII and go back to drag race, you will probably sleep while you are drag racing. depends what car you drive, ie. integra u will sleep for whole 14sec and wake up find out you have won the civic next to you. Automatic is the worse, you may hit the end of the track before waking up. dangerous !!
    Unlike drag racing, you won't sleep while you race, the only time you sleep is when you are lining up for race. HIGHLY RECOMMANDED FOR EVERYONE WITH A BIGGG GT WING.