Quantcast
Sponsor my race car ! ! :) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Sponsor my race car ! ! :)

Default Sponsor my race car ! ! :)

Okay so heres the deal, I have decided to not put my RSX on the street anymore and build it to compete in class next season in road events. Who and where can I find some sponsors, I mainly need to get tires for the track, a cage, harness and a fuel cell. Beyond that there are definitely things that would improve the chances of winning however racing is the goal. Any suggestions / takers?

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

When you're building a car and looking to get sponsors they expect you to pay for 98% of the expenses and if you're lucky maybe you'll be able to get items at cost. Calgary doesn't really have any race leagues for the type of car that you have that offer any recognition or even have spectators. Not to sound negative but unless you are buddies with a shop owner or have a crazy rsx already then chances are slim to none of getting any sort of sponsorship.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

well I like to think the fact that I am throwing a car work between 15-20k into a strictly race car it may entice some sponsor to get involved because it isn't a pos.
    Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Wait. Tom, THE Tom?
    Originally posted by Rusted Bumper
    As far as I can tell, tom_9109 has the most detailed and correct answer

My Ride
    Grimace

My Ride
    F355 Challenge/996TT/FD3S/968 Turbo/NSX

Originally posted by tom_9109
    well I like to think the fact that I am throwing a car work between 15-20k into a strictly race car it may entice some sponsor to get involved because it isn't a pos.
    Big deal. $15-20K for a race car isn't really all that much. A lot of guys have more than that in their engines. Besides you aren't "throwing" in a car for no reason. You expect to drive it don't you? You gotta pay to play - plain and simple.

In regards to sponsorship what's in it for the sponsor? What is your selling point? How much track experience do you have? I know if it was my business I wouldn't be too interested in sponsoring a back marker that was getting his ass handed to him by a so called "pos". Instead I would sponsor the "pos" because the cost would be lower and he's embarrasing a so called "nicer" car.

Ditch the attitude and listen to Redlyne. Then try and come up with a legitimate reason someone should sponsor you.
    Last edited by soloracer; 09-07-2008 at 09:36 PM.

My Ride

By the way, you are aware the track may not run next year - right? People expect it to still be in operation but I haven't heard anything definitive yet.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by soloracer

Big deal. $15-20K for a race car isn't really all that much. A lot of guys have more than that in their engines. Besides you aren't "throwing" in a car for no reason. You expect to drive it don't you? You gotta pay to play - plain and simple.

In regards to sponsorship what's in it for the sponsor? What is your selling point? How much track experience do you have? I know if it was my business I wouldn't be too interested in sponsoring a back marker that was getting his ass handed to him by a so called "pos". Instead I would sponsor the "pos" because the cost would be lower and he's embarrasing a so called "nicer" car.

Ditch the attitude and listen to Redlyne. Then try and come up with a legitimate reason someone should sponsor you.
    good post (minus the bitch slapping)

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

i would LOVE free tires and a cage! wow that would be awesome... but not likely, you would for sure have to have a friend or family member that owns a business that will sponsor your car, hell whole series have hard enough time getting worthwhile sponsors

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by soloracer

Big deal. $15-20K for a race car isn't really all that much.

Even most of the fanboi ricers spend that much on their shitty Civics and E36s. Cobbling together ebay turbos, SSAC headers, Neuspeed coilovers, and whatever else does eventually add up to a lot of money!

And ditto on the track experience. Not many people out there have enough track experience to even be competitive, and even then, to attract sponsors you've got to be better than the rest.

My Ride
    Audi

Default Re: Sponsor my race car ! ! :)

Originally posted by tom_9109
    Okay so heres the deal, I have decided to not put my RSX on the street anymore and build it to compete in class next season in road events. Who and where can I find some sponsors, I mainly need to get tires for the track, a cage, harness and a fuel cell. Beyond that there are definitely things that would improve the chances of winning however racing is the goal. Any suggestions / takers?
    Usually, you actually have to win, and win a lot before anyone will actually look at sponsoring you.

Why would anyone spend money to sponsor someone who can't win ?

My Ride
    Lease

Default Re: Re: Sponsor my race car ! ! :)

Originally posted by hampstor

Usually, you actually have to win, and win a lot before anyone will actually look at sponsoring you.

Why would anyone spend money to sponsor someone who can't win ?

So their company name can be plastered over someone's practice vehicle.

fuel cell $200
    roll cage $600
    do those out of pocket.

buy a couple sets of tires but talk a deal to get them cost+10% or something if you agree to buy x sets from them.

compete for a season or 2, get good point standings so you are at least doing well

then go back to said tire shop and see if they will give you a better deal, like 10% or 20% below cost to wear the shop name on the car.

good luck, it isn't going to be easy, especially in Calgary where we can barely keep a track open due to lack of money, intrest and sponser/advertising money spent at the local "track"

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

cage for $600? where?

My Ride
    it has wheels???

Body and alignment shop would be great places to try, Product a services are just as good as cash to a club level racer. especially the ones above for a production sedan. Oh and don't forget you also need a licensing school, nomex suit/underwear/gloves/shoes, helmet rated for a car racing and most likely a HANS as well...
    "Could you please turn down your car"- Ben

I guess he has not gotten the memo about race city.
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    See sig

If you can afford to turn your 15-20k daily driver into a track-day car then do it. Race for fun and excitement.

What racing experience do you even have? Anybody who's been out to any kind of organized racing event knows how this shit works and you don't have a clue.
    1978 Porsche 924//1987 Chevrolet Chevette
    //1987 Kia Besta//2000 Audi A6//2013 VW Jetta//2006 Kawasaki ZX6

My Ride

Originally posted by 88jbody
    fuel cell $200
    roll cage $600
    do those out of pocket.

buy a couple sets of tires but talk a deal to get them cost+10% or something if you agree to buy x sets from them.

compete for a season or 2, get good point standings so you are at least doing well

then go back to said tire shop and see if they will give you a better deal, like 10% or 20% below cost to wear the shop name on the car.

good luck, it isn't going to be easy, especially in Calgary where we can barely keep a track open due to lack of money, intrest and sponser/advertising money spent at the local "track"
    For road racing a fuel cell is closer to the $1000+ range and the roll cage will be $2000 - $4000 depending upon what you get.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

6-point cage with door bars plus:
    A pillar gussets L&R (1.5" dimples)
    B pillar gussets L&R (1.5" dimples)
    X in rear
    Harness bar for passenger

$1675

beat that

Ive put over 30k in my car alone , no sponser.. You need to do your own build first then think about getting someone to help you out.. Also you have to be a good driver , not just some guy who wants free stuff.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

Mods close this thread, it was supposed to be a request for insight on where to go not get bitched at for attitude and what not. Like really people.
    Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Wait. Tom, THE Tom?
    Originally posted by Rusted Bumper
    As far as I can tell, tom_9109 has the most detailed and correct answer

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast