Quantcast
speeding ticket - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: speeding ticket

My Ride
    2Look slk

Default speeding ticket

My first speeding ticket in the SLK!

Was clocked going 85km in a 60km zone on Bow Bottom Trail. Usually I never speed there but I was in such a rush to meet someone so I decided to take a chance. What a coincidence...my bad luck. Well at least I was only clocked going 85km when I was actually going 120km. I slammed on my brakes when I saw the cops hiding behind the fence. No seatbelt too!

Pretty lucky...got away with a $110 speeding ticket.

My Ride
    2008 Z06

Why the heck wern't you wearing a seatbelt?!?
    Current Cars:
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Stage 2, 12.44 at 110mph
    1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne C10 Pickup 402 big block, 700R4
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2003 BMW X5 4.6IS Doushmobile, moneypit
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST | Cobb Stage 1, catless downpipe
    2008 Corvette Z06 - 11.39 at 123.8mph
    2002 Corvette Z06 - 12.10 at 116.5mph
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
    1993 5L Mustang - 12.59 at 108mph
    1989 5L Mustang
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    1991 Acura Integra RS 403Honda

My Ride
    2011 BMW X5 5.0

Did you know if you dispute it, you can get another 10km off of your ticket? It's gaurantee less demerits and less fine.

Just go to the payment office and go see the crown prosecuter. Usually the ticket does not get there for about 2-3 weeks.
    Last edited by OMOYYC; 08-09-2002 at 09:47 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

Its ok Princess, I mean you are always speeding anyway so its about time you got caught
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

Originally posted by max_boost
    Its ok Princess, I mean you are always speeding anyway so its about time you got caught
    funny cause it's true!!

hehehe but yea go fight it, tell him that there's something wrong with your speedo, go to a mechanic that will write u up a receipt saying that u brought it in to get it fixed

lammer Guest

haha girlracer, i got clocked on bow trail too ..102 dollars i think it was. 81KM/h on 60km/h trail ahah.

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

What part exactly was this? I need to know so I don't get caught next time I'm in that neck of the woods!

My Ride
    2011 BMW X5 5.0

You don't need any excuses to fight the ticket. If you need one, just say "I am sure I wasn't going that fast." (works everytime)

Just go straight to the crown and he'll make you an offer usually. I usually prefer the one where there are no demerits but pay full fine.

Sometimes you get lucky and pay less fine and still no demerits.

Good luck!

Originally posted by Cwave
    You don't need any excuses to fight the ticket. If you need one, just say "I am sure I wasn't going that fast." (works everytime)

Just go straight to the crown and he'll make you an offer usually. I usually prefer the one where there are no demerits but pay full fine.

Sometimes you get lucky and pay less fine and still no demerits.

Good luck!
    She's a girl so most likely she will get less fine and no demerits If all else fails, just show some skin.
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

My Ride
    ACR/EG/FJZ80/DC4/DC2/22RE

Originally posted by Dope Dealer

If all else fails, just show some skin.
    That's what I was going to suggest

When you talk to the Crown prosecutor ask if it would be possible to get a reduction in demerits as you are worried about insurance. Hint towards paying the full fine.If it's your first offence more than likely it will just be a fine.

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

When I got a Ticket Reduced a couple weeks ago, the Crown Prosecutor was so nice. He dropped the Demerits for a 72km/h ticket in a 50 zone. I just have to pay the fine, I didnt even say anything to really help my cause, he just asked what happened, I didnt even lie,(too much) and he was like "ahhh just bad luck, i'll drop the Demerits" made my day.
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

People always get busted there right by the church, the south is very bad for cops, but fight the ticket, its a given either reduced fine and demerits

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride
    W220, W220, R171 AMG, W203 AMG

Originally posted by crxboi

hehehe but yea go fight it, tell him that there's something wrong with your speedo, go to a mechanic that will write u up a receipt saying that u brought it in to get it fixed
    I don't think this will work. My buddy's bro is a mechanic and susposidly he always has people driving porshces, MB, BMW, etc. coming in wanting to get there speedos checked thinking the calibration is off. He just laughs in there face because susposidly there always ban on.

My Ride
    97 Ls/Vtec ..95 Pathfinder

want to buy a nice radar detector? let me know.
    A$$

My Ride
    2Look slk

Originally posted by max_boost
    haha....so true. That's why I'm not that pissed off. I got off pretty lucky. When I got pulled over and the cop was in the car writing up my ticket I couldn't wipe the big grin on my face. I was in such shock. I was expecting to have my license suspended or a $200 ticket but when he handed me the ticket and I was only clocked at 85km/h I was so happy.

When I originally got pulled over, I parked so that my tail was sticking out of the fence and I guess people were seeing my car and started slowing down....so the cops told me to move my car so other people wouldn't see the trap!! Then some old guy in a LS400 got pulled over and started having a conversation with me about my car. hehe...funny

My Ride
    2Look slk

Originally posted by Cwave
    Did you know if you dispute it, you can get another 10km off of your ticket? It's gaurantee less demerits and less fine.

Just go to the payment office and go see the crown prosecuter. Usually the ticket does not get there for about 2-3 weeks.
    Do I go up to that booth that says Hearing Officer?

Ta-Dah! Guest

Originally posted by girlRACER

When I originally got pulled over, I parked so that my tail was sticking out of the fence and I guess people were seeing my car and started slowing down....so the cops told me to move my car so other people wouldn't see the trap!! Then some old guy in a LS400 got pulled over and started having a conversation with me about my car. hehe...funny
    There was a story in the newspaper a few months ago about a kid like 12 or 13ish standing ahead of a speed trap with a big cardboard sign that said something like "speed trap ahead"
    I forget what the cops did to him but it caused a bit of uproar
    some people said he was actually a good samaritan as people would slow down even if there was no real speed trap.. of course cops didn't see it that way..

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by Ta-Dah!

There was a story in the newspaper a few months ago about a kid like 12 or 13ish standing ahead of a speed trap with a big cardboard sign that said something like "speed trap ahead"
    I forget what the cops did to him but it caused a bit of uproar
    some people said he was actually a good samaritan as people would slow down even if there was no real speed trap.. of course cops didn't see it that way..
    Yeah I remember that. They tried to give those kids tickets for causing abstractions to motorists. Stupid cops... They just have to fuck over anyone, doesn't matter who....

Hey tom tom i might want that radar detector! PM what u got! thx
    http://www.sfu.ca/~joh/teg/fastlane.gif

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Yeah I remember that. They tried to give those kids tickets for causing abstractions to motorists. Stupid cops... They just have to fuck over anyone, doesn't matter who....
    I heard they were fined for Stunting... Creating a distraction for drivers or something. A week later on 12ave at that art shop with the Mona Lisa with the speach bubble, they put up a notice: "Large signs are a form of stunt "
    (or something like that)
    Damn +44411's

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast