Quantcast
Bad Experience At Dealership - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bad Experience At Dealership

Angry Bad Experience At Dealership

I just have to vent my thoughts on the treatment that i received at a car dealership yesterday and just wanted to know if anybody else has had similar or worse experiences.

So on Friday afternoon, me and a friend decided to go and test drive a Hyundai Tiberon. We went to the dealership in the North East and we were looking at the car in the showroom. We wanted some service but nobody acknowledged us for a long time. Finally, a salesperson came over to ask if there was anything that he could help us with. I said that i was interested in test driving the car . He looked at me and asked my how old i was. I told him my age (which i will not disclose but i am over 21) and he said that i could not test drive the car because i was not over 25 and their insurance policy does not cover anyone under the age of 25 who test drives a vehicle.

I was infuriated with that comment and my friend asked how i was supposed to be able to make a judgement about the car if i could not test drive it. The salesperson said that i could get my parents to test drive the car since they would be buying it for me. He just made the assumption that i would be requiring my parents to buy me a vehicle. When i said that my parents are not buying it for me, he then suggested that he could drive the vehicle while i sat in it.

At that point, my friend made a snarky comment about them probably not letting me buy the car since i was under 25 and that we should just go to the other dealerships.

I think that a lot of people at dealerships don't tend to take young people seriously because they don't think that we can afford the cars. It just makes me mad that the salespeople make a judgement about who they think can affor a car or not.

:madred:

This is not the first time I have heard bad salesman relations at the NE Hyundai dealership. Just stay away from them
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

My Ride
    BMW E70

Even Precision Hyundai (on McLeod Tr) said they get tons of people who have had horrible service at Calgary Hyundai (NE). If your looking for a Hyundai try Precision, they were good to me.

I've had tons of bad experiences at dealerships...and I know its all age related. I also find with most salesman, once they have you rmoney from the sale of a car, they don't care about you anymore :madred:

As for having tobe older than 25 to test drive, that is I've been test driving new and used cars since I've been 16 and nobody's ever told me that. And it wasn't just Neons and Cavaliers...I test drove my 1.6EL by myself before I took my parents back to buy it

The guy sells Hyundais for a living, you can't expect him to be happy.

I would have some stern words with this guy and maybe ask other salesmen to help you out, or even talk to the manager about his conduct, emphasizing his uncourteous treatment towards you and how this can lead to lost business.

Me and a buddy were looking at cars at an unnamed Toyota dealership, some rude asian dude comes over starts glaring at us, then stomps over and glares some more, so we just ask a few questions, he gives some answers (rude tone), then asks my buddy whether he can afford it (rude tone again). Buddy says, "I make more money than you make, and I don't wear cheap suits like you do." LOL! Even the secretary there was giggling a bit.
    Guy stomps off without looking back. Fucker :madred:
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

haha. i remember going to calgary honda a couple years ago and no salespeople even looked at us. we talked to one lady who was actually buying a honda, and she was really helpful. but besides that i got better service from centaur subaru looking at a brand new legacy gt. than when i was looking at a brand new civic. makes sense don't it?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2008 Z06

That's weird. At the Acura dealership about 7 months ago, I went in there and had no problem test driving a RSX-S. I wasn't even considering buying it, I just wanted to drive it. A dealer came with me, and he wanted me to push it like crazy. So I hit redline every shift and he had me zig zagging through turns with as much speed as I was comfortable with driving an unfirmiliar car. It was great.
    Current Cars:
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Stage 2, 12.44 at 110mph
    1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne C10 Pickup 402 big block, 700R4
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2003 BMW X5 4.6IS Doushmobile, moneypit
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST | Cobb Stage 1, catless downpipe
    2008 Corvette Z06 - 11.39 at 123.8mph
    2002 Corvette Z06 - 12.10 at 116.5mph
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
    1993 5L Mustang - 12.59 at 108mph
    1989 5L Mustang
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    1991 Acura Integra RS 403Honda

Originally posted by Ekliptix
    That's weird. At the Acura dealership about 7 months ago, I went in there and had no problem test driving a RSX-S. I wasn't even considering buying it, I just wanted to drive it. A dealer came with me, and he wanted me to push it like crazy. So I hit redline every shift and he had me zig zagging through turns with as much speed as I was comfortable with driving an unfirmiliar car. It was great.
    Was this NW Acura? They push people to test drive the cars.
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

My Ride
    2008 Z06

nope, alone MacLeod tr.(sp?)
    Current Cars:
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
    1989 5L Mustang
    1990 Jeep Cherokee

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

An older guy with a moustache?

When I was looking at buying a new car a few years ago now, I went to silverhill to look at an Integra GS-R. We went out for a test drive, and I was driving like a total pansy. Finally the guy from the dealership was like "Don't be shy, really open it up." so from that point onward I beat the living hell out of that car. Thats the only time I've ever had someone from a dealership tell me to pound on their product.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    2008 Z06

no, he was a relativly young guy. I think he suspected that I just wanted to drive it so he let me go ahead. I really liked the interior
    Current Cars:
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
    1989 5L Mustang
    1990 Jeep Cherokee

nope, alone MacLeod tr.(sp?)
    Ahhh, the Silver Hill dealership. There is only two Acura dealerships in Calgary (NW Acura and Silver Hill).

My Ride
    a wrx.

I don't think it's true that salesmen stop caring and drop you after they sell you the car. As I'm sure some of you may know, dealerships don't make a lot of money from selling cars. Where they make their money is from servicing cars. Only a dealership can charge $50 for an oil change! So the trick is to pretend to know nothing about cars, and the dealership will love you (and try to rip you off).

Originally posted by 4wheeldrift

An older guy with a moustache?
    I got that guys card somewhere, he was THEE nicest salesperson I've ever met, answered all questions, OFFERED a test drive in the RSX, even encouraged me to shop around. The guy deserves a
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

I had a similar experience at the ford dealership where deerfoot and glenmore meet. Wanted to take the stang GT out for a spin, got a salesperson to finally acknowledge me and we looked at the car. Finally after asking the usual questions i asked if i could take it for a spin, he told me no, insurance doesn't cover people under 25. I know this is bullshit becuase i had just spent the past 3 hours testing various other new cars. I then told him that i would take my business elsewhere and left.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    BMW E70

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
    I don't think it's true that salesmen stop caring and drop you after they sell you the car. As I'm sure some of you may know, dealerships don't make a lot of money from selling cars. Where they make their money is from servicing cars. Only a dealership can charge $50 for an oil change! So the trick is to pretend to know nothing about cars, and the dealership will love you (and try to rip you off).
    Depends on the sales person. When I bought my EL from Silverhill the salesman would always talk to me when I brought the car in for service. My mom had really piss-poor service after she bought her Passat from Northland VW. We now service it at South Centre Fine cars and they are awesome.

With my Accord, after the sale was done, the salesman was rude and completely uncaring. He won't return my calls now. High River honda can suck me if they think I'll ever buy from them again

Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
    Depends on the sales person. When I bought my EL from Silverhill the salesman would always talk to me when I brought the car in for service. My mom had really piss-poor service after she bought her Passat from Northland VW. We now service it at South Centre Fine cars and they are awesome.
    My sister bought a VW Golf CL from Northland VW back in 1997 and it is very poor service. I went in there the other day and all the sales people seem like scum bags.

However at the Auto Haus (VW), there is one salesman that is the best I have ever met. He knew everything about the cars and let us test drive it and told us to shop around. If I ever get a VW, I am going to go to him. I forgot his name though.
    Last edited by Dope Dealer; 08-10-2002 at 01:27 PM.

Ta-Dah! Guest

yea thats bullshit..
    test drove a tib with a buddy when we were 16 and 17/18 something like that... no problems..
    depends heavily on the salesperson... and theyre lets put it "biased" there...
    for example if youre asian the east indian service managers and salespeople will treat you like shit.

My Ride
    97 Ls/Vtec ..95 Pathfinder

you should go get the 25k or however much it is go in there with it and throw it in somone elses face, and say make sure that guy dosnt get any of this lol
    A$$

Originally posted by Ta-Dah!
    yea thats bullshit..
    test drove a tib with a buddy when we were 16 and 17/18 something like that... no problems..
    depends heavily on the salesperson... and theyre lets put it "biased" there...
    for example if youre asian the east indian service managers and salespeople will treat you like shit.
    That's probably why i got shitty service since i am asian and it was some east indian guy that was "helping" us. I agree that over 25 rule is totally bullshit since the friend i was there with had gone to the same dealership a few years ago and he was able to test drive the cars with no problems.

It's just at some dealerships where i get treated like this, last year when i actually bought my RSX-S i got pretty good service at Silverhill Acura.

Right after we left the Hyundai dealership, we went to Nissan and the salesperson there was actually very helpful and let us take the X-terra out without coming along. He just let us have the keys and said to have fun.

My Ride
    2Look slk

When I was at the car show 2 years ago I was drooling over the SLK and I wouldn't let anyone sit in it for half an hour. The saleslady started calling me SLKgirl and told me that if I loved the car so much I should come in and test drive the car. That was back when I was a punk.

A year later I went into Lonestar to look at the C-class with my mom and the saleguy said I could sit in the SLK while my he was talking with my mom but that I could not touch anything and that that car was twice as much as the one my mom was looking at, so I was pretty special to even sit in it.

Another year later I went back to buy the car from that nice lady but she was not working. When I walked into the dealership, the salesguy my mom bought the car from would not even acknowledge my existence. He just kept giving me snobby looks and glances. Sadly, that is the guy I bought the car off of!!!

So when I was into look at the SLK, I was looking at the SL's! And the guy says to me, you can sit and look but don't touch anything cause that car can buy 2 slk's!!! I wonder what he says to the SL-drivers then?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast