Quantcast
Auburn Bay vs Mahogany? Any suggestions? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Auburn Bay vs Mahogany? Any suggestions?

My Ride

Default Auburn Bay vs Mahogany? Any suggestions?

I was planning on moving to Auburn Bay but Mahogany just opened up this last Saturday. It's going to be one of those two area's for sure.. anyone heard anything good/bad about Mahogany yet?

I've never considered moving into an area that new before.. are the prices on lots so low because the area is so new? If you look on the Jayman site and custom build a home it shows lots at 10-15k that would be 75k+ in Auburn Bay. Gonna go check out some show homes this weekend and see what it's like.
    Click here to check out my racing sim...

Originally posted by GQBalla
    tictactoe2004 you are scary

My Ride
    bmw m3

in my opinoun auburn bay is overrated.
    Last edited by civic_rida; 09-18-2008 at 10:59 PM.

My Ride
    300C srt8, Venza, F150, Expedition

Auburn bay is nice

buy only from jayman,.. their prices are reasonable,.. all others are out-of-wack!

people are trying to still make a buck there thinking the market will still rise in auburn bay

It is nice there tho,.. HOA fees are higher than avergage but you have access to the lake.

fyi: you can still use a realtor to negotiate/represent you with jayman and any other builder.
    Burn some serious rubber on your Wedding Night!!

Renovating a home the hard way:
    http://propertysensei.wordpress.com/

I would consider Mahogany first. Yes it only has 5 showhomes built and will be a construction site for the next 5 years. But IMO the houses will be better built. We are not on a 600 a year per builder "building spree" anymore. Alot of the homes in Auburn even though its above average builders, the homes were slapped together. Also, Stepper is in there and they build good quality homes.

Mahogany will be very nice once completed. (Bigger lake than Auburn also)

My Ride
    98 Jetta

Lots will be cheaper in Mahogany as it will be in any brand new area. They discount the lots to encourage people to move into the new areas. Auburn Bay is Nice. Lake fees for the year are around $400 depending on how far you are from the lake but that what I paid last year for my lake fees and it's well worth it.

I built 2 block off the lake in one of the first stages in auburn and I built with Bay West. I love the house and the build quality is fantastic. I've talked to some of my neighbors who built with other company's and they aren't as happy with their homes as I am with Mine.

Also the reason that people are selling so high in auburn is that fact that the lake is done and the hospital will be so close so they figure they should get more for their homes. I'm willing to wait until it's almost done as then it should be a good time to sell with the doctors and nurses looking to move down with-in walking distance to work.

My Ride
    bmw m3

yea if you want to hear sirens all night long live in auburn bay.

Default Re: Auburn Bay vs Mahogany? Any suggestions?

Originally posted by tictactoe2004
    If you look on the Jayman site and custom build a home it shows lots at 10-15k that would be 75k+ in Auburn Bay.
    I'm pretty sure there are no lots under 125k in Auburn Bay, there shouldn't be any under 150k even...

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Yeah not a huge fan of Auburn Bay myself....iam gonna look into buying in Mahogany first phase on the lake....not to live in but flip...i think its gonna be a great investment as i head you can get a nicly done 2400 sq foot home on the lake for 950k

do first phase Mahogany

ohhh and to whomever posted its going to be a bigger lake then Auburn..you are correct as far as SQ fottage goes, but its gonna be a hige horse shoe...very long and narrow

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    bmw m3

There something about buyin in a established neighborhood thats appealing.

Auburn Bay.

In Mahogany it will be years before you actually get the lake and not feel like you are living in the middle of a construction zone. At least Auburn Bay is established and with the building slowing down I predict Mahogany will be barren for quite some time.

My Ride
    Has four wheels

I can't speculate on the area...there's Cranston right across Deerfoot from Auburn Bay too.

But, what I can say is- Don't buy Jayman

Not personal experience or anything, but I have heard nothing but bad things about them.

My Ride

Originally posted by sputnik
    Auburn Bay.

In Mahogany it will be years before you actually get the lake and not feel like you are living in the middle of a construction zone. At least Auburn Bay is established and with the building slowing down I predict Mahogany will be barren for quite some time.
    They say the lake will be complete by summer/fall of 2009... but i'm sure there will be some kind of delay on something like that. We're gonna go look at the show homes tomorrow just to compare. On one hand we like how Auburn Bay is a little more established and we can buy and move in quickly. On the other hand we can get a nicer house that's 10-15% bigger for the same price if we build. What to do, what to do...
    Click here to check out my racing sim...

Originally posted by GQBalla
    tictactoe2004 you are scary

My Ride
    bmw m3

i was in auburn bay two weeks ago and it felt like a construction zone.

Originally posted by civic_rida
    i was in auburn bay two weeks ago and it felt like a construction zone.
    Visit Mahogany. There is a grand total of 8 houses in the middle of nowhere.

Originally posted by tictactoe2004

They say the lake will be complete by summer/fall of 2009... but i'm sure there will be some kind of delay on something like that. We're gonna go look at the show homes tomorrow just to compare. On one hand we like how Auburn Bay is a little more established and we can buy and move in quickly. On the other hand we can get a nicer house that's 10-15% bigger for the same price if we build. What to do, what to do...
    I think it will be delayed. Mahogany is already 6 months behind from where they originally claimed it would be.

You also have to consider that new home builds have dramatically slowed in Calgary. Auburn Bay has been under construction for 4+ years now and that was going through the boom in 2005 when housing starts were at an all time high.