Quantcast
Girl hit on 17th Ave SW last night - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Girl hit on 17th Ave SW last night

My Ride
    A gas guzzler

Default Girl hit on 17th Ave SW last night

A girl was hit while attempting to cross 17th ave last night directly in front of Tequila nightclub around 2:20 am.

the girl seemed to have just minor injuries, but was still taken to hospital.

the car that hit her and took off from the scene, was an 03-05 Chevrolet Cavalier 2 door, Silver in color. License plate MSA 607.

numerous people made statements to the police, and if you know who this guy is, give him a solid shit-kicking, or get him to turn himself in. It takes a pretty big coward to drive away like nothing happened after you smoke a pedestrian.

My Ride
    Axis powers

he was probably drunk
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    A gas guzzler

Originally posted by adam c
    he was probably drunk
    i would have to agree with you...

Not to sound ignorant, but at 2:20 in the morning was she shit faced and dancing in the street or something? Im not saying she deserves to be hit, but if she was screwing around in the middle of the road.......

and i agree, the guy was more than likely drunk too.

My Ride
    LCI E90 :-)

Originally posted by dannie
    Im not saying she deserves to be hit, but if she was screwing around in the middle of the road.......

... just because you are drunk doesn't mean you can cross anytime/anywhere you want.

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

That street is a bad combination of drivers showboating and being inattentive and moronic pedestrians that think they are invincible and just jump into traffic on the assumption that drivers will see them and stop.

My Ride
    A gas guzzler

Originally posted by badatusrnames
    That street is a bad combination of drivers showboating and being inattentive and moronic pedestrians that think they are invincible and just jump into traffic on the assumption that drivers will see them and stop.
    agreed 110%

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I think we should put up "Pub" and "Club" zones with a 30km/h speed limit between 11pm and 3am.

After 13 years of driving, I've never had to once slam on my brakes because some kid was running across the road in a playground zone, I have however had to slam on my brakes on MANY occasions, due to drunk "adults"
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

LOL. Sorry, hope the girl gets better, but I've seen the stupidity of pedestrians outside that club and I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

I hate 17th avenue, there's too many douche bags walking/driving around that avenue. It's as if they all want to get together in one street. I try to avoid that street now as much as I can. It doesn't help that the girlfriend lives behind that street.

That's where I got in a car accident not too long ago last Oct 2007. I was coming out of the parking lot when two racing cars, a 2001 BMW and a 2005 Celica happen to be doing well over 80KM(estimate of coarse) and slam into my car just as I got out of the parking lot. The Celica and my Prelude took most of the damage, both cars being written off.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    I think we should put up "Pub" and "Club" zones with a 30km/h speed limit between 11pm and 3am.

After 13 years of driving, I've never had to once slam on my brakes because some kid was running across the road in a playground zone, I have however had to slam on my brakes on MANY occasions, due to drunk "adults"

Funny cause it's true.

My Ride
    1991 CRX, sir.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

That's actually a pretty good idea...

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

slightly off topic, but i really would like to see a pedestrian reeducation program start. if drivers are targeted for speeding and other violations (as they rightly should, by the way), pedestrians really should be targeted for stuff like jaywalking and stuff.

unfortunately, a lot of people think of it as a one-way street (no pun intended). sure, 9 times out of 10, you can probably say in a car-pedestrian incident, it's the car's fault. but who do you think is going to be worse for wear out of that situation?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    eg6 b16a2

was she hot? if not not ehhh.... hahah just kiddingg
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by dannie
    Not to sound ignorant, but at 2:20 in the morning was she shit faced and dancing in the street or something? Im not saying she deserves to be hit, but if she was screwing around in the middle of the road.......

and i agree, the guy was more than likely drunk too.

Originally posted by badatusrnames

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

I think they should just turn 17th ave into a full pedestrian zone (no cars at all) from 10pm til 3am Friday and Saturday.

From like, 1st st to 14st or so, people can drive on the adjacent aves if necessary - I guess that would mean no more ricer flybys infront of melrose, but so be it if it saves some people from getting hurt.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

While I understand your guys thoughts on wanting to make the area a "pub zone" or a pedestrian area, it won't solve the issue. What about the side roads? You will still have the drunk person trying to get to their car by crossing the road beside the bar or behind it.

I hate drunk drivers. If you have the money to drink, you have the money for a cab. Same thing goes with this sort of thing. If you are old enough to be legally drinking, you should be able to make a proper decision about whether or not to run out in the middle of the road.

I think that people generally lack responsibility for themselves. If you have to rely on other people to look out for you to this extreme, there is a problem. Especially if you are a adult.

My Ride
    03' SVT Cobra 10th ann vert

i have almost ran over many people on that road, if is really bad. so much lights and all it makes it hard to see people crossing the road.

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    slightly off topic, but i really would like to see a pedestrian reeducation program start. if drivers are targeted for speeding and other violations (as they rightly should, by the way), pedestrians really should be targeted for stuff like jaywalking and stuff.

unfortunately, a lot of people think of it as a one-way street (no pun intended). sure, 9 times out of 10, you can probably say in a car-pedestrian incident, it's the car's fault. but who do you think is going to be worse for wear out of that situation?

Totally agree. Pedestrians need to smarten up and realize that they have a lot more to lose in a car-pedestrian incident.

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Originally posted by adamc
    I think they should just turn 17th ave into a full pedestrian zone (no cars at all) from 10pm til 3am Friday and Saturday.

From like, 1st st to 14st or so, people can drive on the adjacent aves if necessary - I guess that would mean no more ricer flybys infront of melrose, but so be it if it saves some people from getting hurt.
    I drive up and down 17 a lot on Friday/Saturday nights because I live there. It's much safer to use this road than it is to try and cross over every street (especially fourth) where I have the stop sign and perpendicular traffic doesn't. The only time I had an issue with drunks was 2am when I was using the half of a curb lane the parked cars leave me with, some guy was standing between the parked cars and hit his hand on my car when I went by, I guess I was too close to him.

People probably think I do it for something to do, I must go by the Ship And Anchor 4-6 times on any Friday night.
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast