Quantcast
Leather Couches - Where to Shop? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Leather Couches - Where to Shop?

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Default Leather Couches - Where to Shop?

OK new thread, new question.

I'm looking for some leather for the living room. I need a full length Leather couch and a love seat, or perhaps a nice leather chair or two.

I'm going to go for a really dark brown or black leather to match my black table.

Now where should I go for reasonable prices?
    - Ashley?
    - Brick ?
    - Sears Home ?
    - ????
    - Costco?

What kind of prices should I be paying for a leather couch set?

Thanks!

------------
    edit:
    Adding pics of Living Room:

^^^ Existing 5 year old couch, i have no attachment to this thing

^^^ The dining area and kitchen table form the other thread haha

The way we had this all st up before was with the TV on top of the fireplace. It seems to work pretty good, but I am open to suggestions :-)
    Last edited by broken_legs; 09-23-2008 at 11:46 AM.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

My parents went to Rossini's when they bought their leather couch, as for pricing, not too sure, rents paid $3500 for theirs
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

lazy boy has some really nice ones

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

The Brick for sure. I get all of my stuff from them

My Ride
    2006 Crown Vic -P71,2005 Ford F-450,1998 Audi A-4

try Penthouse on Blackfoot I got a realy nice set from there for about $4,400.00 in capichino
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Do you want modern or traditional?

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Leather Express..... you might luck out and find something in their clearance section.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by dannie
    Do you want modern or traditional?

What do you think would best match the table?

I'm thinking a more squared looking dark dark brown to black leather couch and love seat would go pretty good.

We've got real hardwood upstairs here. I'll take some pictures soon when I have the place cleaned up and maybe you ladies can drop your expert opinions again
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    E36 M3

If you've got the cash, Roche Bobois carries a lot of REALLY fascinating pieces. A lot of it is designed to work in small spaces, so it can be quite versatile at the same time as being quite avant-garde as far as looks go.

They've even got...not really sure what to call it...a "hutch" that has sliding doors much like a minivan and you polish it with the same stuff you would your car!

I suck at embedding... sorry about the links. You could do something like this plus you get a new tv with it.

http://thebrick.com/Application/Cart...2DCA943DDCA49F

If your heart is not set on leather, this one would be beautiful. I am a big fan of microsuede. (Leather is sticky in the summer... and when you have a nap on the couch and move out of the spot that your body has warmed up, its cooooold ) I have something very similar to this. Love it. Mine has two chaise on it though.

http://thebrick.com/Application/Cart...2DDD39EC243EFF

There is a store called the Eclectic Home at the corner of McLeod and Heritage. Its in the mall with the winners. The stuff they have in there is awesome! The girls that own the store are very helpful too. I would look there and see what they have.

Can you fit a sectional in there or a sofa with a chaise?

My Ride
    CRF 250L

BUMP. Added pictures of the living room to the first post.

My Ride
    Nissan Altima 2.5S

Try Leon's too:

Leon's Website
    znx` ||

I would do a sofa with a chaise where the blue couch is. The chaise end beside the wall. I would do two comfy chairs, one on either side of the window. Put a flatscreen above the fireplace, do some low built-in shelving that comes to the bottom of either window on the side of the fireplace. Oh, and if you had the money, I would redo the fireplace. First thing though, find a microsuede chaise for the corner.

Seeing your room, I am going to stick to the chaise thing because if you have two people (im assuming significant other) on the couch, one can lay out on the chaise and the other across the other side of the couch.

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

Check out http://www.eliteleather.com/

We got the Pasedena couch from them, in a dark brown/chocolate colour. It is super comfortable, and the quality is really good. Ordered it through www.sojournhome.com, which is down south in Deerfoot Meadows close to the Costco.

IMO, Leons, The Brick, Sears, Ashley, and the like are shit. The product is crap and over priced. I have spent the last two months furniture shopping and my list of palces to check out:
    Nordesign - by far my first stop - so much nice stuff and if you can get something on sale, its a great deal. Picked up a couch and loveseat for $1850 from $3900. My parents know the owners and sales people and have bought virtually everything in our house from them. Really nice contemporary European furniture.
    EQ3 - check out their warehouse in airdire - most furniture is 50-90% of retail
    Rosinni's - didn't buy anything from them, but great sales staff who take the time to show you what makes furniture good or bad
    Sklar Pepplar - see above for service, picked up a leather reclining couch from them a year ago, good price, great product, delivery guys took the time to take the unit apart to get it in the doors and put it back together rather than scratch the walls.

Of course, you may get different results depending where you go, but those are my top choices.

I also liked: Willow Studio, Revolve, Kilian, Kit Interiors.
    Check them out and buy stuff on clearance (but not floor stock)

My Ride
    CRF 250L

ahhhhhh

So today was pretty fun. I hit 8 stores in 3 hours.

I was in the N.E. at the Costco so I hit up all those furniture stores around there.

- Checked out Costco: Nothing there. I had a friend who bought an amazing leather couch there. Maybe they had to order it in??

- Stopped at Ambers Furniture: Some actual CANADIAN MADE Leather peices there. I could pick up a decent set there for around 4000

- Stopped at "Fair Deal Furniture": They had some lower end contemporary looking couch with the leather that has that stuff added on top of it for durability for about 1800 for the set. It seemed OK.

- Stopped at Sears Home: Sales guys there look at you then shy away. I've had this experience every time i've been in that store. Too bad. Maybe I should wear a suit and tie next time I go to the N.E....

- United Furniture Warehouse: $1500 for the love, sofa and chair called the "Jaguar". Made from real leather. Its obviously a discount set. Found some other stuff there that came with a free 42" TV, but also seemed low quality.

- The Brick: Had some nicer stuff, but prices were way out of touch. I found the EXACT SAME "JAGUAR" couch set at The Brick, but they wanted 2900 for it. LOL . Fuck the brick.

- SOFA and Bedroom DEPOT Same thing as United and the Brick, they had some lower end "Leather" (Duraleather 17% leather, 25% cotton & polyster) peices there. I found a contemporary looking set there made by Ashley that was pretty comfy and looked pretty good too for 1800. Had it been a hundred cheaper and in stock I might have bought it right then and there...

- Drove all the way down to LEONS: Had much nicer quality furniture, although some brands were teh same cheap stuff only presented better. found some really nice real 100% leather sets there, but the prices are 2900-4500. No bargaining at Leons. They did have one set on sale for 2200, but I'd compare it to the "Jaguar" set at the brick and United, only slightly better.

~4400 at Leons but in Black:

~2200 for this set:

Thanks for the tips on the other places guys, I will check them out tomorrow and report my findings.
    Last edited by broken_legs; 09-23-2008 at 10:25 PM.

My Ride
    Accord Coupe

Default Leather Couches

Best bet is Sofa King!
    Their prices are Sofa King low!

nm
    Last edited by e36bmw///; 03-05-2018 at 02:34 PM.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

If u want stuff from Costco, its all online, nothing at the stores
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by e36bmw///
    first off, i dont think you should match a sofa set(3k) to a coffee table(300 max)

get a sofa set you want, then get a table

go for a modern look, always in style
    Sorry I should have clarified for those who weren't in the other thread. haha. I was talking bout my bar height dinner table seen in the dinner area.

But good point. I've already been eyeing up a nice leather ottoman with two leather cushions that flip over into trays on the other side.

EDIT:

Checked online at Costco:

Looking good......

^2,549

^3,399

^3,799

^2,199

^2,799

^2,799

^3,099

^2,779
    Last edited by broken_legs; 09-23-2008 at 11:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast