Quantcast
Teenager dies in stolen car - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Teenager dies in stolen car

Top notch parenting right here. Bravo.

Originally posted by 403Gemini

Thing is parents try to be friends with their kids now. Be friends with your kids when they're 17-18. Be their parents when they're kids though.
    Couldn't have said it better.

Thanks man, like dont get me wrong I hung out with my dad all the time as a kid but I always knew he was my dad. We'd do yard work together, build shit, Hell he'd take me to work some days (We lived in Stettler when i was younger), but I always knew he was my dad and respected him as such no matter where we were. Be it out in public or at home. Probably helped that he was an army brat and raised me the same way

I remember joking about the kids help line with my dad in jr high when he was pissed and he said "That line is for kids who are victums. You aren't a victum, you're a little shit and nobody feels sorry for you" haha man did that make me man up pretty quick.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Toyota Previa

Did the deceased found on the yard go through the windshield?

Or did he crawl away and pass after?

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I remember joking about the kids help line with my dad in jr high when he was pissed and he said "That line is for kids who are victums. You aren't a victum, you're a little shit and nobody feels sorry for you" haha man did that make me man up pretty quick.
    Kids help line!:

"Somebody's gonna get a hurtin' realllll bad"

^ that made my nite. He's awesome.

** I had to Youtube it. Made me laugh.

For those that don't know:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn5jlrxcpkI
    Last edited by dannie; 09-23-2008 at 08:58 PM.

My Ride
    STi

Originally posted by sabad66
    Holy shit I didn't think there would be this many people saying that they deserve it. Gangsters who go around stabbing/killing people is understandable but 12-16 year old kids who don't know any better?

They do deserve to be punished but not by death..

Well that's where I disagree. By 12-16 you should at least know that stealing a car and joy riding it is WRONG. Thus I do not feel the least bit sympathetic. Hell, I knew what was right or wrong at that age, and if I did something wrong, I'd pay the consequences.. simple as that. How can you say that they didn't know better. You mean they don't know stealing a car is wrong??

My Ride
    '10 Civic

Originally posted by bosanel

You wanna know which group of kids that's behind the majority of joy ride motivated car thefts in this city? Rich ass, products of good homes, bright horizon, future leader kids... How do I know this? Ask a city police officer where they find recovered joy ridden cars... The N.W.
    i lol'd

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Kloubek

No you can't watch your kids 100% of the time. But with good parenting, you instill then with the morals, values, and (yes) fear, which keep them from getting involved in such activities.

I would have been scared shitless to get involved in stealing and driving around a car when I was a kid. If my parents found out, I would be in a world of trouble. And that was a big deal to me. And no matter what world you live in, even a kid can establish that stealing and joyriding a car is NOT acceptable.

Obviously, these kids were none too concerned about what was right and what was wrong. They were not very concerned about what would happen if their parents found out - most likely because in prior incidents, the parents didn't punish the kids as they should have, or projected that they really didn't care that much when the kids did wrong.

I never want to see people die - let alone children. Seriously - RIP. But as cold as it sounds, this incident ended the life of someone who could quite likely have been a career criminal when he got older. If you aren't taught not to do things like this as a kid, you're not likely to fare any better as an adult. And one less criminal off the streets really isn't a negative to me....
    !

Yep. I'm starting to see it in some of my younger cousins already. Age 9-11 and just fucking shit disturbers. Their parents who are my aunts/uncles have no fucking clue. They just don't get it or just don't know how to discipline. It's frustrating because the signs are there. Kids are disrespectful, talking back, not listening, poor grades etc. I know I wouldn't let that shit fly if I were a parent.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Calgary Sun article:

September 24, 2008

Popular teenage chat-site provides gut-wrenching insight into deadly car crash, but only saying goodbye matters now
    By MICHAEL PLATT

No matter how you try and make sense of it, you end up shaking your head.

One teenager dead, another clinging to life, and yet another -- a boy said to have 18 stitches in his scalp as a result of Sunday's deadly car crash -- typing away on his computer, telling the world about the gory scene.

"...i opended my eyes and i was the only one in the car i got out and i felt my head it was split open but i didn't care i looked for (the dead boy) and he was face down and when i fliped him over his face was all bloody and he was out cold and im like ... noo noo please noo and then the rest it mostly a blur..."

So reads part of the gut-churning account of the early morning wreck, posted on the popular teenage chat-site Nexopia by one of five boys involved in the stolen-car joyride turned tragic.

The Sun won't name the kids, due to their ages and charges pending.

But they're all there on the site, named by the writer, one of four who survived the 1:20 a.m. crash, which ended when a stolen Honda Civic slammed into a tree on Buckthorn Rd. N.W.

He writes under a pseudonym, his profile photo that of a hoodie-wearing thug giving the finger to the world -- yet when contacted on his cellphone, the person on the other end is soft, polite and shy.

"Uh, no, I don't want to say anything," he says, after confirming he wrote the posting on Nexopia.

A telemarketer dialling the same number would probably ask to speak to the boy's parents, the writer sounds that young on the phone.

Of course, they were all young -- aged 12 to 16, according to police.

Perhaps the biggest head shaker of all is what these kids were doing, roaming the streets well past midnight, finding trouble and tragedy behind the wheel of car.

Whether the boy's mom is now aware her injured son is typing away, sharing the details of the death ride with the world, isn't clear: She tells the Sun to call back in a few minutes, and then refuses to pick up the phone again.

There's also no way of knowing if she knew where her son was that night.

The mother of the dead teen earlier told the Sun that her boy, a budding soccer star, was only there to protect his cousin from a bad crowd, given to car theft and stealing.

He was an innocent kid, in the wrong place with a crowd of delinquent strangers, she says.

But the Nexopia description begs to differ, saying the fatal ride started as the dead teen was planning to go "car hopping" -- a slang term for stealing from unlocked cars:

"so for all you that know about what happened then uhh yeah well im gonna say the true story so it was like 12 or so and as we all know (the dead boy) is one of the best kids i know and he wanted to go car hoppin and then abit later (another teen) called me saying yo we got a car and im like ... lets go well get around faster ..."

The account of the crash continues, with the driver allegedly making the fatal decision to stunt in the stolen car.

"(The driver) is like yo lets hit a jump and (the dead boy) and me and (another passenger) were like noo noo cause then he started driven really fast and we hit the jump ..."

The aftermath has already been in the headlines -- one dead, one critically injured, and three more teens left bruised and bleeding.

The head-shaking started the minute police revealed it was a stolen car, with at least some of the passengers inside acquainted with the local constabulary -- meaning they've been in trouble before.

The questions are many, and even the horrific play-by-play posted by one young survivor does nothing to provide answers.

His latest post on the subject asks friends to attend the funeral:

"it would mean the world to me if you came it doesn't matter who you are just please come"

Why it happened, and how to prevent it from happening again -- there may never be a satisfactory conclusion.

For those mourning a young life, the only thing that matters is saying goodbye.

Herald:

Wednesday » September 24 » 2008

Friends remember 14-year-old boy killed in stolen car

Calgary Herald

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fatality - A Calgary teen killed when a stolen car crashed is being remembered by friends for his love of soccer and his sense of humour.

Alex Flynn died after a stolen sedan carrying four young teenagers and a 12-year-old crashed shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday.

The injured boys were found in or near the red Honda Civic in Thorncliffe, at 54th Avenue and Buckthorn Road N.W.

Flynn, 14, the most seriously injured passenger, died in hospital Sunday.

Police have not released his name. Friends have set up a Facebook site mourning the loss of Flynn, a student at John G. Diefenbaker High School.

On Monday, teachers announced the fatal crash to students.

The suspected driver, 14, is expected to survive, police said. He remains in hospital with serious trauma injuries.

He is facing multiple charges.

The other two boys are 14 years old, although one is turing 15 in a few weeks, police said.

The Honda Civic involved in the crash was reported stolen Saturday evening from the Marlborough area.

Ok I'm going to ask the question on everyone's mind: the guy who had his civic stolen... would he have to pay a deductible or would insurance just write him a cheque for the book value of his car?

My Ride
    Acura Integra

LOL. Platt just plays it off like that kid is the victim. Poor guy, just wanted to steal cars.

To tell you the truth, no one should be happy this happened, just sad that a life was thrown away due to bad parenting. Think about it the kid died, It would have been nice if he lived, not die because he wasn't taught any better, or told that car hopping is not cool, and not fun, because obviously from their Nexopia convo's they thought it was. He's 12 for god's sake. Max_Boost if I were you I would step in cause, if not, then you'll feel guilty if the same thing happened to them.

Sorry for that Dr.Phil session, but Super_Geo I think he would just get a paid for the current value.

My Ride
    NOYB.

There was an interview on QR77 today - I don't know if talk radio is among the things beyonders listen to - that talked about youth crime. The morning host from Q107 Calgary was interviewed on the national current-events show this afternoon about a story he told in his blog, about a crime in the community he grew up in in Montreal. There, three kids between 13 and 15 broke into an elderly couple's house with the intent to steal money and electronics. They were surprised to find the couple home and asleep in bed. The wife was attacked first, with the half-full beer bottle one of the kids had been carrying and drinking from. The husband was beaten beyond recognition with a baseball bat. These three kids were later found to be bragging about the killings, and of course, did very little time in detention (I can't even call it jail, because they specifically said 'juvenile detention' in the story), and are out and carrying on with their lives now.
    A caller shortly after that related the story of her son that was murdered in Edmonton last year. The young offender that has been arraigned for trial for this killing spent his preliminary hearing in April making kissy-faces and winking and smirking at the victim's mother.

Do either of these situations sound like anyone who deserves any respect?

What's the difference between entering a house to steal items and killing someone in the process, and stealing a car and killing someone in the process?

Why should I respect someone who doesn't respect anyone else?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6